Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol this stock man.

I’ve seen the whole “holds up well on day big macro down day and then craters the next” play so many times with TSLA that they might as well call it the TSLA fake n shake. It was very unrealistic that there wouldn’t be a push down over the next few days before earnings given the macro environment. It’s a perfect environment for hedge funds and see how far they can drop TSLA over the next few trading days.

I’ll likely be playing some Jan 28th calls but I’ll be waiting until Tuesday to do so. I think market goes peak fear leading into that fed meeting next Wednesday and I think the market is completely off the mark. But until then, given how easily 1,000 broke, gonna be better opportunity for short term yolo calls next week
These guys are already backing off and covering, no one wants to be in front of this train. Just push down to whatever you can, shake the tree, then get out.

I like the theory of added liquidity from unexercised LEAPS about to expire. Kind of similar to Elon selling, makes the float less tight and easier to push things down. After all, everyone's literally sitting on their hands waiting for earnings.

I'm still thinking an $1100 close for tomorrow is the MM victory we end up with.

These guys are already backing off and covering, no one wants to be in front of this train. Just push down to whatever you can, shake the tree, then get out.

I like the theory of added liquidity from unexercised LEAPS about to expire. Kind of similar to Elon selling, makes the float less tight and easier to push things down. After all, everyone's literally sitting on their hands waiting for earnings.

I'm still thinking an $1100 close for tomorrow is the MM victory we end up with.
I really hope you are right...im getting tired of wifey saying "Does this mean we have to push off retiring?" on a daily basis lately :)

Driving back from Oregon after soaking in Hot springs we saw many Teslas being transported north on I-5.
My DOGE purchased belt buckle and cubertruck shirt just arrived. Amazing times.

Attachments

• PXL_20220119_171813558.jpg
    PXL_20220119_171813558.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 54
I've been playing a new game recently, and sometimes eat in front of the computer. A few days ago, I was adjusting a critical card placement in the last round of a 2 hour game when the mouse bumped into the plate. This caused the button to click, putting the card in the wrong position. I yelled something I can't repeat here, and promptly lost what should have been the final winning hand. I swore never to eat while playing games again.

A half hour ago, I was setting up a large call trade for 1600c LEAPs (my 2nd or 3rd largest order ever) in case TSLA dropped below 1000. The SP was a bit over 1010 when I set up the trade. Because the UI resets the limit price back to market after editing fields, I went back to adjust the limit price after a slight change to my order.

I was taking a bite of my sandwich, when my mouse bumped into the ***** plate AGAIN, as it passed over the Send button and triggered the order. This immediately incurred a paper loss in the high 5 figures. To add injury to insult, I watched my paper losses increase several times higher as the SP dipped below 1000 which was my target buy price.

Btw, if anyone wants to know what a 6 figure chicken sandwich tastes like... it's exactly like eating crow.

You might be on the right track with the DITM LEAPS that are expiring on Friday are screwing with the dynamics today but I doubt we're back at 1100 by Friday unless a huge rebound in macros. The stock is still acting very weak today given the macro's rebounding right now.

If we don't go lower before earnings, then it's great for me cause I'm already leveraged up well and we'll get liftoff from a higher point. If TSLA does get dropped intentionally in the days before earnings, I have a fun 15-20k to spend on Jan 28th Calls.........either outcome/scenario is perfectly fine with me

Ford can’t even do this themselves?
Breakthrough technology! 😀 Wow. ADT is the legacy monitoring, its business has been disrupted by Ring and others!

I've been playing a new game recently, and sometimes eat in front of the computer. A few days ago, I was adjusting a critical card placement in the last round of a 2 hour game when the mouse bumped into the plate. This caused the button to click, putting the card in the wrong position. I yelled something I can't repeat here, and promptly lost what should have been the final winning hand. I swore never to eat while playing games again.

A half hour ago, I was setting up a large call trade for 1600c LEAPs (my 2nd or 3rd largest order ever) in case TSLA dropped below 1000. The SP was a bit over 1010 when I set up the trade. Because the UI resets the limit price back to market after editing fields, I went back to adjust the limit price after a slight change to my order.

I was taking a bite of my sandwich, when my mouse bumped into the ***** plate AGAIN, as it passed over the Send button and triggered the order. This immediately incurred a paper loss in the high 5 figures. To add injury to insult, I watched my paper losses increase several times higher as the SP dipped below 1000 which was my target buy price.

Btw, if anyone wants to know what a 6 figure chicken sandwich tastes like... it's exactly like eating crow.
Total bummer!

I would have been on the horn to my Schwab consultant immediately. He may not have been able to do anything but they do bend over backwards to try. They've fixed a couple of really goofy messes for me in the past.

Total bummer!

I would have been on the horn to my Schwab consultant immediately. He may not have been able to do anything but they do bend over backwards to try. They've fixed a couple of really goofy messes for me in the past.

Ameritrade said in the past that they would be willing to do the same. However, in a month or two from now, this will likely be a fun little story... the fun part being the gains. I'd rather take less-than-optimal price now, than risk losing the transaction entirely. :)

Hi, fellow gamer here. Put the plate on the opposite side of the keyboard from the mouse.

I bill less than high 5 figures for that advice.

Hope it ends up working out well for you.

I'd suggest getting plates with a lower lip height at the very least (i.e. below or equal height to the mouse button)...

In Tobi Lindh´s latest timelapse drone video you can see the parking lot where they store freshly produced cars filling up. Around 2:20 they start a new row of cars on the left (first car arriving there):
Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 18.28.11.png

Later after going around the whole building the drone returns and you can see the lot from the other side at 20:37:
Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 18.32.18.png

I count 12 cars in that row.

Assuming they are putting cars there as they produce them (and not moving from some other storage area), that would be a rate of 11 cars in about 19 minutes or 1:40 minutes per car. Would be pretty good that early (Shanghai doing something like 40 seconds per car IIRC) but take it with a grain of salt.

Mod: added edit at @hobbes' request. --ggr
EDIT: Thanks @JohnnyEnglish for pointing out the video being timelapse obviously has an effect on the rate estimate :D - I think it is about a factor of 6 so we are around 10 minutes per car instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

On Wednesday, more than 450 scientists called on public relations and advertising firms, including the prestigious Edelman, to stop working for oil and gas companies. The firms’ ad campaigns for these companies, the scientists said, “represent one of the biggest barriers to the government action science shows is necessary to mitigate the ongoing climate emergency, and avert total disaster.” A group of 100 activists and former Edelman employees, calling themselves “Clean Creatives,” issued the same demand.

The question for the PR and ad business is whether this emboldened coalition of academics and advocates can turn fossil fuel companies into social pariahs — a sort of New Tobacco.