Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
options:

1. buy TWTR
2. walk away (pay $1B, same day TSLA will go up a lot more ...)

3. TSLA share buyback
4. some good ole fashioned Tesla news

(3&4 would raise TSLA shares and hence make it less costly ... engineer success)

Just my speculation, @The Accountant can probably comment better than I.

But I believe that Musk's sale of shares several weeks ago basically gave ample supply of shares to the float for TSLA. The increase in the float is allowing the manipulators to more easily do their manipulations, because more shares are available to be "loaned out" by various groups.

You saw the opposite back in 2020 with other companies when "activist" investors bought up the float (AMC, GME, etc.) to put the hurt on short sellers.

Just my speculation.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. MORE FUD.

The FACT is that the SEC filings on the purchase CLEARLY lay out what Musk has to come up with: how much is cash, how much is a loan outright (NOT against shares), etc. There WAS a portion that was loan against his TSLA shares, but he went out and easily (under a week) came up with that money from other parties.

You are purely speculating at this point, I'm posting FACTS. You care to post some FACTS to back up your assumptions?
The only fact is that mkt conditions have changed for the worse, much worse.

Let us see if that alters the backing (verbal) commitment and how it affects
musks financing .

if so it’s an overhang on the stock that may explain
the inordinate weakness. If not so, all the better.
but it’s a plausible explanation.

But I believe that Musk's sale of shares several weeks ago basically gave ample supply of shares to the float for TSLA. The increase in the float is allowing the manipulators to more easily do their manipulations, because more shares are available to be "loaned out" by various groups.

You saw the opposite back in 2020 with other companies when "activist" investors bought up the float (AMC, GME, etc.) to put the hurt on short sellers.

Just my speculation.

It's hard for me to gauge if this is likely; it sounds like a great topic for Rob Maurer at Tesla Daily. Maybe he can bring on one of his Wall Street guests.

Nasdaq volume ended at 4.03b. Not only a low volume day, the lowest volume day of the year. Dec 31 was the last day that had lower volume than today. We have the 3 lows with declining volume of the textbook triple bottom, now we need the retest and breaking of 11,500 with a further test of 12,000.

SP500 is a similar story just a bit farther back on the dates. If there is reason to believe the bears are losing steam, this is a fairly strong one.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any widespread panic here yet. When we have bottomed out previously, it's generally been in a forum-wide haze of terror.
The good news is that the panic is growing, this has historically been correlated with bottoming out.

I do think Musk should just drop this whole Twitter debacle. It's an unnecessary distraction. And a ridiculously expensive one now too, with a >30% premium.

To some extent, the German government and the EU are already bailing out the VW Group every day and every year. There are a lot of subsidies, e.g. Kurarbeitergeld and many others flowing, and the state of Lower Saxony, which owns a Tesla state, also supports them. Bonds are bought from the EU to keep the refinancing of VW, which now has a debt of 200 billion, going. Without all these measures, VW would already be bankrupt. If the situation worsens, they will step up efforts, as VW poses a systemic risk to Germany.

Why dont you walk us through VWx balance sheet and the subsidies they are getting, that shows they would be bankrupt?

for the eternal debate on starlink in a Tesla. Someone deconscructed a dishy and suction cup mounted it in the car.

1653426340729.png

1653426383764.png

1653426468396.png

FTesg96UAAAUW0h

Just my speculation.
Makes sense. I think MM's used Musk's tax selling binge to clear any naked short position and then got another gift when he sold to fund Twitter. So if you were the House, what would be your next move?

You want to accumulate QQQ, so you beat the whole market down as low as possible. Having extra float in the market and an empty ledger means TONS more room for fresh naked shorting, and the volume was so low it didn't even take much.

I also think "they" are definitely angling to run over retail put option sellers just like they did in Jan/Feb. They want these people crushed and out of their market.

Now we see call option volume increasing on QQQ a LOT while share prices continue to plummet. MM's are squeezing retail while their hedge fund customers are buying calls. Best part is that sometimes it's the same person on both ends.

So what's next? Clearly you steamroll the covered-call sellers to take their shares. Just look at the "other thread". Tons of talk about selling CC's at $700 and $750. Responsible traders can roll out of the path of this freight train, but how many traders are that responsible....half?

Someone tell Adam Jonas.
I think Elon's reply from the call still applies. It eats too much power (hurts range, cost per mile).

So when he tweeted today that it was too "big" for the car he is thinking too big to be practical, too big to put one in every car.

But yep, you can do it to one specific car if you don't care about cost.