Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's Market Action Summary:

The Buyer's and Sellers were playing chicken today.

No one flinched.

The closing cross sure was uneventful today. Very low volume.

I have researched back to the TSLA IPO date. This is a pattern that repeats 2 days every week since IPO. Both days Start with "S".

Bullish.

Not advice.

Last edited:
FSD in a controlled tunnel is not what we all think of when we speak of Robotaxis/Tesla Network.

operating in a closed tunnel (no intersections, no oncoming traffic, single lane, no pedestrians) is very different from operating on the surface streets. I am pretty sure, the current Autopilot is already perfectly capable of handling the tunnel driving.

Yes, it is a subset of FSD on streets and robotaxi. No, it is not a closed system when it needs to interact with the public. Waiting for people to board, deal with crowds, monitor riders, handle accidents or jams, etc is not easy.

Similarly, flying people to the space station is not the same as flying them to Mars. That does not mean the former is something that can be taken for granted. The experience gained is critical.

Last edited:
The Chinese investment bank, based on data from suppliers, claims that Giga Shanghai's capacity continues to grow. Tesla's factory is expected to be able to deliver 107,000 units in Q2 2021

A car carrier returning to the Austin gigafactory is most likely going to be empty so why not just load it up with some Model Ys and Cybertrucks for local customers? Cost isn't going to be "double" for local customers.
Wow? so huh...Ok OK...
um....
Does it not make more sense for the car carrier that "delivered" the cars to the other state not bother unloading them; just drive across the TX stateline and do a "U"y. Or if the law gets that pissy drive through the parking lot of the out of state dealer and just come back with the same load.

The Chinese investment bank, based on data from suppliers, claims that Giga Shanghai's capacity continues to grow. Tesla's factory is expected to be able to deliver 107,000 units in Q2 2021
Hopefully will outsell the GM deathtrap Wuling Mini EV. Crash test link: 五菱MINIEV对撞老头乐,一个2厢变0厢,一个弯A柱,到底谁不行? - 懂车帝

Edited Note: Q2/2020 had ~90.7k deliveries. Tesla deliveries by quarter 2020 | Statista

Tesla related, big increase in EV / Tesla demand.

If (big IF) EU does implement Euro 7 recommendations, possibly no more new ICE after 2025/6.

Euro 7 requires that cars meet emissions regulations over the course of the car’s life and over the entire drive cycle.

The manufacturers say this is unfair.

The law says I’m not allowed to rob a bank, ever. I think this is unfair.

Euro 7 requires that cars meet emissions regulations over the course of the car’s life and over the entire drive cycle.

The manufacturers say this is unfair.

The law says I’m not allowed to rob a bank, ever. I think this is unfair.
Now come on here. Clearly it isn't fair to not offer at least one alternative to these poor old legacy auto makers.

In an effort to be fair, I propose the OEMs may instead develop an onboard means to collect all exhaust from each vehicle and provide a facility where the owner may routinely turn in their exhaust waste for processing.

Every time they stop for gas they can connect another hose to remove accumulated waste products.

Choice is always better than no choice, right?

Looks to me as if the new radar-less neural networks have not been trained enough yet. Not good, but just a matter of time for those cases. Quite sure that this can be solved without radar.
Andrej Karpathy seems to agree

Yes vision is extremely information rich. 8X surround 1.2MP @ 36Hz is a lot of constraints on state of the world, can be processed at 10X better latencies than what human meat computer can ever hope for, with full attention. We live in a funny silver of time where it’s a contest.

Last edited:
Now come on here. Clearly it isn't fair to not offer at least one alternative to these poor old legacy auto makers.

In an effort to be fair, I propose the OEMs may instead develop an onboard means to collect all exhaust from each vehicle and provide a facility where the owner may routinely turn in their exhaust waste for processing.

Every time they stop for gas they can connect another hose to remove accumulated waste products.

Choice is always better than no choice, right?
Why not use the large containment area between the engine compartment and the the trunk? Plenty of wasted space there.

Clearly, in order to be able to afford an RDNA2 GPU in every car, they had to remove passenger side lumbar adjustment!

I don't even know anymore. Like, everyone knows there's shortages of everything right now. But it's funny that Tesla is ponying up for extremely expensive RDNA2 GPU's which are in one of the worst shortages of any semiconductor product due to being made in very limited quantities on TSMC's most advanced process, while at the same time removing the dirt cheap chips used to inflate a little air bladder that creates lumbar adjustment in the passenger side seat.