Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me really nervous as an investor, anybody else feel the same?
There are so many reasons to feel really nervous as an investor of any company right now. Tesla in particular is most certainly the most hated company in the world, with the highest number of people wishing for it to fail. Elon is in the crosshairs of many organizations that would be happy to see him go. He has been for a very, very long time.

If this nonsense is what stands out for you, then sell and run for the hills. Not trying to be nasty, but if it gives you peace of mind, well, that is priceless.

There are so many reasons to feel really nervous as an investor of any company right now. Tesla in particular is most certainly the most hated company in the world, with the highest number of people wishing for it to fail. Elon is in the crosshairs of many organizations that would be happy to see him go. He has been for a very, very long time.

If this nonsense is what stands out for you, then sell and run for the hills. Not trying to be nasty, but if it gives you peace of mind, well, that is priceless.
I think the question is do I take some amount off the table? And I think it's unfortunate because this is something he didn't have to get into, given the larger missions he should be focused on

Reactions: JRP3

Tesla is far from being the most hated company in the world. You think companies like Hertz, AMD, Mr. Beast, WaWa, and all of these other brands would put Tesla front in center as their partner if the company is so hated? You think they receive over 3 million applicants from top engineers if they were the most hated company in the world?

There was a time when short interest being over 30%, there were a significant amount of people wishing Tesla would fail...now that number is at 3% and we probably should put this them vs us mentality away. Tesla is a trillion dollar market cap company...it didn't get there because the world wants it to fail...awfully crappy at taking Tesla down if that was the real objective.

I think the question is do I take some amount off the table? And I think it's unfortunate because this is something he didn't have to get into, given the larger missions he should be focused on
If you are thinking about it…..

And Elon will always get into stuff that many people will feel he didn’t have to get into. I definitely feel you on that one. But will refrain from detailing on this thread.

In my opinion, if this Tweet has you thinking about taking money off the table, but everything else going on has not, you probably have your priorities mixed up.

Having said that, I’m still all-in with my life savings and will continue to be until my lofty price target is hit, which IMO is almost inevitable.

Now is the time to think about buying more, not selling. If you sell, the shorts win. And do you want those moronic knuckleheads to win?

Where do you even get this idea?

Lots of *companies* would love for Tesla to go away. Quite a few are buddies with Tesla and will be for decades. Sort of like Apple and Amazon. Success breeds resentment. Displacing companies breeds envy and fear.

Among consumers and in particular young people, Tesla is a beloved brand. Tesla is one of the top 2 companies college engineering graduates want to work for. SpaceX is #1.

Tesla is far from being the most hated company in the world. You think companies like Hertz, AMD, Mr. Beast, WaWa, and all of these other brands would put Tesla front in center as their partner if the company is so hated? You think they receive over 3 million applicants from top engineers if they were the most hated company in the world?

There was a time when short interest being over 30%, there were a significant amount of people wishing Tesla would fail...now that number is at 3% and we probably should put this them vs us mentality away. Tesla is a trillion dollar market cap company...it didn't get there because the world wants it to fail...awfully crappy at taking Tesla down if that was the real objective.
I see your point. But demographics are definitely at play here.

If I may be simplistic: Old people that own a lot of stuff and no TSLA would prefer that Tesla died. Young people that dream of Mars and a future of renewables love Tesla. So it is hated and loved. A company of extremes if you will.

The global power structure is currently run by the aforementioned old people.

BTW, the oil interests that run a large part of the world have had no problem starting wars in the past for no reason other than raising the price of oil for a while. Don’t think they would hesitate to dispatch a particular person if it behooved them. They have a lot of company in other entrenched rent seeking industries that Tesla also threatens.

Where do you even get this idea?

Lots of *companies* would love for Tesla to go away. Quite a few are buddies with Tesla and will be for decades. Sort of like Apple and Amazon. Success breeds resentment. Displacing companies breeds envy and fear.

Among consumers and in particular young people, Tesla is a beloved brand. Tesla is one of the top 2 companies college engineering graduates want to work for. SpaceX is #1.
I get this idea by paying attention to the world at large. C’mon, the President of our country refused to even speak the company’s name.

I know all this stuff that you detail. Have for a long time. I am very encouraged by the young people who are clamoring to work for Tesla and SpaceX and it is the main reason I believe that Tesla will win and that we have a great future ahead beginning now.

Reactions: kanweg

unfortunately, this is changing fast as Elon does everything he can to spout right-wing talking points and firmly ally himself with Trump supporters, transphobes, and bigots.

Source in regards to “this is changing fast”?
Anecdoral evidence: used to be kids cheer and admire teslas around us. Recently got blocked by teens yelling : **** you for driving a tesla! Heard this also second hand from others. It's like the public image is finally getting tainted with the young ones which is not a good sign for the future. Recently even my 15yo was repeating some fud that he heard from friends

Why exactly? Famous people get stuff like this quite often. Do as you will, I'm lovin' Tesla's future and all in.

Anecdoral evidence: used to be kids cheer and admire teslas around us. Recently got blocked by teens yelling : **** you for driving a tesla! Heard this also second hand from others. It's like the public image is finally getting tainted with the young ones which is not a good sign for the future
Kids and adults still cheer me, but it is not often you see a matte green Model X tank roll-up and smoke a Lambo.

Anecdoral evidence: used to be kids cheer and admire teslas around us. Recently got blocked by teens yelling : **** you for driving a tesla! Heard this also second hand from others. It's like the public image is finally getting tainted with the young ones which is not a good sign for the future. Recently even my 15yo was repeating some fud that he heard from friends
Ah San Francisco. A lot of people there with hatred for no reason, not just Tesla.

oahyd0ed1wx81.jpg

Here is to the start of a good week!