Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is great to see smoke coming from the chimneys on the Cell Production Building at Giga Berlin. Thanks to Tobias Lindh:

It's the first time I see smoke on the central utility building at 6:22 and also the first time I see smoke on the cell production building at 21:20. It seems like parts of the cell production are operational now.

Forward Observing

Humans are the most ungrateful animal on the planet ~ bar none.

Those frozen in time are forced to live that time over and over ~ bar none.

Tonight, Elon/Tesla ~ you may only know them as TSLA; will show us something well beyond my fathers generation, and they reached out to space/stars and said, “hello.” And, I am not referring to movie stars.

While I am not a scientist, I will watch this AI event and learn from it, just like I did on battery day.

This is science at the household level ~ you already have a robot vacuum cleaner.

Cheers

An easy mistake to make, but let’s all be very clear: this is not a Tesla account: look in the account information at the “location“ that says “Parody”.

No need to pay any attention to this account but it may be useful to reply to the tweets making sure others also realise it is someone’s joke account.
Could have fooled me, what with Elon replying to Optimus and it being "The Official Account of Tesla AI Bot".

Screenshot_20220930-084219.png

Could have fooled me, what with Elon replying to Optimus and it being "The Official Account of Tesla AI Bot".

One thing you can check to see if an account is official is whether it's followed by the @Tesla Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Tesla/following

They obviously follow more than just official Tesla accounts, but if an account isn't followed by them, it's likely not official. Before @TeslaSolar got a blue checkmark, I learned it was official because it was followed by @Tesla.

PCE for August came in hotter than expected Core at 4.9 vs 4.7 expected.

Waiting for market collapse…. But it seems uncommitted.

This is old news. August. And we already saw the CPI come in hotter for that month, so I would guess this is expected.

Market has priced in another 75 basis points at this point. Working on what comes after. Probably will not have dramatic moves until we see what September says for CPI.

In other news, financial markets globally under terrific stress. Anyone notice the moves in the UK gilts this week? Traders are getting hammered and liquidations are underway. Commodity prices are mostly collapsing. Oil is also trending down in a big way. US real estate rolling over hard. And the full effect of the interest rate hikes so far probably six months away. Europe seems to be on the verge of a depression. China has big problems that will not go away. Something will break soon.

And perhaps the FED will blink a bit?

Treating this like the 80s makes no sense. That inflation was 15 years in the making. I have said this before; the FED can continue raising rates but there is no reason to act like inflation is ingrained and must be broken immediately. Take it easy, fellas. You really don’t want things to break in the end, do you?

One thing you can check to see if an account is official is whether it's followed by the @Tesla Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Tesla/following

They obviously follow more than just official Tesla accounts, but if an account isn't followed by them, it's likely not official. Before @TeslaSolar got a blue checkmark, I learned it was official because it was followed by @Tesla.
My point is two-fold:

1. ~90% of the Twitterverse are not going to do the research you and @SmokyPeat are suggesting to check on this account; and
2. It's easy for the media to spin such posts very negatively for Tesla.

My guess is this is a Tesla-managed account, and possibly even written by Dojo as an experiment! Wouldn't put it past Elon to try that. Labelling it "parody" may help you in court, but it doesn't help you in the court of public opinion.

Hey, maybe I'm overreacting: Elon's tweeted much worse things directly :rolleyes:

Regarding AI-day: In The Netherlands at the Supercharger in Eemnes there is a restaurant.
People can take a short break while charging for a cup of coffee, a meal, etc.
Nothing out of the ordinary, but...

This week I entered the restaurant and saw robots moving deliveries out of the kitchen towards the tables.
First time I saw it there, amazing to see them moving in public space.
The robots were careful to not bump into anyone, clearly scanning their surroundings.
Personnel only needed to take the order and later put the prepared dishes on the table in the restaurant.
Forgot to take a picture, but these were the robots I saw. Amazing sight.

It has made me all the more curious about AI-day. This evolution is moving fast, people.

View attachment 858400
I was served by a similar robot in Doha. It clearly took the waiters and waitresses more effort to use them than it did if they did not exist. That may change with more automation, but it was almost entirely for show. Customers did not know if the food was for them. Sometimes the robot left with some of the food still on it, and it was a lot slower than having a person bring it to you. Obviously a Tesla bot placing the food on your table would be better.

'Twas the night before AI day, and all through the house, not an option was trading, not even by mouse
Deep learning was hung by the demos with care, while we hoped for marvels Elon soon would lay bare.

Spoiler alert: A contrarian take on Optimus. For economic, rather than technical reasons.

"Humans are underrated" Elon already tried non human form automation and found it didn't work in many cases.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
"Humans are underrated" Elon already tried non human automation and found it didn't work in many cases.
Not sure what the point of being up a quote from many years ago about when Tesla over automated the production lines. Humanoid robots will become the future of manufacturing in the future, whether that’s in the next couple of years or 10 years from now, it s certainty

Reactions: wtlloyd
Not sure what the point of being up a quote from many years ago about when Tesla over automated the production lines. Humanoid robots will become the future of manufacturing in the future, whether that’s in the next couple of years or 10 years from now, it s certainty
I edited my post for clarity. What I meant was they tried automation in non humanoid format which didn't always work. Now they are trying humanoid format.

Reactions: CarlS and UncaNed
It's a fun read but also a revealing one.
It speaks volume about the kind of brief but interested interactions Elon has all the time with his circle.
Calacanis and Lonsdale don't come out good IMHO.
It also shows that we never know the whole story. This should be a reminder to those who like to have an authoritative opinion about that which they have limited knowledge that they should actually be quiet and wait patiently like the rest of us for all facts to be revealed.

Last edited: