Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla has a roll cage as well. It is visible on your first picture behind the passenger seat. And on my photo through the passenger window.

And here:

View attachment 456514

i don't know what the interior of the Ring Teslas look like, but if you think the pictures you are posting are doing anything to help your point, you are gravely mistaken.

Not that any of us were expecting this to not happen, but the Model 3 has received the IIHS 2019 Top Safety Pick+ rating that all of us were expecting:

upload_2019-9-18_21-15-37.png

I think the bigest cheat is using professional race car drivers whom never seem to be available when I want to shave off 10s of seconds while driving.

Shhh, there’s a bigger cheat. Don’t tell potential buyers, but they hire the entire road so none of those pesky cars ahead block their path. Streetcars on race tracks. A bit like Usain Bolt running in a suit.

Lora Kolodny found the fossil fuel money intoxicated silver lining to be spun from this Tesla success. Second paragraph in...

"The results bolster the theory electric vehicles may be better designed to protect passengers in crashes than internal combustion vehicles. The head of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is not quite ready to reach that conclusion.

“I wouldn’t say that electric vehicles are inherently safer,” said David Zuby, Chief Research Officer for the IIHS."

and, later on,

"For Tesla, this is the first time one of its vehicles has earned a safety award from the IIHS. It’s a bit of vindication for the company after it was told by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to stop making misleading statements about the Model 3′s safety rating.

In late 2018, the Model 3 earned a five-star safety rating with NHTSA. Tesla posted a blog about the results and wrote, “NHTSA’s tests also show that it has the lowest probability of injury of all cars the safety agency has ever tested.”

However, Tesla based these claims on its own analysis, [not exactly Lora] and NHTSA never made the same assertions about the Model 3.

NHTSA sent Tesla CEO Elon Musk a cease-and-desist letter and referred the matter to the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection."

Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron get top marks in crash tests

I've been wondering about this tweet about comments from Morgan Stanley:
Michael Sheetz on Twitter

This paper has a comparison between 3 LEO constellations:
http://www.mit.edu/~portillo/files/Comparison-LEO-IAC-2018-slides.pdf
One conclusion it comes to is that the SpaceX constellation (StarLink) needs lots of ground station gateways.

Perhaps Tesla service and delivery centers can act as locations for the gateways? They have wide geographic spread and most will have good internet connectivity with fiber.

Thoughts

View attachment 456399
Percentage of selling tagged to TSLA short-sellers on Sep 18, 2019 = 55%
from www.volumebot.com

Now Mr. Papafox, please relax here at the Wall Street psychiatric clinic.
My first question is, "Just when did you develop this crazy phobia that someone out there was manipulating the "sugar" out of your stock?"
That's impossible, can't be. After all and according to Ihor's data, short interest went down ;)

Edit: to be fair, Ihor's statement is that short position is down over the last 30 days which is in line with my view that some short covering happened during the recent run-up. Now that this run-up has paused, it might be that shorts try to get the grip back. Spike in borrow fee as short demand increases.

Last edited:
I regret to say I think the permabear @Teslacharts is probably right here:
TeslaCharts on Twitter
"In Netherlands, Norway and Spain, quarter-to-date Performance is 3.9% of the mix. In Texas, the second biggest state for them, it is 13.6%. Per JL Warren, China is 50-60% SR+. I can verify Canada is 80+% SR+. This tweet is simply wrong."

I verified just Norway, Netherlands and Spain, I don't know about others. As TC says, probably this reflects participation rate differences in the survey.
We should be able to get a reasonable performance production split from the vin registrations.

Also the new geographies (UK, Oz) should be overweight performance models.

Here's to the Model 3 IIHS safety award. And go Netherlands, #1 sales! This car rocks.

Bandit is smiling at all this good news.

View attachment 456578

I see the good doggo is taking advantage of the center screen. Probably watching squirrel videos off Youtube from the new Theater mode.

The Morgan Stanley quote is:

"SpaceX is accelerating plans to deploy and commercialize satellite broadband with significant implications for capital demands, valuation… and potential strategic implications for Tesla."

Fancy version of "Elon Musk has a controlling stake in two potential trillion dollar companies." :D