Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to need some tissues and a short break to recover...

That's nothing. I'm going to have to change my pants.
:oops:

Fascinating! Pop a huge buy order at fixed, escalation SP, and grab all available sell orders in the last 10 seconds so nobody has time to react by raising their sell order prices (pardon me if I got the stock parlance wrong). Somebody just gained a lot of shares with controlled risk. Can't wait to read @Papafox ' analysis on THAT one.

ETrade DITM LEAPS pricing at the close is definitely wrong. I assume they'll fix it Monday at the open.

upload_2020-12-18_16-17-53.png

upload_2020-12-18_16-18-35.png

Well, that sure was a bit disorderly! A big difference between the closing auction price and the instant market price.

Don't think we even know if the buyers got their 12.4 million shares that they asked for in the imbalance.

I think they still have a deficit of the shares they need (based on all the unfilled buy orders during the closing cross). The question is, is the deficit bigger or smaller than the shares speculators are still looking to unload? And that is still unanswerable!

17 mln shares traded AH already. 192 mln for the day (it was 175 mln after the closing cross). I think most funds will finish buying today if it continues at this speed.
Seems the cross was ~60M shares?
AH ~17M shares?

That's not 120M+. Am I looking at this even remotely correctly?

Process the 20-40M share remainder at an opening cross Monday and be done with it? That would be ideal for my covered call selling plan next week.

• Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5
ETrade DITM LEAPS pricing at the close is definitely wrong. I assume they'll fix it Monday at the open.

View attachment 618991

View attachment 618993

Yeah, the BID prices are all showing as $0. But there is an ASK price. But they are still pricing them in the middle of the spread, or half of the ASK... It will probably get fixed after open on Monday.

Last edited:
I think none of the above. It'll be based on the Opening Cross, Monday morning.

That'll be the indexes next chance to get the shares they need.

For the disagrees, here's what I found for how the opening price is determined on NASDAQ:
How NASDAQ's Opening and Closing Cross Works

The brief read here is that it is the same process used to determine the closing price; It just happens in the morning in the last 10 minutes of premarket trading, along with all of the orders that accumulate over night, in order to find the price that maximizes the order book at that moment.

S&P has indicated that the official start of trading for the index that includes TSLA is the opening price on Monday.

Any information to the contrary, I'm eager to see. I don't have knowledge about this beyond what I've been reading and learning these last couple of weeks.