Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is close or already there in terms of reaching the first 100b milestone for his stock payout, (I am guessing around 1.69m stocks). I wonder if this will affect the gap earning negatively. Anyway, happy for him to get this.
No, was discussed that stonk based compensation is on hold until we're back to production/past covid. Also yesterday it was mentioned that this hold has a positive effect on GAAP earnings.

I think companies haven’t partnered with Tesla to date because Tesla was at first too risky a venture, then the reason became that Tesla asks too much of them - perhaps investment money or time or asks them to give up too much - perhaps a certain level of control.
Not sure it's that. I recall Elon saying that the other companies wanted to change too much so it was hard [and expensive] to do.

I sold a June $1250 call, guaranteeing a steep rise.

tenor.gif

Um, are you just being argumentative, @Krugerrand ? You say "except" but don't contradict anything I wrote, starting with my limited "such as" list. All of the ones you mention they got 3rd-parties to manufacture better, cheaper, or faster than they could themselves. Which proves the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for one-upping me, though...

I pointed out that your list wasn’t actually entirely accurate then added some other examples that Tesla does do on their own and innovates where other OEMs don’t like seats and castings.

Then I clearly stated I didn’t disagree with your premise but expanded on why I also didn’t fully agree with you.

Same side of the fence just social distancing a bit because I don’t see Tesla innovations as black and white - commodity vs not commodity.

Since my style of interacting with you upsets you, I won’t do it again.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Funny post but I think you have some misconceptions about MSFT.

5-year returns:

AAPL: 113.06%
TSLA: 243.06%
MSFT: 263.40%
  1. I like MSFT
  2. I own MSFT
  3. MSFT was the second best company on the list. You can't buy old AAPL or old GOOG.
My use of the word average was perhaps misguided. But really, these companies should be way better, MSFT included. Skype is exhibit A.

Shelter in place is definitely extended through May (May 3 was original expiration). What we don’t know is whether Tesla will be allowed to reopen.

Sounds like the details are coming later this week:

Full details are expected to be released later this week, the health officers said, and "will include limited easing of specific restrictions for a small number of lower-risk activities."

From: Coronavirus: 6 Bay Area counties extend shelter-in-place orders through end of May

Wtf is going on. So cnbc said they extended shelter in place through end of May, then the provided link said through May 3rd. Can they get their story straight?
Shelter in place is definitely extended through May (May 3 was original expiration). What we don’t know is whether Tesla will be allowed to reopen.

Das macht nichts. The precise date for fully reopening the factory should not be much of a factor in the long term valuation of the company and its share price.

Or, whether Elon will fight it. According to him/his legal team, the State order allows Tesla to operate, but the local County order does not. So, does Elon take the County court claiming that the State order supersedes?