Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still did not see GF1 and Freemont workers working with masks on. Elon should ask GF3 to secure 10M masks and send over. Are there any restrictions of importing/exporting masks?

Already reported. Employee temps being taken and masks handed out.

If people would just wait 5 minutes before being critical/criticizing (not pointing at you specifically), they’d look at least half as thoughtful as Elon/Tesla.

Not particularly encouraged by this last hour of trading considering what the macro's have been doing. I would feel a lot more confident in the move if we get back to the high of the day set in the first hour of trading by the end of the day but right now it's looking like move is gonna be capped around the 410-415 area and if the macro's pull back, we're going down with'em
Totally with you. Driven by Macro. DJ, Naz, SP500, all of them same V shape.

Where I'm at with my investments;

Sold out of all stocks in the last few weeks, including TSLA

I had done some option trades; (last week of Feb.) Bought a few VNQ puts (a REIT ETF) to hedge my remaining REIT mutual fund holding, which I sold out of Tuesday. Also bought some hotel puts, MAR (Marriot Hotels) and oil stock puts APA (Apache)

I did buy some more VNQ OTM puts (but these are purely speculative.)

Right now monitoring TSLA OTM LEAPS. (sell Puts and buy calls)

To be honest I'm not that sophisticated with options, and too lazy to keep constant monitoring, so that is why I like LEAPS

I am not buying on dips, still in a wait and see mode.

There are many strong companies out there including Tesla, who will come through this stronger than before.

If the companies I'm watching go up 100% before I buy them, I have no problem with that.

The reason I'm not buying anything yet is because the US is about 4 days behind Italy when they went into full lockdown, and being inundated at the hospitals.

The UK and Germany are also unknown's for me right now.

I'm waiting until next week.

Call me melodramatic if you like but I will say this again;

The US is about 4 days behind Italy when they went into full lockdown, and being inundated at the hospitals.

I think this weekend could be a very positive development, especially in the US. We could see a leveling off in Italy, further confirmations from China about no new local cases(it's china I know but the news headlines is what's important), and we'll start to see if the US is actually going to follow in Italy's steps(it won't). Combine that with the mega fiscal spending bill probably getting voted on Monday or Tuesday......it could set up a nice catalyst of positive news.

I'm not necessarily expecting a huge rebound......just stability and calm.

The US is about 4 days behind Italy when they went into full lockdown, and being inundated at the hospitals.
I have some cash and plenty of margin waiting, but not moving until things stabilize. I picked up what I was comfortable with buying yesterday (some tesla, amazon, google, apple, and some dividend ETFs) but until we see cases drop and/or a massive stimulus come out of congress I'm still worried.

Reactions: ABCTG
Where I'm at with my investments;

Sold out of all stocks in the last few weeks, including TSLA

I had done some option trades; (last week of Feb.) Bought a few VNQ puts (a REIT ETF) to hedge my remaining REIT mutual fund holding, which I sold out of Tuesday. Also bought some hotel puts, MAR (Marriot Hotels) and oil stock puts APA (Apache)

I did buy some more VNQ OTM puts (but these are purely speculative.)

Right now monitoring TSLA OTM LEAPS. (sell Puts and buy calls)

To be honest I'm not that sophisticated with options, and too lazy to keep constant monitoring, so that is why I like LEAPS

I am not buying on dips, still in a wait and see mode.

There are many strong companies out there including Tesla, who will come through this stronger than before.

If the companies I'm watching go up 100% before I buy them, I have no problem with that.

The reason I'm not buying anything yet is because the US is about 4 days behind Italy when they went into full lockdown, and being inundated at the hospitals.

The UK and Germany are also unknown's for me right now.

I'm waiting until next week.

Call me melodramatic if you like but I will say this again;

How many days is it behind China for that point? Did Italy and China line up? How about Iran? South Korea? But even if that somehow has relevance, one thing I am sure of is that the stock market is divorced from reality. I mean, obviously not entirely, but pretty darn close. For example, "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

Sure, I think it is a given that the US is going to get worse before it gets better. The only real questions are how much worse and for how long. But, how much of this is already priced in -- at least for $TSLA?

Am I hedging? Sure, I only used a bit of my dry powder this morning. If $TSLA goes up, my portfolio gains in value. If it drops, I have the means to add more.

* though it looks like I could/should pick up a symbolic share at $420 -- I missed that last time around.

Today now looks likely to NOT trigger the uptick rule for the 1st time in 6 sessions:

$361.22 - 10% = $325.09​

Will be interesting to see the naked short volume and percentage from FINRA today. Note that its about 13 days since this prolonged bear raid begain, coincidentially the amount of time given MMs to cover their naked shorts. Here's a 15-day chart:

sc.TSLA.15-DayChart.2020-03-19.13-35.png

Mod: I think I goofed and deleted a bunch of posts that I had intended to move into the Coronavirus thread. Tough... they should have been there already. No, we don't have time to police yet a third thread about ventilators. And last but not by any means least, I am completely fed up with posts about particular numbers. They have no relevance to anything at all. I've warned a bunch of people about this (probably including the ventilator postings that I meant to move), but now you're all being warned. There will be an instant time-out for people posting about magic numbers. --ggr