Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this person and don't want anyone to be critical. My vote would be to force Tesla to sell their Bitcoin.

I like Karen too. But it would be silly to think you have to agree with someone's every perspective simply because you like them. I'm sure Karen would appreciate her proposal getting adequate shareholder attention and I'm in favor of that even if I disagree with its premise.

It's all a very open and public process so I don't see the need to be secretive about it.

Someone is trying to have a vote put in that would let stockholders decide whether Tesla should be forced to sell their Bitcoin, and never buy it again. Tesla is opposed to this, obviously. Everyone is waiting for the SEC to decide whether this should be voted on.

I would post a link to the filing, but I won't. This is someone we know.
So like someone we know more personally like as a member here or just someone we know of like Johnny Depp?

Adding: I think I know Johnny pretty well now. Perhaps better than Mom.

Last edited:
I'm a long term Tesla investor but recently took out a single stock securities backed loan to pay a tax bill and buy a house. We put in an offer for the house the day before Elon's sell off in November, but the price recovered just in time for me to get the loan I needed and now, a few days before we move in, I get collateral called by the loan company and have to find a sizeable sum of money to cover the shortfall. I'll now have to sell some shares today or on Tuesday to cover this. I took out the loan specifically so I can keep my TSLA in the long term.

All of this was my risk of course, but this Twitter deal has had some knock-on effects even for those of us who want to HODL.
This is long winded and a bit rambling ....but your post triggered this response ... though it may be a bit tangential .. was going to delete but it may be useful to someone.....

the Twitter deal is not the real issue ... it could have been any number of black swan events either Macro or Tesla specific that could trigger these price swings

Elon has specifically stated more than once that if you invest in TSLA ... expect volatility why?

because EM is taking on big oil, big auto , big advertising, mainstream media , big energy , and big politics which all are being disrupted by Tesla in one way or another so their efforts to stop him/Tesla will be real and will have an impact on SP. and sometimes it will be Elon himself causing the volatility as we saw last fall and this week

EM is a strategic thinker and he has decided he needs Twitter as it is a primary advertising platform for Tesla... his key concern is not retail investors/traders in Tesla who go beyond simple buy and hold by using options, margin loans, or some other derivatives with TSLA shares as collateral .. he will absolutely not consider you in his decision making process to sell TSLA shares ...

now to your issue at hand

sorry to hear this happened and hopefully SP recovers early next week s o you can minimize number of shares you need to sell ... many fall into this trap ... especially younger folks who have not lived through extended downturns ....

this is exactly why my recent new home loan was done the old fashioned way cash plus a low interest bank/credit union loan ... i am not willing to part with a single TSLA share... buy using your shares as collateral you have lost control of some portion of your TSLA shares ... an consequently you have to worry about volatility in the SP

saving a couple points on a securities backed loan vs traditional mortgage or home equity will result in interest expense savings over the life of a loan that will look like a really bad decision in 10 years time if TSLA stock grows the way many of us think it will .. lesson learned i hope

you really don't want to mix your home financing with your stock investments ... unless you like not sleeping many nights ;)...any way for you to secure a traditional home loan at this point ? .. i would guess this would take too long ....

Last edited:
So this is what "stock rocketing up" looks like

Do people still think there is some threat to TSLA from the twitter acquisition?

This is what the fourth largest publicly traded company posting dumpster fire financials, losing $200b in market cap and dragging the entire market down with it looks like…

So it does indeed look like V11 single stack is not coming out yet. When Andrej returns to work seems most likely still.

Yeah, I don't think Andrej is a gating factor on when "single stack" is released. He's Director of AI (primarily Computer Vision), which is largely solved for FSD. It's the technology and techniques which he developed; now the team is simply implementing them by following his recipe.

"Single stack" is primarily a neural net (NN) training issue (trying to build a single large NN that works in all driving situations).

Remember, Andrej is not alone: For example, the Director of Autopilot software at Tesla is Ashok Elluswamy:

Last edited:

CFRA REITERATES STRONG BUY RECOMMENDATION ON TESLA, INC. SHARES

2:03 pm ET April 29, 2022 (CFRA)
We maintain a 12-month price target of $1,350, based on a '24 P/E of 88.5x, justified by TSLA's long-term growth potential. Form 4 filings confirmed that CEO Elon Musk sold 9.6M shares of TSLA for $8.4B this week to help fund his purchase of Twitter. On Thursday night, Musk confirmed via tweet that no further stock sales are planned. If true, we think the lack of additional stock sales removes a near-term uncertainty on the story and should allow investors to focus on the company's robust long-term fundamentals. We view this week's weakness as presenting an attractive entry point in one of the market's most compelling growth stories, with the ramp-up of the Austin and Berlin factories likely to drive near-term growth and significant upside potential looking ahead to 2023 and beyond from the debut of the Cybertruck, Semi, and Roadster, in addition to high-margin software sales, Optimus, etc. Pressure from large stock sales by Musk have created opportunity for investors to buy shares at a discount in the past.

FYI, not-a-recall recall for 48,000 Performance Model 3s due to speedometer possibly not displaying during track mode.

So many witty comments come to mind, but none are said for those who might see this as a very bad thing. That’s my empathy quota for the day exhausted.
The people concerned about this are also likely to be unaware that stock race cats often do not have a speedometer.

Edit: cars obviously, but I'm leaving the typo for the unintentional lulz

The people concerned about this are also likely to be unaware that stock race cats often do not have a speedometer.

Edit: cars obviously, but I'm leaving the typo for the unintentional lulz
The problem is, as Tesla said in the recall, track mode can be used on public roads, even if it shouldn't be, so it has to comply with FMVSS.

EM is a strategic thinker and he has decided he needs Twitter as it is a primary advertising platform for Tesla...

It is dangerous projecting motivations based on actions.

Musk has said why he is pursuing Twitter. While it is convenient to suggest there is some sound business decision that involves Tesla going on here, I don't think that is a safe assumption. As an advertising platform for Tesla, purchasing Twitter is a massive waste of money. A giant waste of capital.

All of Musk's businesses are philanthropy in a way. All of them. I suspect Musk sees the Twitter acquisition in the same light. It is Philanthropy. He is buying Twitter to protect the town square and free speech.

I'm sure it will also have lots of synergies with Tesla and SpaceX. It will also almost certainly end up hugely profitable. But fundamentally I'm sure Musk is being forthright about the Twitter acquisition being about free speech and the town square concept.