Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still see a lot of accounting fraud claims---Tesla hiding things in the books, or not paying suppliers to make the results look better, etc...

And mostly my counter-argument would be the Q folks don't understand accounting.

So, you're saying their charges of massive accounting fraud by Tesla management are not supported by the evidence?

Whew! Dodged that bullet! I was getting worried!

/s

Seriously? Like Elon needs a personal financial incentive to remain committed to Tesla?? That ship has sailed, pal. Whatever incentive could motivate the world's richest man is no longer financial.
You missed my upstream post where I suggested that Elon might not need any incentive package to keep running Tesla.

But along the lines of non-financial incentives, Musk could agree to run Tesla if held by X.

Last edited:
Tesla will be upgraded to investment grade later this year by S&P after it meets a bunch of metrics rarely other investment grade companies need to meet like 18% ebitda margins.

Definitely not investment grade this is “booking profits grade “, as all units are already pre-ordered and committed to buyers in the face of rising costs and rising prices. Investment grade would mean some risk and uncertainty where people would risk their capital to back a venture that will eventually sell some product which might produce a profit.

Tesla will be upgraded to investment grade later this year by S&P after it meets a bunch of metrics rarely other investment grade companies need to meet like 18% ebitda margins.

That’s because the most important metric of all towards S&P deciding your company being investment grade is that company depositing resources towards upper level employees of S&P.

Doing this makes your investment more safe, like mortgage backed securities.

Seriously? Like Elon needs a personal financial incentive to remain committed to Tesla?? That ship has sailed, pal. Whatever incentive could motivate the world's richest man is no longer financial.

Yes, one wonders about the effectiveness of an incentive plan where tranches are worth less than his daily fluctuations in net worth.

These Analysts !!! Did you ever see a more clueless bunch?
They project Free Cash Flow (FCF) in 2022 to be below 2021 FCF of $5B.
Tesla already guided 2022 capital expenditures (capex) to be between $5B-$7B about the about the same as 2021.
How do you deliver 50% more revenue growth and have FCF decline with Capex flat to prior year?
Q1 alone delivered $2.2B . . .I'm projecting over $12B in FCF for 2022 . . .it'll be raining money in Q3 & Q4.

1650627287903.png

1650627209540.png

I get this wrong every time I try to calculate PE, but here goes.

At close today Yahoo and everyone shows us at a PE of 205, but we're actually sitting at 136.9

1008.9/7.37

7.37= 4.9 (listed TTM) + 2.47 (incremental increase in EPS 1Q22 v 2Q21)

Sound correct? Who in their right mind thought we'd ever close the day after 1Q22 earnings with a PE of 137!

Speaking of PE.....why have we not heard from @StarFoxisDown! ?
In the past the day Yahoo updates the PE the stock has had a bull run. They have updated the day after earnings or several days after in the past. Let’s see.

• Informative
Reactions: Queeg500
The media accounts I’ve seen of the Q1 earnings reflect a transformed mindset. The skeptical, uninformed media no longer can ignore the operational and financial success of this company. This media mindset will quickly trickle into the general public. It’s taken far too many years, but our forum’s point of view is now becoming mainstream.

That said, I doubt the media and general public will ever get to the next level of appreciating how vast the opportunity is for Tesla to expand, and so general skepticism over the stock price will be endemic.

Live with it. Profit from it.