Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those who are curious on supply chain issues, inflation, etc etc. I believe one of the best indicators is to look at freight shipping index. Although fuel cost has some affect to shipping cost, but the bulk of shipping cost right now is caused by high traffic at ports. When a ship has to wait weeks just to unload, the operating cost plus opportunity cost are all factored into the shipping cost. So if we see a drop in this index, then that means traffic is easing which can potentially reduce inflation.

Used fossil cars are getting harder to sell in Norway

New stats from OFV in Norway shows that online ads for used EVs stay up for 23 days on average - while ads for used fossil cars stay up for 35 days. And the trend is that the difference is growing.

Quite a turnaround - no further back than in October diesel cars sold faster than EVs.

Source. Elbilene går unna - fossilbilene blir liggende lenger

If Powell comes out bearish tomorrow we'll be lucky to be above $900 by Friday.
I don't think there's a sentiment Powell is willing to express that would lock us under 900 if earnings are near our estimates. He'd have to more than double down on rate hikes.

Looking at QQQ tho.....it might be best for us in the near term(1-3 months) if Powell does tank the markets a bit more. QQQ is way off highs, but another -10% gets it back to March lows. That and the transition of covid to "endemic" could spark a massive tech buying spree around the beginning of March.

The timing could be pretty good. TSLA to $1000 on earnings then 1100 within a few weeks as algos adjust. Then a pause followed by the macro move-up with TSLA to 1300-1400 as 1Q nears it's close. That's the "worst" case IMO. Lol!

Tho obviously I'm an eternal optimist. 4Q numbers are a game changer. No amount of shenanigans can change that. They're real.

Oh no... Tesla is doomed
I genuinely can't keep track of all of GM's investment plans and EVs they claim they will build. I swear every week they announced another 10-30 billion in investments. Surely the total is around 500 trillion so far.

Oh no... Tesla is doomed
1643127629931.png

By 2025....Austin will be over 1M by itself...not counting Fremont. Oh wait...key word in that headline was 'bid'.

I genuinely can't keep track of all of GM's investment plans and EVs they claim they will build. I swear every week they announced another 10-30 billion in investments. Surely the total is around 500 trillion so far.

And GM expects all those investments to result in an annual global sales of 1 million by 2025. The really baffling part is how they think a 1 million global EV sales is enough to "de-throne" Tesla by 2025? 🤣

GM has said it will sell more than 1 million EVs globally by mid-decade and overtake Tesla as America’s top seller of electric vehicles during that time frame.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤫

Press releases are cheap. They only cost a PR department.

Gross oversight from Elon not to have one. /s