Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shorts are not investors. They are the exact opposite. Anti-investors.
Not only that but, to qualify as a legitimate "harmed entity", the only thing the shareholders have to prove is that they owned the stock during a defined period of time, which has not yet been identified. I think the SEC made a big mistake, if I understand the agreement correctly, by taking possession of the $40M have set themselves up to deal with sorting out the issue of who owned what during the period of "harm". If the settlement had ordered Tesla to distribute pro rata shares (or cash) to current shareholders (like a dividend, for example), it would fall to the settlement agencies to determine who owns what to whom. I.e. the SEC may be delaying payment because they don't know how to deal with the naked short situation that they have allowed to arise.

Not only that but, to qualify as a legitimate "harmed entity", the only thing the shareholders have to prove is that they owned the stock during a defined period of time, which has not yet been identified. I think the SEC made a big mistake, if I understand the agreement correctly, by taking possession of the $40M have set themselves up to deal with sorting out the issue of who owned what during the period of "harm". If the settlement had ordered Tesla to distribute pro rata shares (or cash) to current shareholders (like a dividend, for example), it would fall to the settlement agencies to determine who owns what to whom. I.e. the SEC may be delaying payment because they don't know how to deal with the naked short situation that they have allowed to arise.
It's a dream of mine that the SEC would force the identification of the owners of all the share at one point in time. We'd finally know how many shares are really in circulation.

It's a dream of mine that the SEC would force the identification of the owners of all the share at one point in time. We'd finally know how many shares are really in circulation.
I agree. What I was implying was that by giving GS et al everything they've wanted (i.e., The Madoff Exemption and the repeal of the Uptick Rule, in order to control the markets) , they have created a situation where, heretofore, nothing was their problem. Distributing that $40M, to the legitimate owners, all of a sudden is a problem. It is possible that this is the reason the money has not been distributed.

In the meantime, I'll continue analyzing the company the way I always have.

And in the meantime, Giga Shanghai has spooled up to Max-Q: :D

【Eeb.18.2022】Refilled parking area \ Giga shanghai \ 4K # 417 | Wu Wa on Youtbue

Cheers!

P.S. Wall St. hedgies who are spreading the bedtime story that Tesla needs a Truck and a Compact car are lying to you. If you only have enough chips to build 1.75M cars in 2022, it makes ZERO financial sense to introduce new product lines with lower margins and/or lower ASPs. Tesla is MAXIMIZING INCOME in 2022 with PROVEN demand, products, and manufacturing tech.

But Wall St. would have you believe the opposite, and now they're even stooping to hiring social media "influencers" to regurgitate their drool (yes, looking squarely at u, sulley). That's because Wall St. wants your shares, cheap.

I've said it before, and will say it again: Tesla ONLY makes profitable cars. When the TIME and the MARKET is right, Tesla will expand into additional product lines. For now, they are busy making money, hand over fist (its what they do).

Hand-Over-Fist-1.jpg

HODL'ing. :D

Hang onto your hats ladies & gentlemen, just about $10 more drop and we reach 200 day MA.
That means, gears will suddenly switch to reverse and we go up like a rocket -- prepare for whiplash!

Nope, bounced off the Lower-BB instead:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-02-18.22-00.png

Wedgies are nothing if not patient. :p MA(200) was $829ish at the Close, which was about equal to the MA(180). Fortunately, the 200-day moving average will be a rising floor for at least the next 5 months.

Cheers!

Helpful. To quote the comment...

My question still remains about whether it opens up sources of supply as well.
I think it would, a lot of refining is currently done in China, so Tesla would need to buy the refined Lithium carbonate for Chinese suppliers and that is what most of the industry is doing.

If they do refining, Tesla can buy the raw material in different grades direct from the mine. If Tesla develops a supper efficient refining process, they might be able to use lower grade ore, in part because they have cut out the middle man, and some of the sea miles. Or they can use new North American mines, cutting out a lot of sea miles and transport delays.

Tesla might even be able to use the process they intend to use for extracting lithium for clay, I have previously guessed that might be using electricity to plate Lithium.

Why I say this is a lot of mining processing uses complex chemical flowsheets that are often tailored fairly specifically to the output of a particular mine.
In contrast a "first principles" approach using electricity to plate Lithium. might work for any Lithium source.
From a mission point of view, that works best if Tesla can use electricity generated on-site to plate Lithium.

Lithium plating would work, it is just a question of the efficiency of the process, and the volumes it could produce, no point in doing it if the Lithium it produces isn't a sufficient quantity.

Lithium also reacts with water producing some heat and hydrogen, that reaction is far less violent that the sodium + water reaction. Perhaps some of the heat/hydrogen can be used for some industrial process at the factory, or to make electricity. I'm not sure how useful the heat is.

I should stress this is just a hunch, I like to think the odds on my hunches are 50/50, but in truth they are lower.

Last edited:
I agree. What I was implying was that by giving GS et al everything they've wanted (i.e., The Madoff Exemption and the repeal of the Uptick Rule, in order to control the markets) , they have created a situation where, heretofore, nothing was their problem. Distributing that $40M, to the legitimate owners, all of a sudden is a problem. It is possible that this is the reason the money has not been distributed.
If it goes on long enough people will forget about it and, with a bit of creative accounting, they can pocket the money.

Can you imagine Oprah giving away Tesla’s on live TV and people saying NO? Well, probably not definitive, but I can personally attest to the loss of two vehicle sales. I have offered to GIVE Model Y’s to family members who helped convince me to invest in TSLA. They absolutely said no, specifically because of Elon. Yes, I know that Tesla is production-limited and this is inconsequential, but there are certainly others, and eventually it will be consequential.

On a more personal note, picked up a few more shares today at $849.xx. More buys set at 82x.xx, 81x.xx, 79x.xx if needed. I do need the SP back over $1100 to make good on my family’s offer.:rolleyes::oops:
^^^Didnt Happen of the Year Award nominee right here^^^^

1 mil cells can make a little more than 1000 model Y. Texas need to get to 1mil a day this year. Right now it doesn't make that much difference yet.
Austin should have 10 times as many lines as Kato Rd, and they need to increase the line speed.
It will be a slow ramp, we should have reasonable expectations, but I think by the end of 2023 we could see a peak run rate of 1/2 Million per year.
Or it might take longer, but they will get there.

Berlin had a big festival too.

Still not shipping cars to customers.

So it'd be awesome if that's what this is, but I don't take Elons answer as confirmation of that.

(for that matter, April 1 would be after Q1, when they said on the earnings call they'd already expect to have delivered cars)