Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How? Like really, how can Tesla actually do anything against orchestrated moves like that? They can’t, they can only continue to deliver and the suckers that sell, will be sorry to be scared out of their chairs like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
They used to do it, occasionally, back in the day, and it would largely reverse the damage. Most recent example was tweeting that AP was NOT engaged in the fatality in Texas (though as I recall the SP didn't recover as much as prior examples). Can't remember the specific other instances, but it has been done in the past.

And the way you do it is by publically posting a blog post or public statement about it *from the company*, which Elon can subsequently Retweet. (He should not tweet the info directly).

This is IMO the #1 issue that should be brought up at the shareholder meeting next month.

How? Like really, how can Tesla actually do anything against orchestrated moves like that? They can’t, they can only continue to deliver and the suckers that sell, will be sorry to be scared out of their chairs like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Easy, Tesla could publish official production/delivery numbers per territory per month, put the truth out there. Why not, what would be the objection?

This is getting so absurd, some guy tweets about sales numbers in one country, for one month and the stock drops 5%? WTF??? :mad: Tesla will do close to one million cars globally this year, that’s almost 100% growth and we are reacting to one month of data in one country? Give me a break!
Not even data. CLAIMS of data which is not even public (orders), from an anonymous source.

This is getting so absurd, some guy tweets about sales numbers in one country, for one month and the stock drops 5%? WTF??? :mad: Tesla will do close to one million cars globally this year, that’s almost 100% growth and we are reacting to one month of data in one country? Give me a break!
Well....the rate of expansion and production in China 'surely' shows the slowdown... :rolleyes:

Certainly not what I expected regarding China in May.

Any idea when we may get confirmation one way or another?

Next week. Given that Tesla has taken somewhat more aggressive actions in China with regard to FUD it wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth to this story. With that said, I'd remind folks of this tweet from yesterday:

Anyone who hasn't seen "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix should watch it.

This is another example of the dangers of social media, this time on the investment world. In the old days, markets were moved by real official information. With the advent of social media, any old clown can post a random rumor and influence a stock significantly. Not to mention the effect social media has had on meme stonks.

Last edited:
--Street Color: Tesla Orders in China Reportedly Halved in May According to The Information, Shares Plummet
MT NEWSWIRES 12:50 PM ET 6/3/2021
01:50 PM EDT, 06/03/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (Street Color news is derived from real time discussions with market professionals globally subscribed to the Street Color Premium Chat service on Bloomberg IB Chat and the ICE IM. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)

Price: 585.06, Change: -20.06, Percent Change: -3.32

I am going to fade TSLA on any strength and buy back below $550 :)

As someone pointed out a few days ago, proper grammar and spelling seem to be a thing of the past as it concerns news outlets. I want to know who "The Information" is and how I can obtain this status.

"Do you have the information?"

"I am The Information."

I've been as resistant as anyone else about Tesla not really needing to have a PR team........but this even testing my limits. I do think it's time for Tesla as a company to start fighting this.

I am beginning to agree as well. The full on FUD war against Tesla is getting ridiculous. And it does feel like a war as of late.

I've been as resistant as anyone else about Tesla not really needing to have a PR team........but this even testing my limits. I do think it's time for Tesla as a company to start fighting this.

Is there a way to puts this request for a share holder vote some how? Spend 1M on a small team is not a big deal it would go a long way at least for our sanity.

I'm starting to feel pretty old in my mid-40's after partying way too hard this past weekend. Let's see if I can brush my teeth and get in front of my desktop before this SP snaps back to $600.
Sir, it is Thursday

Also, I think it is time for lawsuits. Tesla has a legal team. Start suing those that are publishing false information.

Tesla's biggest weakness is communication. And it seems to be getting worse, not better.

Meanwhile Ford is up 6.7% today because of this.
Thought it was up cause of this:

1622744664618.png

Apparently I can't buy anything in my Fidelity IRA acct because it's been shifted to margin account status and some transactions haven't processed yet? Weird. I'm reading that it's perfectly normal, but I'd sure like access to the few k in net credit sitting there. I think this switchover happened when I bought a couple bull call spreads?

Didn't even know an IRA could use margin. Seems wrong.

Cheer to all you lucky folks buying the dip.

• Informative
Reactions: Nocturnal