Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You better watch out! I got 2 of my posts removed after I tried to get the people that are using the acronyms to spell them out. Even though it is considered unprofessional at every level to use them outside of their profession.

Athene Holding Ltd. (ATH) Stock Price, Quote, History & News - Yahoo Finance
"Abbreviations saddle a reader with the chore of deciphering the meaning of words that could simply have been spelled out."

And to top it off I was directly called "angry" and "Self-entitled" by another Member because I tried to get people to quit using acronyms so that newbies could understand the posts.
I do believe the moderators should review their decision, and at the very least adjust the demeanor of this group so it includes ALL levels of investors.
I assume it would be too much to receive an apology for the flippant and threatening letter the Mods sent me. Stating that I was "Starting trouble" and my posts were "not helpful. When in fact my first post should have been cause for them to be introspective and ask members to stop the use of acronyms. And as far as "not helpful"...the guy that called me self-entitled and "angry"..well his post is still up.
I was quite surprised that any member could call another member "angry" and "self-entitled", and yet their post is left up, whereas when a member tries to ask members to consider others his posts are deleted.
Just let it go. Learning acronyms is part of the site.

Especially in connection with Ark Invest's outlook on Tesla, there is quite some attention to how Tesla's EV-market share will evolve in the coming years.

Since EV-market share revolves around the car makers' (in)ability to get their hands on batteries, I would like to get an idea of Tesla's current EV-market share - in terms of amount of battery capacity deployed.

According to Adamas Intelligence, the 2019 Worldwide EV-deployment of batteries was 95.6 GWh:
CHARGED EVs Magazine on Twitter

So if someone can help me estimate how much battery capacity Tesla deployed in 2019 (in their cars only), then we should get a market share number that I would find quite significant.

Thanks. Since Tesla's use of LFP (for SR packs + maybe a Chinese LeMuR?) would be motivated by them getting their hands on more of the much sought after battery ingredients, I would expect Tesla to reuse their pack+module architecture from the US produced Model 3, i.e. 2170-cells w. packing + cooling (but different wiring to make up for the different cell voltage).

The moved a machine to make packs from 2170 cells form GF Nevada to GF Shanghai.

If the LFP Prismatic packs are going in the Chinese SR, this machine is/will be used to make packs for the Chinese LR....

The only way LFP Prismatic is a rushed decision is if the GF Shanghai pack line isn't running, or they don't have many Chinese/LG 2170 cells

My personal guess the line is running, and they have enough packs for the LR, but the factory production capacity exceeds that, or soon will. And the LFP pack is "acceptable" in the SR.

Whether or not there is a shortage (ok probably there is), if enough major manufacturers can't get batteries to sell cars, they could go to the EU and ask for reduced penalties claiming it was out of their control to do anything to meet the demand.
They could, but the government could easily say "you should have planned better" or "you should have stopped selling gas guzzlers". They have multiple choices aside from building EVs.

Seriously, only use I can see with my minimal knowledge, for LFP packs, is stationary storage.

Even then it's a stretch.

If there was use for lfp batteries in vehicles, Tesla would have done it already.
There is one use for them, which is to take the place of unavailable other sorts, as Karen and others have already suggested.

Reactions: KarenRei
Especially in connection with Ark Invest's outlook on Tesla, there is quite some attention to how Tesla's EV-market share will evolve in the coming years.

Since EV-market share revolves around the car makers' (in)ability to get their hands on batteries, I would like to get an idea of Tesla's current EV-market share - in terms of amount of battery capacity deployed.

According to Adamas Intelligence, the 2019 Worldwide EV-deployment of batteries was 95.6 GWh:
CHARGED EVs Magazine on Twitter

So if someone can help me estimate how much battery capacity Tesla deployed in 2019 (in their cars only), then we should get a market share number that I would find quite significant.
@lklundin
FINAL UPDATE: Quarterly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard
~159,000 Tesla 3
~19,000 Tesla X
~14,000 Tesla S

• Informative
Reactions: HG Wells and JustMe
Monday and Tuesday are for the longs
Rest of the week is getting options right
Fun times. Nice to even talk about the stock in the 600-1000 price range. I thought this was years away back in the summer.
I can fully understand that! A couple of days ago I posted how I only bought TSLA because I figured the public would pullout of the chinese stocks a Chinese friend had invested for me because the Corona Virus was going to take a toll. And I belong to a Cybertruck forum where several of the members stated their trucks were going to be bought with the profits from their Tesla stock. So I decided to try it to. And I got in at $644/share.
it has been a very wild ride in the MONTH I have owned the stock. If you asked me a month ago, "What should the stock do to make you happy?" I'd have said, "Not lose money right after I buy it." At o e month I'd have been pretty damn happy if it was up 4%.
What you guys (the "lifers") have done? Where your emotions have been? how it feels? I know I can't even begin to relate.
For me it has really been a roller coaster. But only an up and up and up ride.

IF you are talking human brewed then I haven't a clue. However I am sure that Martians have already invented beer.

Ah, then there is a Martian civilization! After all, beer is the cornerstone of human civilizations (Why You Should Thank Beer For Civilization).

Ergo, QED, ΟΕΔ: Mars is inhabited, civilized and has beer. ;)

Also, Mars has lower gravity than Earth! So kegs are probably bigger and beer bellies easier to lug from pub to pub.

I’m in. :p

tl;dr: If Marie Antoinette had said "Let them drink beer," she’d have kept her head.

Happy Friday folks!

I can fully understand that! A couple of days ago I posted how I only bought TSLA because I figured the public would pullout of the chinese stocks a Chinese friend had invested for me because the Corona Virus was going to take a toll. And I belong to a Cybertruck forum where several of the members stated their trucks were going to be bought with the profits from their Tesla stock. So I decided to try it to. And I got in at $644/share.
it has been a very wild ride in the MONTH I have owned the stock. If you asked me a month ago, "What should the stock do to make you happy?" I'd have said, "Not lose money right after I buy it." At o e month I'd have been pretty damn happy if it was up 4%.
What you guys (the "lifers") have done? Where your emotions have been? how it feels? I know I can't even begin to relate.
For me it has really been a roller coaster. But only an up and up and up ride.

Here is what i am going through:

1. Bought small share to test the water

Stock price went up
Up..
Up..

2. Buy few more, converted all IRA to TSLA

Stock price Up..
Up..
Up..

3. Sold all other stocks and converted to TSLA in my trading account

Up..
Up..

4. Start borrowing margin to get more stocks.

Right now i am resisting temptation to get 2nd mortgage to fuel my addiction.

Edit: i know this is not healthy. Follow this at your own risks.. lol