Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure why people think this means deliveries in Q4, or even Q1. There's a lag time.

They moved the schedule forward six months. I.e. deliveries in Q2.

Yeah.

Again, time from reveal and time from spotting prototypes until initial production points to Q1, based on Model 3 ramp.

But that was at limited production rate. To avoid Senior Osborne, I expect cars to be held back and only unleashed when ramp is up to say 1000 per week. Q2 is a good guess.

Standing in line at the grocery store this morning, I hear one bag guy at the next checkout line talk to the cashier and bag guy in my checkout line:

BAG1: Hey dude did you hear Tesla finally came out with its pickup truck
BAG2: Oh really? No hadn't heard that
BAG1: Yeah dude. Not much to look at.

When it was finally my turn to pay the cashier, I got to talking to BAG1 and BAG2 and CASHIER.

Me: Hey did I hear you talking about the Tesla truck?
BAG1: Yeah that was me dude
Me: I just ordered one
[every single person, including little old ladies, stops to hear this conversation, everybody smiling]
BAG1: No way dude
Me: Way.
BAG1: But they're so ugly
Me: But the specs are awesome
BAG1: I will grant you that dude but whoa
Me: 2.9 seconds zero to sixty
BAG1: That's insane dude. I'm gonna stick to my diesels.
[little old lady grinning like "Imma gonna get one too"]

Cybertruck. Don't leave home without it.®

EDIT: Forgot the thing he said about his diesels! Added that in bold above. It was like an opening volley where the only response was for me to say "Fine, you go destroy the planet for all these fine people" as I wave my hand around the store while everyone is watching this conversaion. But, I didn't take the bait and just rolled my cart out of the store, and loaded my Model S outside with all my groceries :)

Last edited:
Don't thing GF3 is stalling due to parts issues ....
I'm not saying GF3 is stalling. It's not speeding up production even faster based on the bogus interpretations of the supplier rumors that came out a few months ago about GF3. A bunch of people expected more out of 2019 GF3 production in Q4 based on these kinds of rumors.

It takes what it takes to get these production lines up and running. We should be careful in getting caught up in Gali-level feeding frenzy about rumors.

I personally would be happy with high volume 1k a week production/delivery for Model Y in early Q3. Maybe a slow ramp up of production before that spread out over Q1 and Q2. Maybe test production runs in late Q1 and a real ramp in Q2.

I know this is posted as funny, but was talking to friends recently about electric bikes and... it occurred to me that the era of electric cars and bikes really does mean a psychological change from where vehicles are kept. We keep vehicles in a garage, and not say...an open-plan kitchen/garage because they are smelly, full of oil and fuel, and emit dangerous fumes., But not any more.

Frankly, being able to park an electric car directly in the kitchen and load the shopping direct from the trunk into the cupboards would be kinda awesome.

Nobody thinks you need to keep an electric hairdryer in a special part of the house away from where we live, why is a vehicle any different? Make use of all that extra room in the kitchen/garage while the car is out 'at work' :D

In looking at the Tesla page today I noticed they claim an order placed today for a Model 3, S, or X will be delivered before 31 Dec. 6 weeks ago Tesla was saying a new Model 3 order would take 6-10 weeks to deliver so this isn't inconsistent with that... but it doesn't suggest they are sitting on a significant backlog of orders but were instead probably directing a big chunk of their production overseas.

Found a few grains of dry powder under the sofa cushions, bought 5 shares at 330

My cost basis is still in the 250s, and my gut tells me the current dip is opposite long term value, which just got even more bullish with CBRTRCK and accelerated Y and GF1 battery ramp up and anemic Mach E manufacturing plans (don’t get me wrong, I am delighted to see Ford in the game), and GF4 and new battery plans promised to be released Q1-Q2 and and and ...

I am still a tiny investor at 60 shares but happy to be part of all this, and love all the information and humor on this forum.

And the CT will fit in my garage, which got oversized only because, when fiddling with our new modest home design, my wife wanted the front of the garage to be even with the rest of the house. So we pulled it out 4 feet to do that, and split the extra length up between the garage and the master bedroom closet. I love these little lucky accidents.

True. My wife just reserved a Tri-motor for pulling her horse trailer. She said the "wimpy" range of 300+ miles of my dual motor isn't going to cut it when she has her horse in tow. I told her we don't need two Cybertrucks and she said then get the tri-motor. I told her I didn't want to wait that long and she said that proves we need two!

Sometimes she makes more sense than me! ;)

Mine is still demanding "confirmation of final veto rights" in email form. Maybe she'll age well? o_O

Hoho, I bet with money that the S and X will be different in 2 years. Just bought a little TSLA
I would say 3 years.

The 250mi and 300mi CT could easily run on today's batteries. Due to bigger size, you could prob put 120kWh+ battery in them.

The 500mi truck does look like magic, but that comes a year later.

So, that is what the battery day will be. 3 year plan.

• Informative
Reactions: capster