Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on if you think Baryshnikov dances like Elaine Benes.
Yes, I’m still trying to add something interesting to accounting. No offense, but please tell me you skydive for fun.
Haha - I don't skydive but I do ride motorcycles
upload_2019-12-31_14-38-4.png

I think there's a pretty good chance that we get numbers the afternoon/evening of Jan 1st and a even higher chance we get numbers the morning of Jan 2nd before the market opens. Given how calm the end of quarter deliveries have been, I don't think there's that much that Tesla expects to deliver today except for in Cali where NYE deliveries are happening. Even then, those should be pretty quick to count. If the number is a good one and one that Tesla wants to get ouy there, I think they'll announce the numbers as soon as possible and say the final count may be like 500-1000 cars higher.

To clarify this comment "I don't think there's that much that Tesla expects to deliver today". I should say I don't think there's a much of the "hope to deliver" thought process or unachievable delivery goals they have had in the past. Seems like it's very orderly and that Tesla has clear and achievable goals for today's deliveries which will make it very easy and quick for Tesla to count today's deliveries. I do think Tesla will deliver a lot of cars across the world today.

Last edited:
Not to sound pessimistic, I think we’ll meet expectations and deliver around 105-106k, nothing to be wowed about. The stock will dip a bit in the short term to test $400 and will rise from there when we get closer to earnings.
Based on unprecedented international deliveries and findings of other modelers, my prediction is 116k. I don’t believe this number, but that’s what my figuring comes to anyways. If true, that yields 372k

I think it’s highly unlikely that it’s lower than 363k for three highly qualitative reasons:

1: Tesla did not make a crazy rush of deliveries in China although they probably could have done 2,000 on 12/31 if they HAD to. They delivered 15 on 12/30 and “more employee deliveries on 12/30 with customer deliveries beginning in January “

2: Tesla did not offer any deals to clear inventory or push sales like we have seen in the past as EOQ approached.

3: Elon Musk has appeared to be relaxed and happy for weeks. Exuding quiet confidence.

Anyone else willing to go on the record with their prediction?