Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla facing further battery cell production delays - electrive.com sounds like that Reuters article that we thought was bunk, what about those 'local sources' ?

From that story

Since the e-truck Tesla Semi, for example, which recently went into production, also relies on these battery cells, such a delay would be of significant impact. Until now, Tesla has been producing its 4680 cells for the Semi and the Model Y from Giga Texas, at the Tera pilot plant in Fremont

Didn't Elon explicitly say Semi was NOT using 4680 on the call last week?

hope you don't mind a little weekend off topic. This is a Lucid Showroom in Plano, TX.

I'm not sure why they are using prison bars as a divider.

If you zoom in you can see some specs and such if you care for that.

k6uonnh0ikv91.jpg

from

Question for the chartists...

After seeing the 62% YoY "Storage Deployed" growth on the Energy side of Tesla in the Q3 Report, compounded with Elon's expectation for Energy to be bigger than Auto, will this result in the existing exponential growth curve becoming more exponential?

If it goes past straight up will it curve back around onto itself?

Would that be like "crossing the streams"?

don__t_cross_the_streams___sign_by_dejitarudavis-d3gvu44.jpg

Asking for a friend.

From that story

Didn't Elon explicitly say Semi was NOT using 4680 on the call last week?
Tesla can not produce 50,000 semis a year in 2024 without ramping 4680. They need those cells to either go into semis or free up 2170s.
There’s no other source of 50gwh in high energy cells a year. Even if you assume a even split between 300 and 500 miles semis they still need about 38gwh

Last edited:
I don't think this has been shared yet, but Alexandra references @The Accountant

Great to read stuff like this as I find it well thought out and positively intentioned.

Undercut banks on car loans. Good idea!
(Edit: Who knows, maybe driving behavior correlates to credit score, or other data mining stuff not yet explored.)

Last edited:
hope you don't mind a little weekend off topic. This is a Lucid Showroom in Plano, TX.

I'm not sure why they are using prison bars as a divider.

If you zoom in you can see some specs and such if you care for that.

k6uonnh0ikv91.jpg

from
Our local mall, University Towne Center in La Jolla (San Diego), now has three car stores: Tesla, Lucid and Vinfast which just opened. The penultimate time we were there about a month ago, Vinfast hadn't opened, Lucid had foot traffic and one car, and the Tesla store looked a lot like your picture... empty except for some bored employees. Yesterday the Tesla store had one of everything on hand, S in pride of place, with X behind, and 3 and Y to the sides, and lots of foot traffic.

Edit: Oops, I forgot, there's also a tent in the main square with Arcimoto's FUV, been there for at least a few months.

Last edited: