Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh.....I don't think there's any gamma squeeze going on. With gamma squeezes, you see much more volatility and volume. Across my LEAPS, not seeing the spikes that we saw on the gamma squeeze that happened back in Nov. Not even close.

This honestly looks like institutional accumulation. You couldn't ask for better trading action tbh

There is a gamma squeeze happening. It hasn't kicked into full gear yet as the next two weeks look much stronger... especially if a close above 1200 happens this week.

Undoubtedly there is a lot of institutional buying happening, it is just pushing the option chain to the limit currently. The market was pricing in more a ~5% move this week and not a ~12% move in a day.

Battery Day mentioned LFP for energy storage and it is the ideal chemistry for that application.

So we know where the train is going, we just need to know the departure time.
An LFP (4680?) power wall would be well under $5k I think. TAM is massive, and a sneaky way to get people into the ecosystem.

i remember you adjusted your target from
870 to 840 during that stormy time. glad for you that ignored yourself and pulled the trigger at 895!
Yes, after passing this semi on 12/20 in Laramie WY (don’t ask) for the following day when we market downed, I had the wife do the driving and stayed close to the Terminal. Was a good day, pushed bout 1.5M into overall mkt, Travel, TSLA, MSFT, NVDA while driving with 50+ mph winds through the high planes of WY and NE. My target price was always there (was 870., moved it down to 840), but as I said over a month ago, SCALING in would occur sub $900. My predictive model says we’ll see another sub $1100 print within 30 days and sub $1000 within 60. Let the games begin. - again. This is how I get new model 3’s.

Attachments

• DF91F815-6991-427D-9722-D14A595F4CBF.jpeg
    DF91F815-6991-427D-9722-D14A595F4CBF.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 83
  • BE17AC39-6025-451E-8255-9A0E26E1232A.jpeg
    BE17AC39-6025-451E-8255-9A0E26E1232A.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 53
An LFP (4680?) power wall would be well under $5k I think. TAM is massive, and a sneaky way to get people into the ecosystem.
A specific advantage of 4680 form factor LFP cells, is that they can be used for EVs and energy storage. So when parts supply issues impact on vehicle production, diverting the cells to energy storage is possible.

When cells are in short supply, diverting some energy storage cells to vehicle supply is possible.

IMO 3TWh by 2030 includes some 4680 LFP, perhaps even 1.5 TWh of 4680 LFP.

Last edited:

There is a gamma squeeze happening. It hasn't kicked into full gear yet as the next two weeks look much stronger... especially if a close above 1200 happens this week.

Undoubtedly there is a lot of institutional buying happening, it is just pushing the option chain to the limit currently. The market was pricing in more a ~5% move this week and not a ~12% move in a day.
I guess I should clarify.

The move in November felt like an intentional gamma squeeze. One that was pretty much entirely based on momentum. I mean the Hertz deal was nice and all but it was just an "excuse" to create the gamma squeeze.

This, I feel, is mostly genuine buying from big data beat that has substantial impact to future earnings. The genuine buying is the one creating the gamma squeeze.

So yes, you can say this is a gamma squeeze, but the context around the cause and the substance of the move is much more sustaining

Another price target hike...

Big operating system, big operating system, daddy needs an upgrade! $1,200 you know you want to do it!