Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true, I for one am retiring as Teslanaire.
I was all set back in November to heavily trim and go defensive to finally pull that plug. But I just had to decide to keep working another year so I could justify a roadster. Why wasn't I able to tell the future? facepalm.jpg

I was all set back in November to heavily trim and go defensive to finally pull that plug. But I just had to decide to keep working another year so I could justify a roadster. Why wasn't I able to tell the future? facepalm.jpg
I feel more confident retiring while Tesla's price is bottoming out than when it is near an ATH. But ultimately, the timing of my decision had more to do with personal and professional issues than the stock market or Tesla.

We'll ride out this bear and be flying high next year.

Yea, this. Look at the height of the fire on the top glass. There's no accelerant on the glass to cause that. Talk about suspicious...
Except the report said that the fire started inside the car. The owner said he saw smoke, opened the back door, and then lots of flames. All seems rather odd.

Of course it's not as though reports are ever very clear or accurate.

I feel more confident retiring while Tesla's price is bottoming out than when it is near an ATH. But ultimately, the timing of my decision had more to do with personal and professional issues than the stock market or Tesla.

We'll ride out this bear and be flying high next year.
100%. If I was still close to my number I'd feel the most comfortable doing it now. Doing it at ATH seemed risky and obv it would have been.

Yea, this. Look at the height of the fire on the top glass. There's no accelerant on the glass to cause that. Talk about suspicious...
Yeah, and he said he opened the door and the car seat was the first thing that melted, burned?, so that makes me think that something inside the car started the fire. It seems most likely that someone set it on fire.

Except the report said that the fire started inside the car. The owner said he saw smoke, opened the back door, and then lots of flames. All seems rather odd.

Yea I don't buy what that owner is selling. The fire was put out quickly... ah ok. If it started from the battery, more of the structure would have melted and it certainly wouldn't have been quick to put out. Also judging from the pic, the floor looks incredibly intact.

If the fire did start inside the car, how do we explain the whole surface of the glass roof burning? That was doused in Gasoline with some poured in through the open rear window for good measure is my guess.