Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not when Tesla puts it on their blog as a selling point for premium connectivity. It is here to stay. I frankly want Tesla to charge 12.99 or 14.99 since video streaming was never promised in the first place. I mean other car companies charge way more for LTE and all you get are POI/traffic updates..like who the F cares.

First they have to get their customers hooked on streaming. $10/month is just to get customers used to paying for it. Wait until FSD is deployed and people are binge watching Stranger Things on their way to work. Then raise the price to $25/month.

I’m 50% joking. But I could see them adding functionality I haven’t thought of for a higher level premium streaming something.

Bad drivers cause accidents every day. That is a weak medicine compared to actual China deliverie$ (not to mention all the other recent positives). Anyone who is short TSLA and is "creaming their pants" over this accident has a problem bigger than the inattentive driver who was charged with negligence.

It's about which news circulate the world. Tesla on auto pilot hitting a cop car or Tesla starts delivering Model 3s in China? CNBC was probably going to run a semi-positive article about Tesla with some shades thrown in. Now that the Gods have listened to their prayers, they now can go balls to the walls with Auto-pilot failing and then remind viewers all the past accidents and lawsuits. Oh man they can't wait to print this.

I sure hope they are expanding and not replacing.. ultra fast charging is harder on the battery and less convenient if you had planned to have a 45 minute to show hour meal at the restaurant next door. Who wants to get up and move the car after 20 minutes.

True about charging too fast for convenience.

If Tesla keeps increasing the charging speed we will end up no more convenient than ICE cars - having to stand there for 5 minutes before we can do our trip errands! :(

Last edited:
It's about which news circulate the world. Tesla on auto pilot hitting a cop car or Tesla starts delivering Model 3s in China? CNBC was probably going to run a semi-positive article about Tesla with some shades thrown in. Now that the Gods have listened to their prayers, they now can go balls to the walls with Auto-pilot failing and then remind viewers all the past accidents and lawsuits. Oh man they can't wait to print this.

True, they will print it. But this kind of trumped up "news" is losing its ability to impact markets. People are onto it. I'm sure that probably bums you out but you can only cry wolf so many times before it goes in one ear and out the other. :cool:

OT
Just when they are about to *sugar* their pants, the gods of hell provided them with this gem which made them creamed in their pants instead.

Tesla in 'Auto-Pilot' Hits Back of Police Car on I-95 in Norwalk: State Police

A Tesla that a driver said was in auto-pilot hit the back of a police car that was stopped on Interstate 95 in Norwalk early Saturday morning.
The Tesla continued to slowly drive northbound before the driver was stopped several hundred feet ahead by the second trooper at the scene, state police added.
Hummmm, hit two cars and kept going, that's a lack of driver attention right there.
The driver of the Tesla told state police that he had his vehicle on "auto-pilot" and explained he was checking on his dog in the back seat before the collision, according to troopers.

Police issued the driver a misdemeanor summons for reckless driving and reckless endangerment.

I can tell the cops my car was on autopilot too, even though it's a GM.

awesome. The media are hoping to perpetually bait him so it's the best thing he could do.
FUD next week would be them debating whether it’s illegal for Elon to block them, since his tweets is a company media channel.
The answer is no, you can see all his tweets without logging in on Twitter, all it takes is not being a j**k.

I have real difficulty in seeing AP hitting two cars. AP isn't cruise control.
Right. I mean, it didn't happen as reported. Logs will show the car was not actually on AP when it collided - either taken off AP in the preceding moments, or was never on in the first place.

It's a true non-story and will be forgotten by Monday pre-market.

FUD next week would be them debating whether it’s illegal for Elon to block them, since his tweets is a company media channel.
The answer is no, you can see all his tweets without logging in on Twitter, all it takes is not being a j**k.

I was thinking about this same thing, but I didn't think through to the ability to still view. He absolutely should be able to block the trolls, but otherwise, I could see a claim that someone may not get material information. A way to receive material information, but not comment on his tweets or tag him in your own, is the rational answer.

Right. I mean, it didn't happen as reported. Logs will show the car was not actually on AP when it collided - either taken off AP in the preceding moments, or was never on in the first place.

It's a true non-story and will be forgotten by Monday pre-market.

If I had to wager, based on almost no data, it'd be that he accidentally knocked the car out of AP when reaching back.

Same thing has caused crashes in airplane autopilot systems too.

I was thinking about this same thing, but I didn't think through to the ability to still view. He absolutely should be able to block the trolls, but otherwise, I could see a claim that someone may not get material information. A way to receive material information, but not comment on his tweets or tag him in your own, is the rational answer.

Anyone can view his tweets in Incognito mode.

Now that this case is complete, anything else expected from Tesla/Elon in the next 6 weeks? (Edit: that would impact Tesla share price)

Could announce a date for model Y production.

Could announce Q1 China guidance.

Will announce production and delivery numbers.

Can anybody think of anything else?

There is a terrible, terrible human being who seems to sustain himself solely on sour grapes who spends an inordinate amount of time looking for even the tiniest legal issues that Elon Musk and/or Tesla may have.

He posts his findings (and solicits information) via the Twitter handle: PlainSite
- and he hasn't written anything of any relevance for the past couple of weeks.
Before that he was still going on about Solar City and the fact that Martin Tripp was checked by the police because he reportedly was at risk of going postal.

So I think that regarding bad, legal news there is nothing cooking.

Btw, the above tweeter also has a very low threshold for starting harassing people that he feels crosses him, so don't do that unless you have time and mental resources to spare.

We were riding the State Ferry to get to Thanksgiving with family and the weather was nasty outside. This particular ferry is over-capacity during any holiday and reservations were already filled up by the time we planned our trip. They do allot 10% or 20% for drive-ups but it's first come-first served. So we had to get there early and we had over an hour to kill (along with a bunch of other hopeful ferry riders). The ferry is in a remote area so not much to do besides take a walk in the nasty weather. Netflix to the rescue! We continued watching in our car for the 40 minute ferry ride. This was a good thing because the ferry loader directed us into a very narrow spot (next to a full-sized pickup that had parked over the already narrow lane line) and we couldn't have exited our car if we tried.

We did catch a woman pointing out the movie screen in our car to her husband who looked a little confused/disbelief at what he was seeing. Americans love their TV's. The onslaught has begun!

Interesting!

Let me just warn that for some people, concentrating on a film on a moving ship can lead one to realize the onset of sea sickness only at an uncomfortably late stage.

I wouldn't even call that FUD - it's more like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

They are in disbelief - how could things possibly be going so well for Tesla? It must be an illusion, right?