Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish other tech companies did deep dives like this. It is incredible the amount of information they provide and the detail they go into. They are operating on such a high level they clearly have no concern about what potential competitors can glean from this.

On second thought, no I don't, it makes it easy for me to remain all-in on TSLA.

1664595310818.png

This. More of this in the future please.

Last edited:
I wish other tech companies did deep dives like this. It is incredible the amount of information they provide and the detail they go into. They are operating on such a high level they clearly have no concern about what potential competitors can glean from this.

On second thought, no I don't, it makes it easy for me to remain all-in on TSLA.

Is Tesla planing on building a cloud AI business around DOJO at some point ?

Some folks in here were expecting Dojo As A Service to already be up and running by now :)

Actual pace has been much more realistic, first exapod not until Q1 2023, scaling to 7 eventually... so it's going to massively improve internal NN training speeds next year, but external offerings of it is still a ways off.

EDIT- And he just answered a question where he specifically mentions future would make Dojo-As-A-Service the more logical path than selling the actual hardware to others.

BTW- more evidence Elon has been replaced by a pod person- he said 5-10 years for Optimus to be amazing. Possibly he FINALLY learned something from his FSD predictions!

EDIT 2.... AND...he's back... predicting full rollout of FSDb by end of this year, single stack by end of this year, next-gen parking lot code by end of this year

Also interesting- when asked about the semi having a different sensor setup he basically said no... lotta folks were expecting something on HW4 here and not so much

Last edited:

They do. You just don't watch them.

Reactions: UncaNed and Ogre
From the start I was impressed. They are much further along than I expected. I was not expecting a product within five years. Now maybe something in two or three?

He was just asked about that... said 3-5 years for them to deliver outside of Tesla itself

In HILARIOUS bit of self awareness though the question was when can we order one... and Elon said "I think you mean when you can you RECEIVE one..."

They do. You just don't watch them.

I see many tech companies do conferences and presentations on how to work within the current confines of their product, but not many that telegraph the good/bad/ugly of the product and what they envision their future being beyond a roadmap slide in a deck. Overall, there is not much transparency as lack of it is often their only competitive edge.

I cannot think of the last time I saw, Apple for example, talk in detail about their manufacturing process for their next gen chipset and the struggles they have had in designing it.

Last edited: