Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is the caveat (after some thought)
Without Fremont Open and producing Cars, Tesla does not deserve the current SP. I think that is the essence of EM tweet.

In Feb. -- Tesla did a secondary offering (2.65 million shares of common stock for a price tag of $767).
Agreed. This is the topic that has been occupying his public comms for several days.

It is difficult to come to any other conclusion if you heard his comments the other day on the call re product line start-up times are decreasing with each iteration, achieving profitability sooner with each new product, and "blow my mind" superlatives re battery day topics.

"The Devil Made Me Do It."
Screenshot_20200501-125656_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

You should give her a shovel and have her dig in the dirt. It works wonders for most women, even the ones that didn't know they loved to dig in the dirt. If yours is different, no harm, no foul.
I'm not sure having her dig a hole in the ground is the best strategy for your longevity.

This is off topic for the thread discussion today, but just noticed that the Tesla Home Page now includes the Model Y in the top image - now showing all 4 cars lined up on a landscape scene. It has of course been in the "Text" links at the top for some time, as well as some of the lower images on the home page...but I don't think it was in that top-most image as of a few days ago.

I don't recall how far along the Model 3 was before it appeared similarly in the updated homepage a couple years ago, but I know it was definitely well after first deliveries.

Not sure if there is any connection to production status or anything else stock related...but I have always wondered if the appearance there indicated some milestone.

The value of this forum has been on the decline but today it's worthless. I'm taking a break. It's clear there is no room for any opinion aside from "everything is perfect put all your cash in TSLA and trust Elon 100%". Reminds me of the opposite of TSLAQ.

You don't know my financial situation. Maybe I need to sell next week? There are thousands of other stocks out there, maybe I want to rebalance? This nonsense that paper losses triggered by an idiotic tweet are meaningless is ridiculous. And despite some notions, options trading is still investing.

I fear the answer may be no.

If you do then feel free to enlighten us. I see an erratic CEO dipping back into how he was before the past year of stability and it concerns me.

Okay...bye. If you are still complaining about a doubling of the share price from 6 months ago, good luck on finding something else out there. Sure, there are a few. But it’s easy to see after the fact.

As an outsider / investor in the company, I have a hard time identifying a rich person that cares less about money than Elon. Or at least money for money's sake. He's the only rich person that I'm confident will spend every dime and impoverish himself in pursuit of outcomes he deems important - others will spend millions and even billions, but it'll always be a fraction; 10%, 20% - maybe even 70 or 80%.

Nobody(*) else will spend it all as he will (and has).

(*) Approximately. I'm a Bayesian - there are no absolutes(**)

(**) Yes, that was an absolute.

Since just about everything else in this thread is on the topic of Elon's current mental state, here is my $0.02:

I believe is he has an extremely low emotional intelligence (and probably wouldn't deny it), he fully admitted to being heartbroken after his breakup with Amber Heard and if he's truly going through some ish right now with Grimes (*gasp*), who appears to be due any day now, combine all of that with the COVID-19 stuff and his frustration surrounding that and we're seeing the EXACT same Elon behavior as summer 2017 during the difficult Model 3 ramp. He went on stage to "deliver some Model 3s" that night and later admitted to being absolutely crushed due to the breakup.

Pure speculation:
If he and Grimes are on the outs right now, her imminently having his baby, words could be flying around about "you owe me half of everything, all you care about is xyz..." results in what we saw today on Twitter.