Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LoL trying to affect the share price? You really think what any of us here buy and sell has any affect on the share price?
I am just saying "well might have a rally but look at this shitty news that will play on Monday". And suddenly I am a short seller concerned bull?

I can't do sh!t to my shares of Tesla. I have over 100k worth of gains and can't sell a penny because of Trump's tax law which I would lose a crap ton of tax incentives from my wife's small business if I sell. So yeah I would rather see a huge green day Monday but I just don't share your point of view. The echo chamber in this forum is getting ridiculous.
Can't seem to find this "news" anywhere today, nor it's effects. Seems all those echos were correct.

Not sure if this was posted, but here's a wild rumor on social media about GF3 production hitting 1000 per week.

RUMOR: GF3 already hit 1,000 MIC Model 3s per week : teslamotors
Rumor: Now Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory GF3 weekly production rate reached 1000 units of MIC Model 3 from multi of my sources.

i'm skeptical after years of reading about production rates, but here it is anyways. Assuming it's even true, it could be that they just hit it for a day.

Reactions: Nocturnal

This is the first time I have to question the veracity of Cathy's words.
She said they have analyzed the Cybertruck from many different angles, errr excuse me, but Cybertruck does not have many different angles! Although it is angular, but those planes have very few angles to meet unlike a curvature that has infinite.

At the end when the bearish news anchor tried to grill her about what market share Tesla would have in the future vs Toyota and what are their market caps, she said Toyota market cap is irrelevant. She should have added: "because they still have no EVs and the future of auto is 100% EV, so they are staring down a fast approaching Extinction Level Event -- any stock price and market cap >0 for Toyota is overpriced".

Last edited:
Just a quick NL+NO+SP update... As of late last week, this quarter has surpassed the final delivery total for each quarter in 2018 for these three countries, and this before the EoQ rush really gets into high gear.

2019 Q4 is currently sitting 68% higher than the highest prior quarter for NL+NO+SP, which was Q3 of this year. Should make for an interesting finish to the year. Q3 ended at 12,349 for these 3 countries. If Q4 were to maintain that 68% lead, it would end with 20,800 deliveries just to these 3 countries.

Usual caveats: This is just these 3 countries, deliveries here could be starving deliveries in other countries, past performance is not an indicator of future results, don't count chickens, eat your Wheaties, etc.

upload_2019-12-9_8-19-17.png

Interesting thread on Q4 Pabst Street Capital Management on Twitter

End of Quarter Tesla Thoughts: My niece is still very involved with the Tesla story. I apologize for any inaccuracies in this thread - I’m not following this as closely as I used to! Here is her assessment, as briefed to me over family brunch this morning

I think i need to call into CNBC using my rotary dial phone, Bell had such a huge market share and market cap, i just couldn't see myself switching it out for a digital phone...

To be clear, Analog Andrew's point wasn't that Toyota or VW had such a huge market share, it was that the leading automaker today has to share the market with so many competitors that no one has 17% market share (and thus little Tesla shouldn't dream so big).

But it was a bad point for more than one reason. The 17% market share projection under discussion was Wood's best-case scenario (6% is their bear case). It's only natural that the winners and losers will change when you have the kind of disruption EV's are bringing to global vehicle manufacturers. Probably the most comparable time was when the motive force switched from horses/mules to gasoline engines. You can bet the number one carriage maker did not retain their market share. Ford had 60% market share with its Model T and horse-drawn carriages essentially stopped selling (carriage makers were installing engines or going out of business). 60% market share! It was only after decades of growing the ICE vehicle market that Ford's market share dropped to more "normal" levels.

So, no, 17% market share is not silly as Andrew was trying to imply. And 6% market share would still be tremendous growth and justify the price today.

Charles Schwab is acquiring TDAmeritrade. Is anyone else using TDA planning on moving their portfolio elsewhere for reasons you described above? If so, where to?
Well after having unsatisfactory experiences with accounts at etrade, scottrade, (td)ameritrade, and vanguard (never tried Schwab), I have to say I’ve been very pleased with Fidelity’s policies, web site, and overall experience for the last 4 years or so.

Can't seem to find this "news" anywhere today, nor it's effects. Seems all those echos were correct.
I saw it posted on CNBC pre market and 19 hrs ago on market watch.

We will have to see how the day will turn out but I have said multiple times I am not expecting a rally but a flatish day due to bad news countering the good. So far Tesla is performing just okay compared to something like SHOP this am for me. A green day is always welcome.

But you see..I am desperately trying to cause FUD because I'm a secret Tesla Short per Stealthp3d.

Screenshot_20191209-103902.jpg

Screenshot_20191209-102938.jpg

I was so ready to file a violation complaint (and perhaps I should) but I can't help but laugh at my post they quoted. After all, the one they chose to quote as my call out to the shorts -- and they did!

Sad to say, their influence is woefully insufficient :( They need to knock it down by another $40 for me to finally achieve 100% $TSLA nirvana.

oops, now its $42. Try harder!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
The one of mine they quoted was my moderator post about not doxxing. Nevertheless I complained, pointing out that they had removed the statement in my footer.

To be clear, Analog Andrew's point wasn't that Toyota or VW had such a huge market share, it was that the leading automaker today has to share the market with so many competitors that no one has 17% market share (and thus little Tesla shouldn't dream so big).

But it was a bad point for more than one reason. The 17% market share projection under discussion was Wood's best-case scenario (6% is their bear case). It's only natural that the winners and losers will change when you have the kind of disruption EV's are bringing to global vehicle manufacturers. Probably the most comparable time was when the motive force switched from horses/mules to gasoline engines. You can bet the number one carriage maker did not retain their market share. Ford had 60% market share with its Model T and horse-drawn carriages essentially stopped selling (carriage makers were installing engines or going out of business). 60% market share! It was only after decades of growing the ICE vehicle market that Ford's market share dropped to more "normal" levels.

So, no, 17% market share is not silly as Andrew was trying to imply. And 6% market share would still be tremendous growth and justify the price today.

Market Leaders generally equate to anywhere between 10-50% of any market they sell good/services in. For the auto market, as it stands, this is typically ~10% for the likes of Toyota and Volkswagen. What Cathie Wood is referring to when it comes to a drop in market share is a few points IMO:

1. Tesla may not be a market leader in the future when the rest of the field catches up (or new competitors) and lose that 17% hold by a lot. BEAR
2. Tesla may continue to hold their market share in the future while the rest of the field catches up (and keep the market leader status) ~10% if metrics in the new EV market relate to the old ICE market. MID
3. Tesla may be the pre-eminent market leader in the future and it's a completely different market with EVs compared to ICE vehicles. >10% market share due to moats. BULL

• Helpful
Reactions: VValleyEV and bpjod