Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He really likes the Qoolaid and I say drink up!
Mark isn’t a fund manager. He’s a financial influencer with a mission to slow down or distort Tesla’s ability to be successful. His fund is almost certainly an avatar to fool mainstream folks. His investors or limited partners are likely folks who want to see Tesla fail because of their own special interests. Easier to invest in a “fund” with a “manager” with an agenda vs having to hire a lobbyist. Would love to see a list of his investors. Once you start seeing things from this perspective- it makes it easier to understand his actions.

Next you know they're going to hire the Eagles to sing "Taycan... to the limit... one more time..."

Or other songs ;)

----
We're driving away
I don't know what I'm to say
I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Except, I pray
The next exit has a charger, okay?

Taycan me (Taycan me!)
Slow way down (Taycan me!)
Charge runs out
In a mile or... two!!!

So needless to say
The gauge's on empty, but I'll be
Limping away
Even if I must push it's okay
Say after me
If you don't top up you'll be sorry

Taycan me (Taycan me!)
Charge runs out
In a mile or... two!!!

Oh, things that you say
Pointing out that my battery's
Draining away?
My portable charger, I hope I've remembered
Not packed away?!
I'll be forced to call Triple A!

Taycan me (Taycan me!)
Charge runs out
In a mile or... two!!!
----

Wouldn't have anything to do with the ~9k shares (half of volume at that point) sold off?
View attachment 487396

Chicken & Egg...?

Small data point, a friend has a Model 3 test-drive lined-up on Saturday. Tesla called and asked to re-arrange as they are crazy-busy with "too many deliveries".

She needs to order to get a car for February, so she insisted to keep it and they agreed.

Chicken & Egg...?

Small data point, a friend has a Model 3 test-drive lined-up on Saturday. Tesla called and asked to re-arrange as they are crazy-busy with "too many deliveries".

She needs to order to get a car for February, so she insisted to keep it and they agreed.

You need to test drive a Tesla before they let you buy one? I was just planning on going into Tesla and,

ao9nYdX_700b.jpg

IBD is based on the principals of founder William O'Neil of which a basic tenet is to buy on strength rather than on weakness. This thinking is in the line of Jesse Livermore and is what people consider 'trend trading' or 'momentum' trading.

Exactly what I thought :)
Still remember TT007 saying the same ... and now I follow what TT meant :)

Screenshot. Almost everybody on this forum are blocked. Or better don't even bother posting, as nobody cares what he is saying.

Agree it doesn't much matter, more of a curiosity.

At some point I think he will go quietly into the sunset. I doubt he will ever admit defeat or how much he as lost his clients.

upload_2019-12-12_9-34-0.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-12_9-34-0.png
    upload_2019-12-12_9-34-0.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 61
Ok, anyone interest in the electric truck survey really ought to ready the original report from Autolist.
Poll: Consumers prefer EV trucks from GM, Ford over Rivian, Tesla Cybertruck, but not by much
There is much more helpful information in it that clarifies the different ways consumers are approaching these options.

First age is a really good surrogate for willingness to buy any electric vehicles.

Popularity by age group
Autolist’s survey found that the popularity of Tesla’s Cybertruck was closely linked to the age of the respondent: the younger the consumer, the more likely they are to choose the Tesla.

It was the most popular choice by a wide margin among respondents 18 to 28 years old, with Ford’s F-150 Electric ranking second with this age group, Rivian’s R1T coming in third, and GM’s EV truck in fourth.

The Rivian was the most popular with shoppers 29-35, followed by the GM, the Ford, and the Tesla. Those results repeated themselves for shoppers 46-55 years old.

For all other age groups, it was the GM electric that was on top, followed by the Ford, with the Tesla Cybertruck on the bottom.
So right here is the problem for GM and Ford: their strongest support is from truck buyer in or nearing retirement. While they may have the money for expensive trucks, they aren't going to be easy conquests to any electric vehicle. Ford and GM will certainly have little incentive to get seniors out of profitable ICE vehicles and into electrics.

By contrast Tesla gets strongest support among young adults. Openness to new technology amd new aesthetics is greatest in this age group. The only hold back is the affluence to afford higher end vehicles. But I think Tesla is optimizing value and price here. So Tesla is well positioned to pick up a lot of younger buyers.

Middle age consumers seem most impressed with the exterior stylings of the Rivian. This is a good start, but will it be enough to draw buyers away from ICE trucks and into the electric market? If styling was a prime consideration, Ford and GM can easily match the styling. It may well be that the LL Bean aesthetic is the right note for many EV pickup buyers, but it is too easily copied. By contrast, Ford and GM will have a much more challenging problem matching the value, performance and price of the Cybertruck. (When is someone going to design a skin for the Cybertruck that looks like a Rivian?)

Finally, it is really helpful to compare the top reasons why a certain truck is preferred.

Cybertruck:
  1. Expected performance (50 percent)
  2. Expected efficiency (tie -- 33 percent)
  3. Tesla’s AutoPilot (tie -- 33 percent)
  4. Tesla’s Supercharging network (29 percent)
  5. Expected practicality and features (26 percent)

GM undisclosed EV truck
  1. Prefer/trust GM brands more than others (62 percent)
  2. Expected reliability (41 percent)
  3. Expected performance (37 percent)
  4. I currently own or have owned a GM pickup (27 percent)
  5. Expected vehicle size (27 percent)
I want to contrast Tesla and GM respondents. Clearly GM will be banking on its brand and loyalty to that brand. This works for retention, but nothing stands out as a basis for conquest. Tesla OTOH is all about the performance and value that is the Cybertruck delivers. Notice that efficiency and Supercharging rank highly. This suggests that those preferring a Cybertruck have a keener appreciation for the practicality of EV ownership. Fuel efficiency is not likely a big value for current owners of fuel guzzling trucks, but it has a huge impact on electrics from how far you can tow stuff to how quickly you can charge. Consumers that are serious about EVs will care about charging, range and efficiency. So my impression is that Cybertruck fans are much closer to converting to an EV truck than are GM fans.

I think that Tesla will do very well in the early adoption stage of the EV truck segment. The relative advantages of incumbents will wear thin as the market transitions to early mass market, unless they are able to deliver solid value consistent with their brands. Even so Ford and GM will be fighting a battle of attrition to hang on to an aging consumer base. Tesla and Rivian will likely win over the loyalty truck owners who are most ready to switch to EVs. Often we hear concern about whether diehard truck traditionalists can be won over. I would recommend that the most resistant to change are most irrelevant to the emerging EV truck market. The focus rather should be on the easiest to convert within the next 5 years.

I agree. I am STUNNED that the Cybertruck pulled 20%. I would have guessed 5%, maybe, prior to the reveal. And then at the very moment of the reveal .. uh ... 1... percent? Of course like many people I had a change of heart.

The point is, 20% is already a major part of the market. Right up there with the big boys. We’re talking 300-500 thousand truck annual demand level for an electric triangle that virtually nobody has seen in person!

What an absurd headline!

What was most absurd to me was the caveat of similar specs between all EV trucks. Talk about stacking your survey in a manner to get the outcome you wanted — and yet. — LMAO

Ok, anyone interest in the electric truck survey really ought to ready the original report from Autolist.
Poll: Consumers prefer EV trucks from GM, Ford over Rivian, Tesla Cybertruck, but not by much
There is much more helpful information in it that clarifies the different ways consumers are approaching these options.
As soon as I read the question I completely discounted this worthless survey. "If all specs were the same". That's idiotic. Yeah, I probably would prefer a Toyota built model 3 vs my Tesla 3 if all the specs were the same, but that's the whole point, they can't be the same. Rivian/Ford don't have a prayer of getting the same specs as the CT (including price as a spec).

I'd also prefer french fries to a healthy salad if the nutrition specs and price were the same. Guess what I'm having for lunch today to balance out for the beers I'm going to drink this weekend?