Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT before market open:

Elon said the May 16th date is important, for his appearance on the All In Podcast/Summit. Anyone figured out why?

This happened on that day in the past, among other things of course:
I think he meant that May 16 was important because that's when he mentioned political attacks would increase on him, and that was before Business Insider contacted him about the story we can't discuss here.

On the site in general, sure. But in the investors thread?
Investors should never, ever, consider themselves 'fans'. I'm sure kodak had a lot of investors who were fans. I'm absolutely obsessed with tesla and LOVE my car! and am definitely a fan most of the time, but as in investor, I try to wear a different hat. Constructive criticism of the company is valuable.

Elon admits he makes mistakes (overengineering the model X, over-automating during early model 3 ramp up etc). He probably knows he makes mistakes with tweets too. Its fair for us to spot those mistakes and criticize bad choices.
Note I said ‘to choose’. I CHOOSE to talk about the positives. That’s a very rational choice I make for many reasons, one of them being look around you. Virtually no one is able to be rationally negative and imo constructive criticism is often a catch all for *I’m upset and mad and someone needs to listen to my complaint and then do what I want so it will make me feel better*. Have a good and objective look. There’s real science on the topic.

Choosing to be positive doesn’t mean I ignore any and all that might be construed or viewed as a negative. I read it, I hear it, I process it, and then I toss it because I don’t actually see it as anything worth being concerned about. Tossing happens exceedingly more frequently then it did 5-10 years ago.

So again, to be perfectly clear, I’m not against discussing perceived company negatives. I’m against the emotional dramatics that come with the negativity and that create irrational outbursts and made up fairy tales of doom. I’m not against constructive criticism. I’m against the emotional dramatics that are almost a prerequisite nowadays.

I *became* an investor because I was a fan.

I *remain* an investor because of the business fundamentals.
I watched some videos, realized that was the future and became a fan, watched a show that opened my eyes to FUD, then bought an S which made me smile and realized it would make everyone smile, then worked for them and then retired.

OT before market open:

Elon said the May 16th date is important, for his appearance on the All In Podcast/Summit. Anyone figured out why?

This happened on that day in the past, among other things of course:
I think he refers to Twitter CEO tweets discussing the number of bots vs. real people using Twitter and how they get to the number of less than 5% of fake accounts.

Reactions: Paul_SF