Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SpudLime
wasn't it fun swiping your credit card twice when you hit the $75 limit during fillups a few years back
:):):rolleyes::rolleyes::):)

OH man that brings back frustrating memories. I went so far as to research why the pumps did that. The employees at the gas station never knew an answer. I called my CC company and they said there is no limit. I got ahold of the company that services a lot of pumps CC authorizations and its THAT company that had the limit.

I ended up filling up with a 1/4 tank left to avoid that BS.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mobius484
Wow.

So, now we have:
1. Investor day 22nd: positive
2. Q1 ER 24th: negative
3. SEC 25th: positive

Question is - what will be SP on 26th?

Answer: it depends on 1, 2, and 3.

INVESTOR EVENT
1 is a big question. There hasn’t been much of a runup into it. If good stuff is shown, we’ll see positive pressure on the stock—not just a temporary pop. If it’s disappointing, maybe slight negative, but I don’t see the stock dropping significantly if the investor day doesn’t impress.

Here’s the TPI (Todd Probability Index) for the investor event:
Big drop: 5% - Elon, is this a joke?
Small drop: 20% - ok, summon is neat but I’ve seen that already
Small rise: 60% - stoplights and intersections, but lots of intervention
Large rise: 15% - FSD demo with relatively small number of interventions—or solid demo showing path to this in the short term.

Q1 ER
Frankly I think a lot of the negative of 2 is baked in. It’s why we’re down here in the $270s in the first place. Given virtually everyone is expecting bad numbers already, we might see a slight downward influence (rest is baked in)—but if the ER has some good info in it, we might actually see the price go back UP, because Q1 is in the past now.

TPI for Q1 ER:
Big drop: 5% (wow, it’s worse than even we thought and there’s no good news on the horizon)
Small drop: 40% (yep, it was bad but there’s hope for Q2)
Small rise: 40% (yeah that was bad but good news on the horizon)
Large rise: 15% (wow, better than we thought and good stuff coming!)

SEC
I don’t see much if any downside risk to this. They will likely complete their agreement and we’ll go back to business as usual, hopefully with Elon being more careful about his tweets. Judge already seemed to be siding with Musk if they can’t agree, but I think they’ll hash out their agreement.

TPI for SEC Closure
Large drop: 2%: unexpected Elon smackdown!
Small drop: 5%
Small rise: 53%
Large rise: 40%

All things considered, I’m expecting the stock to be higher at the conclusion of all of these events.

(Disclaimer: I just made up the TPI a few short minutes ago. I am also not 100% at predicting the future yet, but I’m working in it.)

Question for LEAP option experts.... I bought a lot of LEAPS last December with Jan 2020 exp., 250SP. They are currently down 57%. If the stock quickly recovers to 350, I'll be ok. But if it doesn't, when is the best time to roll them to 2021 before time decay starts to really get me? Also do "wash sales" rules apply to rolling options?

If I were you, If stock recover somewhat then sell a call against your holding at higher strike then your holdings up course this will limit your profit if stock goes way up.

Answer: it depends on 1, 2, and 3.

INVESTOR EVENT
1 is a big question. There hasn’t been much of a runup into it. If good stuff is shown, we’ll see positive pressure on the stock—not just a temporary pop. If it’s disappointing, maybe slight negative, but I don’t see the stock dropping significantly if the investor day doesn’t impress.

Here’s the TPI (Todd Probability Index) for the investor event:
Big drop: 5% - Elon, is this a joke?
Small drop: 20% - ok, summon is neat but I’ve seen that already
Small rise: 60% - stoplights and intersections, but lots of intervention
Large rise: 15% - FSD demo with relatively small number of interventions—or solid demo showing path to this in the short term.

An upgraded NN with ver 3.0 brings about full frame + increased frame rate.

What this potentially translate to in vision is then you can do sub pixel accuracy measurements. So a car far away that ap usually don't detect can now be accounted for.

The most important part is the increase in frame rate. We will see a more confident ap who will have a smoother transition between breaking and accelerating. Every transition will be smoother.

The disengagement event should still be as usual as that depends on the NN evolutions and this takes time.

Depending on how much compute powers were freed up, AP might have free cycles to do more stuff now. Lije read the traffic light. Track stopped cars persistenly as they transition between edges of the cameras

View attachment 398046
And in regards to cloth seats/no glass roof I meant $35k Model 3. Just cuz he says 2170 cells won’t be put into the new S/X doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

There was another Model Y design at that time. He got talked out of it for the current version that has a lot more in common with the 3. And aren’t we all glad? You should be praising that change of direction.

When it became clear it was cheaper to make all 3s with a glass roof, that’s what they decided to do.

You know, it’s perfectly okay to make a plan and then change the plan when a better idea presents itself. That’s what happened in both those cases and they were smart choices to make. It would be stupid to sabotage the company so that anthonyj wouldn’t have something inconsequential to criticize.

And what if they're all taken when he is there?

And let me try this discussion.

ME: Sir, you should consider a Tesla.
Arby's owner: Look at this 300 mile route I do once a week. Where will I charge? I don't want to increase the overall trip time.
ME: You can install destination chargers at your stores.
Arby's Owner: How much will they cost?
ME: I think Tesla has a program where they will give you the equipment. You just have to pay to install it and pay the electric bill. Installation will probably be around a $1000 depending on your particular situation.
Arby's owner: Will I need a permit?
ME: Most Likely.
Arby's Owner: And why would I do all this when I can already make the drive in my car easily? Why can't Tesla just make a car that gets 400 miles of range and then I can save my $1000 plus the headache of installing it.
ME: Think about the environment also please.
Arby's Owner: No Thank you. I'll just stick with my car and do nothing, and spend nothing.

You’re not a very persuasive person. Hint: Start by letting him drive your car.

So now he has to spend $6k!

And I wonder how you or I would feel if we were on a trip and came to patronize this man's restaurant, mainly because he has a Tesla charger, and it was coned off? And to boot, I don't think Tesla is giving out chargers so business owners can block them off for their personal use.

I walk in.
I ask for manager.
I ask if the charger is available for use (not that I could ever see a reason to need to plug into a destination charger at a ‘fast food’ joint - by its very nature I’m in and out ‘fast’ even if I decide to sit inside and eat.)

I’m much more likely to go in, order my food for take out, go pee, and then drive down the street with my bag of Arby’s and eat it in the car while I supercharge. Yes, I am. That’s real world, right there.

My response to the question is determined by the answer to the question. But I assure you, if I need a 10min destination charge that bad at his Arby’s, I’ll have the right words and facial expression to acquire it regardless of any coneage. I have mad skills that way. ;)

Busy week coming up:
22nd: Autonomous Investor day (if dip then buy)
23rd: Deadline expires for redactions of the April 4th hearing transcript https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7946295/united-states-securities-and-exchange-commission-v-musk/ Hopefully, transcript follows shortly thereafter
24th: Q1 report
An "Agreement in Principle" often connotes extended negotiations to craft the detailed Definitive Agreement (that the judge seems to be seeking to rid her docket of future controversies about this matter).

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon