Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now they're using margin requirement as a form of FUD and manipulation?

It's a form of attempted theft, to squeeze leveraged longs and to defraud them by forcing them to sell and realize losses.

It's also price manipulation and market manipulation: forcibly squeezed longs create artificial selling pressure that they can profit from tomorrow, when a lot of LEAP options expire.

Another scam by another financial institution. E*Trade should not care about the make-up of your portfolio, this is ridiculous. I received the same call two months ago. The guy on the phone sited government regulation as the reason (a FINRA requirement). I threatened to close the account and they backed off. Mine is still at 45% today.

They are all filthy liars and manipulators. Raised the margin interest rate to 9.5%. The worst kind of people work in the financial sector!
Also have “concentrated” accounts at Fidelity. No change in margin requirements there.

Goldman Sachs the “investment bank” is basically a front running operation.
Love the way Slack is circumventing the investment banks.

Their heavily short-sold clients likely covered (bought back) their TSLA positions between 3 and 8 minutes after the opening, which is the usual slot for those in the know. Then those less aware typically follow suit one-by-one during the following hours.

This is another epic day for the SP. Tamberrino’s note is unquestionably a dog whistle to the shorts and call writers that they must pound down the SP this morning.

But the markets are up big this morning, and TSLA has been trending higher on more positive news.

If the manipulation doesn’t work and the SP goes positive today, it could be the shorts last stand. Which makes it even more imperative today that the manipulators don’t let that happen.

As could be predicted, as the stock quickly rose 5 points this morning from its low, where did the rise stop? Exactly at green. The shorts/call writers can’t let the stock go significantly green this morning. It could break their backs.

Whether they have the ammunition left to succeed today will be very telling.

The SP is totally being manipulated by call writers. Where is the SEC???

Yeah, but to play devils advocate: his success rate is 64%, so it pays off to follow his advice. ;)

Success rate defined as: “How often this Analyst’s recommendations were profitable.”
Easy to be profitable when you run both sides of the bank...and are a MM....Chinese wall my arse.

Standard White will be the new black

So, I was thinking about this. It's a *good* move to make white the standard color and make black cost the same as silver or blue.

Black and White are the two most popular paint colors.

For a long time Tesla has had standard black, and "multi coat pearl white" at a huge premium. There are probably a lot of people who wanted white but weren't willing to shell out a lot extra for it. (I know I was one!) Some would settle for other colors. Some really insist on a light color -- but Tesla offers zero light colors other than white. So, this actually will lead to a demand increase as the people waiting for a reasonably priced *light-colored* Tesla buy the car.

For people who want weird car colors, white is by far the easiest background to wrap or paint over. This is also a help to demand.

Black is somewhat more finicky and prone to showing paint defects (dust etc.) than white as well, so it may require more care in production, which would justify it costing extra.

But I'm thinking this is actually about something else. The "multi coat" paint jobs (pearl white and red) use an excess amount of time in the paint shop -- they result in lower throughput than the other paint colors. (This is according to statements from Tesla.) They may be the limiting factor on production rates.

This can be tolerated for red, which has fairly small demand (10% US, 5-7% worldwide) and for which customers are prepared to pay a premium. It cannot be tolerated for white, which is the most popular car color according to some surveys (though others say black), and is in any case around 22-24% of demand worldwide.

I expect the multi-coat pearl white to be removed from production when the new white is introduced. Then I expect the throughput rate of the paint shop to go up. Given that the paint shop has been one of the recurring production bottlenecks, if I'm correct that this increases the production rate of the factory, this is the sensible thing to do.

Honestly, I doubted they'd bother with this having so many internal issues to deal with, but recently somebody posted an article about Tesla and cited a ton of trollish comments under it. When I went and looked, there were zero comments. Then somebody mentioned Google was cleaning up troll accounts recently. There's one unfaithful troll working at the troll factory, who regularly posts on their current assignments and activities via Telegram channel. He's been pretty generic and creative to avoid capture for quite a bit of time.
You can put this through translator or have Chrome translate automatically if interested Исповедь кремлебота

Pretty petty stuff most of time - bashing opposition figures, cracking down on any dissent.
But he did mention the removal of the troll accounts their factory controls is making a dent - ex. msg from May 27:
"Unlike Facebook with their loud press releases, Youtube (Google) silently, but systematically and regularly cleans our accounts. Recently, so actively banned that there are not enough resources to replenish lost accounts."

So, it does look like what you said is probable. Fyi - this troll works in "interior" department and is not much informed on activities of his "international department" colleagues, so just knows bits and pieces.
Thanks for this. I've saved this comment because I think it's nice to have evidence that the bearish/trollish Tesla comments were actually from Russian troll accounts which were cleaned up by Google.

OK, so everytime I see "--ggr", my mind sees "grr", which is a lot like "grrrrrrr" which reminds me of The Angriest Dog in the World:
dog.jpg

Which makes you, ggr, in my mind...the Angriest Mod in the World ;)

Last edited:
Shorts are twitter are still crazy. Elon tweeted about the tax credit reducing and they are all like "ah hah! You must not be production constrained if you are still trying to get people to buy cars!"

Despite the fact that his comment was in response to the question about mass advertising and ignoring the fact that production and sales are NEVER going to be exactly matched. It's like arguing with an anti-vaxxer.

Thanks for this. I've saved this comment because I think it's nice to have evidence that the bearish/trollish Tesla comments were actually from Russian troll accounts which were cleaned up by Google.
Facebook does an awful job at this. Really pushing me to close my account altogether.

OK, so everytime I see "--ggr", my mind sees "grr", which is a lot like "grrrrrrr" which reminds me of The Angriest Dog in the World:
dog.jpg

Which makes you, ggr, in my mind...the Angriest Mod in the World
Just dates back to the early Unix days when everyone's userid was their initials, except for ken (Ken Thompson) since his name was already short enough. I was, for a time, [email protected], and mhtsa!ggr. Lots of people misread it.