Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. That article does not make it look good. There is no timetable at all. It makes it sound like he is willing to wait forever.

I wonder how long Wall Street will give Tesla a pass for not building cars?
7 days average is coming down
upload_2020-4-28_17-22-33.png

New cases in Bay area is slowing dramatically
upload_2020-4-28_17-23-44.png

Wow. That article does not make it look good. There is no timetable at all. It makes it sound like he is willing to wait forever.

I wonder how long Wall Street will give Tesla a pass for not building cars?

Newsom said 'weeks away' for his projected start of Phase 2. I take that to mean mid-May. Unfortunately Alameda is pushing it out until June and he said he will respect localization differences. Some counties may wish to begin Phase 2 sooner and others later than his recommendation.

He said Bay area counties are being more stringent than him so that's why I presume he means about mid May for his projected start of Phase 2.

On the bright side, early June looks to be the worst case scenario for Fremont to reopen.

If Gigafactory Nevada is still going reopen May 4 I wonder if it can be useful to operate in May or if it will be mostly idle to coincide with Fremont. Could Nevada battery cells be deployed for increased storage in the meantime?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: hobbes and BBone
There has been no public announcement either way.

We may find out in earnings...

In the meantime here is something to ponder: -Thread by @jpr007: @GasOff2 @Sofiaan @thirdrowtesla @HyperChangeTV @GerberKawasaki @SamTalksTesla You asked fair questions so let me provide fair answers 1. TS…

in other words, the market is currently valuing TSLA at a Revenue Multiple of 1.0x on the Sales volume that it can reasonably expected to achieve just four years from now

Has Elon officially announced that Fremont is not opening on May 4th? Why does everyone assume that Tesla is going to follow the counties recommendation and stay closed for weeks?
Probably still in negotiation, if county doesn't budge on full restarting on May 4th, Tesla will probably push for 50% capacity to start with.

Tomorrow is going to be absolutely wild. I can easily see a 20% swing in TSLA tomorrow after earnings one way or the other depending on what is said during the earnings call. If Elon says "Oh by the way we're still going to sell the same number of cars this year we said we would" then there is no limit, we won't be going to Mars, we'll be going to Infinity and Beyond. But if Elon instead says "Oh we don't know when Fremont is opening and we think we might sell half the number of cars this year we said we would" then I think we might retest $180 before all is said and done.

I'm a degenerate gambler or something at this point, it's the only reason I think I'm going to hold these calls. They're down 20% already today anyways (after being up 40% yesterday) so I'm just going to let them ride.

I think Amazon will back of buy Rivian

Look I'v had a few beers....and even putting on my super secret decoder ring I am struggling with this one.

You just haven't had enough beers. After 6 IPA's it's easy to understrand.

BTW, I didn't know Amazon had baby backk ribs! SOunds liscious!

Tomorrow is going to be absolutely wild. I can easily see a 20% swing in TSLA tomorrow after earnings one way or the other depending on what is said during the earnings call. If Elon says "Oh by the way we're still going to sell the same number of cars this year we said we would" then there is no limit, we won't be going to Mars, we'll be going to Infinity and Beyond. But if Elon instead says "Oh we don't know when Fremont is opening and we think we might sell half the number of cars this year we said we would" then I think we might retest $180 before all is said and done.

I'm a degenerate gambler or something at this point, it's the only reason I think I'm going to hold these calls. They're down 20% already today anyways (after being up 40% yesterday) so I'm just going to let them ride.

$180 to infinity and beyond....I dub thee "TMC Adam Jonas."

Here's how Tesla and SpaceX worked with and paid each other in the past year

Nothing particularly crazy, but it is an interesting article. I'd love to see what type of vehicle SpaceX is building out of Tesla parts. They should sell it and take advantage of the EV tax credit. ;)

It is called Starship and they are going to fly it to Mars. Each of the last several prototypes have had two 100kWh battery packs welded to the top bullkhead. Several have also had what appear to be Model S motors mounted on the side.
Image credit: bocachicagal, NASASpaceflight.com
index.php