Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under-promise, under-sell, over-deliver. Works Every. Single. Time.

Larry Ellison taught this to Elon I think. If so then that was a super contribution by Larry! :D

Any professional sales person knows this, not sure you need Ellison to tell you that. What will he teach him next that customer service is important? Anyone that knows Larry personally knows his idea of that is inflated, He once called me from a flight once to complain about the meal. perhaps we can put him in the call center, sorry email center now:). Common sense and basic business practices have been around a long time.

There were some pretty 'boneheaded' questions from the analysts and Elon was definitely getting irritated. But he held back and didn't lash out. And Zack was absolutely helpful in that regard. Good to have him on the calls.
If by not lashing out you mean he only told them twice to read online forums to get up to speed, then sure.

After shorts, institutional analysts are on the short list of Elon's contempt list.

What do you call a genius that is getting smarter?
EB110D5F-955A-4343-AC2D-BDCDB75DFFAD.jpeg

Elon talking about Plaid power train: "It's alien technology" and "hoping to get it out by the end of the year"
guess I have more time to save my pennies :(

You may not have as much time as you think. Just like Model Y, I think they'll sandbag plaid delivery dates so as to not osborne existing sales.

Elon: Cybertruck. More demand than we can make in 3-4 years. Will be working on battery production capacity increases.

Semi production has been held back due to battery shortage. Battery day is still coming - after end of Q1. April maybe. Will go through battery challenges. How to get from here to couple of thousand gigawatt hour per year.

Sounds like Tesla is still battery constrained.

ARK invest pointed out that most people like to drive in cars by themselves, so a high capacity people mover maybe wont happen for a while. Would have to scale battery to crazy levels for that.

When I heard that, I instantly thought something like 60k max cybertruck per year :( Damn battery constraints...

tesla semi has an even bigger problem in that regard obviously. The world is going to need so many more batteries it’s crazy.

Go to neutral and breath deeply.

Wade back in slowly and look for opportunities.

Anyone who ever sold any TSLA ever is crying that they did not buy more instead. It is OK.

Most Important is that this continues to build and explode into a new future.

I'll sleep on it, but I most likely will abandon my short straddle strategy and take the 150k~ loss.

God I wish I wasn't allergic to alcohol and can just drink this off.

Looking back at Elon's payout deal, he is aiming for 650b valuation by 2028. At this point, there's no point doubting whether or not he can hit that target. It will be hit. That'll put the stock price at around $3000 I think. I need to think about the best way to profit off of that. Maybe go back to far OTM LEAP calls again.

Ok smart people, so what happens tomorrow? Do we get more squeezing?

LOL, just now?? Both those ladies from ARK make me swoon hahaha. Don't tell my wife.

In all seriousness though, ARK has been very influential in my becoming a super bull, along with this forum.
I don't watch CNBC much so I don't think I've seen Tasha before. Pretty + Smart = swoon. ;)

What was weird to me is the analyst pushed again specifically on the ultracap technology and Elon said that is actually part of the puzzle. I'm confused on that piece, didn't seem like that sort of ultra high energy density made sense anywhere in the automotive space. Will have to think on this more.

I'm 99% sure Elon was talking in general about Maxwell technology. He didn't want to get into an ultracap versus dry electrode distinction. Anyone who saw this podcast knows ultracaps aren't part of the equation.