Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that sucks. Rare shift - DOWN - for TSLA. Berkshire Hathaway now worth more.

May THIS be short lived. Myself and others are predicting TSLA will be the most valuable company in the world sometime in 2023.

Do people really think Tesla will overtake Apple next year as the world's most valuable company? That would be a truly incredible leap of valuation in a very short time! 😮

I think Tesla will pass Apple more like 2025-2027 timeframe, not for many years yet...

The details on the additional funding

The full agreements typically have clauses that allow the other investors to back out if the agreed upon deal changes. Even if it is “for the better.”

Doesn't matter. The guy raised 12B in funding in a week. A WEEK. You honestly think he will have problems replacing someone?

Hell, if the minimum buy-in were lower, I would beg him to invest.

ARK Invest purchased another 22k TSLA shares today.

1653437086914.png

Do people really think Tesla will overtake Apple next year as the world's most valuable company? That would be a truly incredible leap of valuation in a very short time! 😮

I think Tesla will pass Apple more like 2025-2027 timeframe, not for many years yet...
I'm pretty sure Walmart will be the most valuable company next year if Nasdaq goes to a PE of 1 based on current trend.

Twitter. He needs to drop that and stay focused. He never should have gone down this path.
You (or we) don't own Elon. He could walk away tomorrow if wanted and he could afford LOTS of islands. You can be upset for collateral damage or lack of apparent synergy while he stays, but he's human. Allow Elon to be human and realize he has many other ambitions. Invest as if Elon is a human, not a fully dedicated robot.

If Musk buys back a considerable number of TSLA shares, it could trigger the start of the recovery we and the market needs.

He won't buy back sold shares when he's due 12 tranches worth of 2018 CEO compensation stock options (~12% of Tesla's outstanding shares in March 2018).

IMO, best result is he uses some of the April 2022 proceeds to pay his income taxes due on excercise, and consequently he needs to sell fewer additional shares.

Now they'd be cheaper than back in Nov 2021. That's good for Tesla too, since they have to pay a portion as payroll taxes. I'd like to see us all benefit long term from this short term dip, and this is a substantial way to do so.

Cheers!

Last edited:

It's purely up to the macros. By this time next year TSLA would need to have about a 120 PE to be worth more than AAPL today.

Of course AAPL is unlikely to stand still for a year with a $90B buyback on tap.

So it's not unthinkable, just unlikely until maybe Energy and/or FSD starts getting valued.

Democrats Aren't ‘Musk Fans’ But They Sure Do Like His Cars​

There are other interesting quotes in there. Worth a read.

Wow what a great read.

Turns out Mark Kelly, former astronaut, has Model S performance. I guess he still has a need for speed here on earth.