Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the caveat that if you have to go to work, or anywhere else, when the power is out your house loses all power.

Yup- V2G could be useful- in the sense of large #s of cars where at least some % in any given area are parked/plugged into the grid at any given time- for buffering high demand and various other purposes like helping with time shifting in some cases...

But it's not a true powerwall replacement unless you plan to leave it parked at home 24/7/365.

In which case it's a very expensive powerwall replacement.

James May posted this 3days ago and it already got 600k views.
Closing remark:
“That is the 6 things I don’t like about my Tesla Model S 100d long range, there are also 2837 things I LOVE.”

I don’t remember having to double click the key to ‘start’ the car...? I would normally sit in my 2016 S, shift into D and drive... Bad memory?

• Funny
Reactions: imherkimer
I'm angry about my Schwab Experience showing me that my AAPL and TSLA have multiplied by 4 and 5 respectively, and their share price has divided by the same proportions. I demand the enhanced experience other brokers are offering where my portfolio is suddenly worth multiples of what it was yesterday (Fidelity, Vanguard, TD Ameritrade) or is now worth negative numbers (Robinhood)! Stupid Schwab, if I wanted accurate numbers in my portfolio, I would have asked for them! Stop ruining my experience!

Also Apple deleted your Fortnite Experience a few weeks ago. Tim Apple had to show Tim Sweeney who's the boss of their platform.
My Schwab account says my net worth tripled. Living the dream.

As some (myself included) have gotten a laugh out of seeing their brokerage account balances blown through the roof, at least temporarily, there’s something you can do to change that laughter into almost tears.

Figure out how much you paid for your shares, now imagine if you had sunk all of that into the TSLA IPO, and never sold a share. Sobering thought, huh? :(

Oh, and I captured my Fidelity screenshots today. Someday I hope to see those figures again. :)

He is not. But you could invest just 10% of your portfolio directly in TSLA to match the YTD performance of ARKW.

That's what happens when you sell off your winners.
Sure. And In that scenario, if TSLA had tanked a year ago, the majority of your investments would be intact, whether you had put them in ARKW or not. The question then Is would the remainder of ARKW subsequently have performed better than the remainder your personal picks?

To me, the real question is what should ARK do when one of the fund components goes totally ballistic like TSLA? Their strategy seems to be limit to 10% and use the profit-taking as an engine to reinvest into the process of finding the next winner. (If they keep accumulating a single stock that dwarfs the other fund components, they stop serving a useful purpose - anybody can do that). The ultimate endpoint would be a diversified portfolio (at least 10 companies) full of winners - relatively resilient to an unexpected failure of a couple of them.

That may or may not make sense based on your conviction of the expected growth rate of TSLA. Certainly over the last year, nothing matched the performance of TSLA alone. If you believe that will continue through your investing horizon, no need to mess with diversification.

Which is what I think Lodger said :)

Reactions: Lessmog
I guess if one were single, they could make use of this temporary accounting by trying to pick up someone at a bar this weekend. "Oh what's this, I accidentally opened up my etrade app?"
On second thought.....Maybe Monday is better. RBC is no fun!
pass.JPG

Shares still unchanged

• Funny
Reactions: FrankSG