Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Electroman I have repeatedly posted my thoughts regarding Tesla advertising. I believe Tesla should advertise their Master Plan as a solution to Climate Change. My posts have always been met with robust disagreement.

I have done my best to extend countenance to dissenting opinions, however, I still believe it is a moral imperative for Tesla to advertise.
Count my disagreements.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Churchill

I'll try to keep this on topic. We missed the opportunity to avoid frequent climate disasters in the 1970s when China had not yet begun to burn massive amounts of coal. If we'd have been serious about protecting an amiable climate, we'd have reduced emissions then. But instead, the world has more than doubled it's CO2 emissions since 1990 when the world's nations started play-dating negotiating how to reduce emissions.

As a consequence, some amount of climate change is now baked into the climate system. Likely at least +2°C over the next 20-30 years if we act with haste to reduce carbon emissions.

But there's no indication that carbon emissions are decreasing. Cheaters and Wall St. pillagers make the short term gains from burning more and more carbon drive national policy of the world's largest emitters.

The issue before us is a stark one: We're all aboard this fragile iron-hulled, coal-burning steam ship and we're headed at full speed on a collision course with an ICEberg. The only question is, do we try to slow down before we hit, or as some fossil fool's would have it, will we continue to speed up?

Tesla at best can show the world where the brake pedal is, how it works, and how to use it. But the other Wall St. foot is still on the gas pedal. We're gonna hit the ICEburg either way, it's just a question of how fast. We've been accelerating towards it for the past 50 years, and there's a whole lot of inertial in this old rust-bucket steam ship.

Tesla brakes are good, but not that good. We need to be realistic about the physical properties of the climate system, but continue to do what we can even while knowing what we know. That's called 'having the courage of your convictions', and it'll make a world of difference in the end.

Bon voyage! :D

BONUS ANALOGY:

First Rule of Holes: When you're stuck in a hole, first stop digging!
(2nd rule? Stop burning *sugar*...)

Last edited:
We disconnected from the rest of the FANG stocks this morning during the MMD and have yet to recover.

upload_2020-10-12_11-51-2.png

No, no, no.

Just remember, it's your word against Musk's. Hang in there!
But @Krugerrand just told me he told me so, and he did!!
In my already discredited defense, Elon accepted Model 3 order in Brazil in 2016 and I paid for one. Now we have everything from Audi (e-tron) to Zoe with , others here might not know JAC, but we have three of their BEV's on sale. Jaguar, Porsche, Chevrolet, Nissan, they're all selling their BEV wares here, but no Tesla!
So, maybe accepting orders in India might be a ruse like it was for us.
OK, I don't believe that either. Besides the new Tata Nexon looks pretty good.

I still agree with your position. I think Tesla will likely sell low digit 10s of 1,000s per year of Model 3/Y in India. Certainly more than the Mercedes EQ variants, but still relatively low.

I think Tesla is setting the stage to sell more Models 2 in India, then very large numbers of locally made Models 1 in the second half of this decade.

Cheers!
Don't tell anyone, but I haven't really changed my mind either. o_O

Only issue is that we're missing out on a big UP day with this manipulation...
There's no volume. If there were, the manipulation would have no impact. Fairly confident we'll get our share of this tech rotation after the MMD has fully processed.

Either way, we're due for a breakout and earnings is coming right up. I highly doubt the market is going to be able to sit on it's hands that long. Someone will break the ice, push this thing up 5% on a random day, and it'll take off. They've been loading the spring since well before Battery Day, it always releases eventually!

TSLA is lagging pretty badly behind the market on low volume. It should be touching $450 by now with the action in the Qs. Still, better to be up than down. :rolleyes:

Yup, exactly. TSLA capped since 10:52 AM vs the QQQ (Nasdaq-100 'macros'), and hugely manipulated downward beginning at 11:10 AM.

Here's a screenie of the TSLA interactive chart from NASDAQ: (compare TSLA to the QQQ in purple)

TSLA.chart.2020-10-12.10-52.png

*S&P: TESLA, TO BB-/STABLE FROM B+/STABLE - FOREIGN CURRENCY LT

Tesla's long-term rating was upgraded by S&P to BB- from B+.
Outlook remains stable

HO! So that's what triggered the manipulation. :p

Last edited:
*S&P: TESLA, TO BB-/STABLE FROM B+/STABLE - FOREIGN CURRENCY LT

Tesla's long-term rating was upgraded by S&P to BB- from B+.
Outlook remains stable

Where’s that full chart of ratings so we can see if this is an actual upgrade or just a different sequence of letters and symbols that means the same thing: you know, like last time Tesla got an upgrade. :rolleyes: