Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, that's a rider report that directly supports my claim. What about it being usually a 50-100 foot walk, and sometimes 1000 feet or so (a third of a kilometer / fifth of a mile!), confused you? That's like a bus, not a taxi.
It's not "usually" a 50-100 foot walk. He specifically said such dropoff/pickup restrictions were "few and far between". I even put that part in bold. In the few cases when there is such a restriction, it's usually only a 50-100 foot walk.

My front sidewalk is a 50 foot walk. My mailbox is 100. Both are the same address and both qualify as suitable pickup points.
I'll repeat: Waymo does not go directly from source point to destination point, but only between specified points that are easier for it to drive between.
Waymo covers all roads inside their ~85 square mile geofence. In a few congested areas, e.g. malls and the city center, it uses designated dropoff zones. Otherwise it stops at the exact address given. You don't have to believe this, but please stop misleading others.

Ah, but that is stability control, and they do have experts on vehicle dynamics code that part.
Fair enough. But I was pointing out that simple driver awareness is not the whole issue.

Different example: in emergency situations many folks stomp on brakes. In some cases accelerating out of harms way is the better action. It's not just being aware there's an event occurring, there has to be some strategy/expertise in response.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and mongo
Why the heck would this video look so different than the last?
Both are videos of a screen playing back the surveillance video. I think this one is suspect in some way too... the first few seconds show a guy walking past the Tesla, and if you watch that frame-by-frame he magically teleports past the front of the Tesla. Or the actual surveillance video is somehow suspect.

So, FSD day might bring a small bump, and even though we expect a poor earnings report and it should be baked into SP for the most part, I guess another drop after the 24th.

Seems unlikely anything earth shattering will happen with the FSD event. My best hope is to convince analysts that Tesla is at parity or not so far off from Waymo.
Past Waymo. Tesla owns it like google owns search... watch.

• Love
Reactions: capster
SimilarEcstaticBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

It becomes clearer-and-clearer each day that CNBC has a very negative agenda when it comes to Tesla. They have a negative story almost every hour of every day. They just had Phil LeBeau and Charley Grant on (not sure why this guy gets so much airtime - yes, he is negative, but he does not seem like the sharpest tool in the shed) spinning the same FUD the channel has been spinning all day (and much repeated from prior days). Lutz this a.m. seemed like a dunce as always, but he got his 60 seconds to spew on Tesla. I would have to do an analysis, but I am pretty sure there is not another approx. $50 billion market cap co. that gets the constant coverage that Tesla gets. It would not be surpassing in the least to uncover that big auto/big oil were a big part of why CNBC is so negative (advertising dollars speak quite loudly). It will never happen, but if their mission is to truly protect investors, this issue is where the SEC should be spending time investigating.

Wow! CNBC leading off every hour with a Tesla story. LeBeau started off discussing today’s event, but then, of course, restates info about the Evercore downgrade and the alleged China fire. They now turn to another Tesla bear to spout FUD (sorry, I missed his name). Now bringing on Joesph Osha (JMP Securities), who according to the CNBC host, “is more positive on the stock.” However, initially all out of his mouth is negative. He finally turned a bit positive when backing up his $374 target. Then . . . Turned negative again (basically Tesla is stretched too thin, and he would like to see them raise money). Now they turn back to the bear - very negative on autonomous driving. Tesla getting this first eleven minutes of this hour - majority negative. Again, this is a $45 - 50 billion company getting more time on CNBC than any other company - seems fishy to me.