Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow!

What a Jag disaster. Guess they will discontinue this Tesla killer soon. I am sad. Wish they could sell these at profit. Tesla simply cannot build BEVs fast enough to pick up the slack.

But anyone that wants an EV and is not blinded by legacy brands and does any research comes to the objective conclusion that Teslas are the best deal out there, and that is before you take the superchargers into account. This is turning into a complete massacre.
Exactly, Tesla is doing too good a job. It would fulfil it's mission even more if the cars were less good. I'm not complaining. Thought experiment; Tesla remove AP and FSD and stop work on FSD - the Jag would sell a few more. More importantly, they would feel like their next BEV model has a chance. What will their next model be - PHEV...

Is Tesla accelerating and decelerating transition to renewables?

It's the interviewer who appeared insistent about bringing up Tesla, not Chanos. She asked if he were still MAX short Tesla, and he simply answered that he is still short Tesla. This seems to have been the general pattern lately when he is asked to discuss Tesla. I suspect that he may have covered most of his Tesla short position, but may believe that his imagined potential for a failure of Tesla has become woven into his credibility. He must know it provides reason (clickbait) for the media to continue inviting him to serve as a source. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who noticed he started twitching when she kept hammering him on Tesla? He really didn't like the question about why Tesla didn't fall over during the Corvid flash crash but instead recovered.

Also I wonder how much credibility Chanos has left these days, I don't believe he has had a single short call go right for him after he got lucky on Enron. The difference between Chanos and WSB is they know they are stupid at WSB, Chanos actually thinks he is smart and that's the best way to get murdered by the stock market.

My spies inform me that I-5 south of Frémont is awash with Tesla carriers. Observers reported a high proportion of Model Y.

I just received my call coordinating delivery for tomorrow. I tried to see if I could pick up June 30th morning but she highly recommended to avoid doing that as they are expecting to deliver 200 cars that final day! I’m going to push my delivery to Monday near 8PM instead. Seems like they will be operating into the night getting these cars out!

I just received my call coordinating delivery for tomorrow. I tried to see if I could pick up June 30th morning but she highly recommended to avoid doing that as they are expecting to deliver 200 cars that final day! I’m going to push my delivery to Monday near 8PM instead. Seems like they will be operating into the night getting these cars out!

Elon always said if you work 80 hours a week, you get twice as much done. So deliveries 24/7 seem like a possibility to make up for shutdown?

Ordered a model 3 yesterday and it’s ready tomorrow at 2am : teslamotors

2AM delivery time..lol. Probably an error.

Also I wonder how much credibility Chanos has left these days, I don't believe he has had a single short call go right for him after he got lucky on Enron. The difference between Chanos and WSB is they know they are stupid at WSB, Chanos actually thinks he is smart and that's the best way to get murdered by the stock market.

I'm not sure but I _think_ he called some of the Chinese reverse merger frauds correctly....

Exactly, Tesla is doing too good a job. It would fulfil it's mission even more if the cars were less good. I'm not complaining. Thought experiment; Tesla remove AP and FSD and stop work on FSD - the Jag would sell a few more. More importantly, they would feel like their next BEV model has a chance. What will their next model be - PHEV...

Is Tesla accelerating and decelerating transition to renewables?
OT, weekend, my opinion is worth what you pay for it.

That helps other OEMs sell inferior cars. People buying a Jag instead of a Tesla is not a net gain. Especially if their next car is still inferior (let's face it, they are not likely to leap frog Tesla).

Tesla needs to be X times better than an ICE to get the general population to switch to sonething new. That is the competition. Making them less awesome would hurt EV adoption since the other EVs are even less enticing already.

More vendors of lesser cars helps pull forward purchases vs a sold out market. If people are willing to wait for Tesla, it doesn't matter what else is out there. The consumer's best future lies in plentiful supply of the best, lowest cost EVs. Whoever makes those, wins. Whoever buys those, wins.

UNECE Level 3 (maybe eyes off) traffic jam assistant regulation (except e.g. USA and China) explained:
  • divided streets only
  • street not accessible for cyclists and pedestrians
  • up to 60 km/h
  • lots of (restrictive) details
  • baby steps
Questionable if Tesla can achieve the required two method attention check in S and X, where they don't have an interior cam.

I'm assuming this chart was created with Apple software?
upload_2020-6-28_10-17-22-png.557564

There's something just not right about it. I think they messed up their planes because some of the values look like they are below "0" even though the x-axis doesn't cover negative numbers. Typical Apple "don't worry about the details" or whether they actually mean something as long as a 5 year-old could use it and it looks pretty. Apple is all about looking pretty.
I just want to nudge the right most one to see if they all topple

Elon always said if you work 80 hours a week, you get twice as much done. So deliveries 24/7 seem like a possibility to make up for shutdown?

Ordered a model 3 yesterday and it’s ready tomorrow at 2am : teslamotors

2AM delivery time..lol. Probably an error.
In Texas they were doing anytime as the paper work is done prior, you just show up to the service center and find your car. It should be connected to the app. Get in watch tutorials if you need to and drive off.

Thank you for talking down to me. Anyone else want to take a shot?

Hmm...if I can offer you two dueling pistols as well, that’ll make two matches. Another couple of pairings (perhaps @Unpilot and I can be the grande finale performance?) and I can make this into a masked outdoor evening ball event with accompanying social distancing entertainment.

Is this Factchecking on Twitter? I forgot it‘s his birthday too today...

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1277321864101138433?s=21

If Tesla facts is correct and lots of shares get bought, causing the SP to rise and create a permanent shortage of floating shares, wouldn’t that create the perfect circumstances for another round of financing by offering more stock (like earlier this year)? It could finance quite a few projects by a certain ambitious person bent on growing the company.

I note that NO delivered 41 cars yesterday (Saturday), they don't normally delivery at the weekend, so it's a positive sign they're busy.

In Belgium the M3 inventory is now down to 8 M3:

View attachment 557564

It's great to see deliveries have picked up, but it's normal for Norway to deliver on Saturdays, especially near the end of the quarter.

If Tesla facts is correct and lots of shares get bought, causing the SP to rise and create a permanent shortage of floating shares, wouldn’t that create the perfect circumstances for another round of financing by offering more stock (like earlier this year)? It could finance quite a few projects by a certain ambitious person bent on growing the company.

Which is why I was so opposed to the idea presented here by some that Tesla was about announce an stock offering in the 900's a couple weeks back when the double analysts downgrades came on the same day. It would be ridiculous for Tesla to dilute when so many stock catalysts are within the next 6 months.

The hater analysts are paralyzed. They are afraid if they raise too much the share price will emulate a Falcon rocket but if they raise too little Tesla's results will blow them away. Either way, the results are the same. So they are paralyzed with fear and stuck doing nothing.
I guess we will be stuck in the weird position where volumes are talked down for the first 2.5 months of the quarter to undermine the Tesla story - then suddenly jagged up for the last couple of weeks to engineer a miss. It will be interesting to see if this sort of nonsense continues to play out.

Last edited: