Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rolled 0715-c$700 to 0729-$700 for a $30 credit in a Beneficiary IRA. Kind of risky, but not expecting much the next 2 weeks beyond an unimpressive 2Q ER. Although given recent history, we could have a plodding ER and the stock could still take off (low correlation of SP to fundamentals). Will just keep on rollin’ if that happens.

Rolled 0715-c$700 to 0729-$700 for a $30 credit in a Beneficiary IRA. Kind of risky, but not expecting much the next 2 weeks beyond an unimpressive 2Q ER. Although given recent history, we could have a plodding ER and the stock could still take off (low correlation of SP to fundamentals). Will just keep on rollin’ if that happens.
whoops wrong thread (is what I think has happened)

Besides, they won't let them cut down the trees for firewood without completing a paper process that would take all Winter to get through. :rolleyes:
The circular problem here is that all that paperwork takes the entire tree farm (See? I didn't say "forest"o_O ) to generate the necessary pulp...

I’m starting to feel bullish for the first time in 6 months. Is it because of the nice sunny summer days or because the stock price didn’t drop like a rock even with high CPI numbers?
The steamroller is heating up. Just a few market days til guidance and other updates.

Neither did I. Can't find it. Anyone have a pointer?
Sorry I posted there to make it more visible, here is a link..

I’m starting to feel bullish for the first time in 6 months. Is it because of the nice sunny summer days or because the stock price didn’t drop like a rock even with high CPI numbers?
So this is the calm before the storm because a lot of the multipliers have been reset from the sell off. Also a lot of inflation and rate rises have been priced in.

The next leg up or down is going to come from earnings revisions and forward guidance. Also I'm not entirely sure if recession is priced in yet or not. I would argue the market doesn't care about a technical recession and the only thing it'll care about is if we get a deep recession which will effect earnings going forward. All signs point to earnings. Get ready for a if things are bad. This is going to lead to TSLA 500 or TSLA 900 (Not taking into account TSLA's own earnings).

So you shouldn't really be feeling bullish, the markets trading sideways right now.

You said fully autonomous.

Lemme help you out.

ful·ly
/ˈfo͝olē/
adverb
completely or entirely; to the furthest extent.

Definition of autonomous
undertaken or carried on without outside control

So yeah- "fully automous" literally means completely or entirely undertaken or carried on without outside control.

Thus your claim that "Pulling over when you lose connection with base doesn't stop the car from being fully autonomous." is factually wrong.

Without the ability to be outside controlled, it ceases to operate autonomously at all. So far from fully.

As is nearly all your anti-FSD posts, which is most of the your total posts on the forum.

Actually, wait... not "most"... all it seems.

In fact, at a quick glance over your >2700 posts, that appears to be literally the only thing you have ever posted here in ~6 years

That's just remarkable. I mean, I can understand getting a bit dog-with-a-bone.... but 6 years of nothing but FUD on a single topic over thousands of posts... wow.

That's your first post in 2016.

Everything since has been 2700+ posts of FUD/doubt about ADAS and self driving.

Some extra funny stuff in there too, that as the kids say "did not age well"

Here's you , in 2016, telling us EAPs promised features will never happen for example.

Let's see how your predictions worked out!

Every promised EAP feature has been fully delivered for almost 3 full years now- with the same camera HW as when you made that post.

Yes! Lets!

I award you 0 points for this 100% wrong prediction.

Turns out- it wasn't a problem and has worked perfectly for many years now. I again award you 0 points.

Again, has been working perfectly for years. Zero points again.

I mean- they do use all the cameras, so I guess you got that "right"? But it works. It's probably the least 'good' feature in busy situations though. So I guess you get _a_ point here?

#flatoutwrong

Let's jump ahead a bit (this is one of many many many overly long, and ultimately almost entirely wrong, posts you've made, among thousands, beating the same drum of being incorrect....

#flatoutwrong

L2, always was, always was promised to be. Nothing but FSD ever promised more than L2.

Can you remind us what Volvos L4 system that you claim was coming in 2017 was and how it worked out?

This sounds great, where can I buy one of these 2017 Volvos that let's me watch movies while it drives on the highway?

Speaking of 2017... here's another hilarious post of yours- posted in 2017... actually, between this, and your profile that claims you're a software enginer in Michigan, I have to wonder if you haven't just been a GM shill for 6 years here?

5-6 years later and your posts haven't gotten any less silly or FUDtacular.

28A7D37D-D348-4F84-A218-5FD6F447F6DF.gif

Lemme help you out.

ful·ly
/ˈfo͝olē/
adverb
completely or entirely; to the furthest extent.

Definition of autonomous
undertaken or carried on without outside control

So yeah- "fully automous" literally means completely or entirely undertaken or carried on without outside control.

Thus your claim that "Pulling over when you lose connection with base doesn't stop the car from being fully autonomous." is factually wrong.

Without the ability to be outside controlled, it ceases to operate autonomously at all. So far from fully.

As is nearly all your anti-FSD posts, which is most of the your total posts on the forum.

In fact, at a quick glance over your >2700 posts, that appears to be literally the only thing you have ever posted here in ~6 years

That's just remarkable. I mean, I can understand getting a bit dog-with-a-bone.... but 6 years of nothing but FUD on a single topic over thousands of posts... wow.

Here's you , in 2016, telling us EAPs promised features will never happen for example.

Every promised EAP feature has been fully delivered for almost 3 full years now- with the same camera HW as when you made that post.

Yes! Lets!

I award you 0 points for this 100% wrong prediction.

Turns out- it wasn't a problem and has worked perfectly for many years now. I again award you 0 points.

Again, has been working perfectly for years. Zero points again.

I mean- they do use all the cameras, so I guess you got that "right"? But it works. It's probably the least 'good' feature in busy situations though. So I guess you get _a_ point here?

#flatoutwrong

Let's jump ahead a bit (this is one of many many many overly long, and ultimately almost entirely wrong, posts you've made, among thousands, beating the same drum of being incorrect....

#flatoutwrong

L2, always was, always was promised to be. Nothing but FSD ever promised more than L2.

Can you remind us what Volvos L4 system that you claim was coming in 2017 was and how it worked out?

This sounds great, where can I buy one of these 2017 Volvos that let's me watch movies while it drives on the highway?

Speaking of 2017... here's another hilarious post of yours- posted in 2017... actually, between this, and your profile that claims you're a software enginer in Michigan, I have to wonder if you haven't just been a GM shill for 6 years here?

Wow, just wow. Guess you did your research as @Bladerskb suggested. 🤣

Reminder to myself: don't mess with @Knightshade.

The steamroller is heating up. Just a few market days til guidance and other updates.
Fair warning to everyone.

I've been thinking the same the last few trading days. It feels like some quiet accumulation happening. With relatively light trading, today was a perfect day for MMs/shorts to wreak havoc on the SP. But they weren't able to do it; bullish! Or is it possible the MMs actually are working to prop up the SP against the put wall. Either way, I am getting a good feeling that we are on the verge of a run-up.

But given my horrible timing track record, my bullishness is a strong signal of a sell-off. The one thing I could do to guarantee a sell-off would be to leverage my position by selling shares to purchase LEAPs. I'm so tempted, but I'm going to spare all longs by not doing this.

Continued good luck to all of us longs. I hope to be able to look back to today with regrets for not leveraging up.

Given how strong Tesla’s Q3 and Q4 are likely to be, even a small positive move in the overall markets could trigger outsized gains in TSLA. Of course anything can happen, but at $700 with such strong fundamentals, the odds are now strongly with the longs.

This is completely and factually wrong. It doesn't cease operating autonomously. It is instructed to pull over.
This is like saying humans are not fully autonomous because they follow directions/instructions.
This is completely illogical. This exact situation happens with humans EVERYDAY. Where they are instructed to pull over in the event of [something]
That actually proves I'm an actual engineer who cares only about Autonomous and ADAS systems, not about the stock or any investment in anyway.
Something you clearly are NOT. You on the other hands have what? thousands of dollars riding on TSLA? I don't understand how that reflects negative about me in any way? In-fact it proves I'm neither long/short, nor care about it. But you on the other hand are not biased with your huge investments? huh? Make it make sense.

But hey lets take a look at YOU taking all my posts out of context! Shall we?
Yes I posted in a thread about how the 2016 Model S/HW2 using the 10 TOPs half variant of Nvidia Drive PX 2. Despite the fact that it doesn't even have compute capable of L5. It didn't even have any redundancy not even in the way of compute redundancy as Tesla tried to do with HW2.5 and HW3.

And guess what? I was RIGHT. Not only would it be difficult for the hardware to get regulatory approval for L5. But The HW2 which i was posting about will literally NEVER get regulatory approval for L5. NEVER!

You mean being right every time like i proved above?

Every promised EAP feature has been fully delivered for almost 3 full years now- with the same camera HW as when you made that post. Yes! Lets! I award you 0 points for this 100% wrong prediction. Turns out- it wasn't a problem and has worked perfectly for many years now. I again award you 0 points. Again, has been working perfectly for years. Zero points again. I mean- they do use all the cameras, so I guess you got that "right"? But it works. It's probably the least 'good' feature in busy situations though. So I guess you get _a_ point here?
Did you even bother to read the post i wrote? I was 100% BULLSEYE AGAIN!

I talked about how the camera configuration that was alloted to both the highway navigation and the smart summon would require all 8 cameras.
I was 100% right. Everything I said was right. EAP was promised by Elon to be released in December 2016 and showed up Q4 2018.

This was the thesis of the thread you quoted: "Looking closer at the promised features and the available camera hardware assigned to those features i discovered that based on the current configuration reaching EAP complete is essentially IMPOSSIBLE."

I even went out and pointed it out multiple times in the post.

• EAP2 cameras configuration consists only of the redundant forward looking camera and the two rear looking cameras.
  • The camera used for tracking traffic signs/lights and pedestrian is the Wide forward camera which is not included in EAP2.
AND then later on again

"This is another feature that will require all 8 cameras in order to work as promised."

That was the thesis of my thread and I was 10000000% right.
EAP highway navigate on autopilot required 8 cameras and so did Smart Summon.
EAP wasn't released in December 2016 as promised but rather Q4 2018
EAP also heavily used maps and geofenced out areas that had problems.

STOP Lying on me!

SsZ55Cz.png

#flatoutwrong

Let's jump ahead a bit (this is one of many many many overly long, and ultimately almost entirely wrong, posts you've made, among thousands, beating the same drum of being incorrect....L2, always was, always was promised to be. Nothing but FSD ever promised more than L2.
Another blatant LIE and taking my post out of context.

I said EAP was like the L4 highway systems others were trying to deploy.
I then said the difference between EAP and the L4 highway system others are trying to deploy is that their system is L4 and thus "be fully responsible on the highway with you watching a movie, reading newspaper or playing a game until you are a mile from your exit." and thus be better.

STOP Lying on me!

"EAP2 is essentially L4 Highway that alot of companies have talked about and one being volvo, will be implementing for specific routes in 2017. But the car will be fully responsible on the highway with you watching a movie, reading newspaper or playing a game until you are a mile from your exit. That sounds alot better and safer."​
Volvo failed to deploy L4 highway on any route and I called them out on it, just like i called out Tesla. You have a problem with relaying what companies are saying they will do and then calling them out on it when they don't do it?

That's not FUD, Cruise are years ahead of Tesla in autonomous driving. This is based on indisputable facts.
To deny that and claim that a L2 ADAS system you have to watch like a hawk and snatch the wheel every acouple miles to prevent a potential accident is better is literally FUD. While Cruise goes tens of thousands of miles without a safety disengagement in the exact same city. Whether you believe Cruise is behind Tesla or not. The fact that Cruise launched a robot-taxi BEFORE Tesla and alot of other SDC companies proved my statement that they are "one of the front-runners in self driving tech."

Every single thing you posted i was 100% right and completely BULLEYE in!
And guess what? Atleast I'm an actual engineer. Can't say the same about you...
I used my engineering skills to make assessment about HW2 and I was right on every count!

Last edited:
So this is the calm before the storm because a lot of the multipliers have been reset from the sell off. Also a lot of inflation and rate rises have been priced in.

The next leg up or down is going to come from earnings revisions and forward guidance. Also I'm not entirely sure if recession is priced in yet or not. I would argue the market doesn't care about a technical recession and the only thing it'll care about is if we get a deep recession which will effect earnings going forward. All signs point to earnings. Get ready for a shitstorm if things are bad. This is going to lead to TSLA 500 or TSLA 900 (Not taking into account TSLA's own earnings).

So you shouldn't really be feeling bullish, the markets trading sideways right now.
AAPL as market mover had a bullish brake out. QQQ broke the downtrend an consolidates.
Every switch from bear to bull market started with tech leading the way.
Tech earnings start as soon as next week. Could be the catalyst the tech market waited for - especially when guidance is good.
That will drag the rest of the market along.

I feel really bullish and just wait for confirmation via price action - but if earnings or guidance are bad.. -15% here we come 😅

Either way, I am getting a good feeling that we are on the verge of a run-up.
Feeling similar.

One event a month or so out, is the deployment of ELon’s cash as either he is going to exit Twtr with cash or buy it at a reduced price IMO resulting in cash.

Seems to me either that cash mostly goes back into Tesla or is used for taking a chunk of StarLink when it goes public.

Of course I am not the only one thinking about that cash so that might be contributing to that bullish feeling.

Its complete lies. As I proved in the above previous post.

1) I posted in 2016 that HW2 with half variant of Nvidia Drive PX2 (10 Tops) will have difficulty getting regulatory approval for L5. I was RIGHT (Its not even possible anymore). ✅
2) I posted that EAP Navigate on Autopilot will require 8 cameras, more than the 4 Tesla initially allotted. I was RIGHT. ✅
3) I posted that EAP Smart Summon will require 8 cameras, more than the 4 Tesla initially allotted. I was RIGHT. ✅
4) I posted that EAP will require maps (Tesla ended up using their ADAS 2.0 Map Tiles, OpenStreetMaps and geofenced out areas that had problems.). I was RIGHT. ✅
5) I posted that EAP NAP was similar in function to L4 highway system that others were trying to deploy but the difference is that L4 will not require human supervision and hence be better. (I even told someone in that same thread that "I hate to break it to you but hands on ready to take over will still exist and actually more than ever. You will need to be even more vigilant. Why? Because EAP is actually still L2 automation") I was RIGHT. ✅
6) I posted that Cruise was "one of the front-runners in self driving tech." (They ended up being the second to launch a robo-taxi in the US) I was RIGHT. ✅

I made all these statements in 2016 and one in 2017 and got major push back and I was 100% BULLSEYE on all of them. Don't let people mislead you with blatant mis-representations and lies.

Last edited:
AAPL as market mover had a bullish brake out. QQQ broke the downtrend an consolidates.
Every switch from bear to bull market started with tech leading the way.
Tech earnings start as soon as next week. Could be the catalyst the tech market waited for - especially when guidance is good.
That will drag the rest of the market along.

I feel really bullish and just wait for confirmation via price action - but if earnings or guidance are bad.. -15% here we come 😅
I mean you kind of just said what I said. Everyones waiting on earnings, catalayst, bad = bad, good = good. Lol

• Love
Reactions: Drezil