Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, now that the SP is fine (hehe), maybe some of you want to share your thoughts on this:
How about that Steam integration for new S and X? I'm thinking an MCU upgrade might, in time, be available to M3 and MY owners to allow the same or at least comparable functionality. That is - provided there aren't any physical limitations to prevent it being reasonable to do.
I'm curious about the Cybertruck MCU though. Will it be the same as S and X, or 3/Y?
That's in the works afaik, though I'm pretty sure it will be really for Ryzen MCUs. Intel and Nvidia MCU won't have the power to run it.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
He is unique, no question. He is not infallible, and we aren't doing him - or us - any favors by thinking otherwise and withholding what is potentially valid criticism.
Absolutely valid criticism should be dispensed. What’s been going on here isn’t that. It’s unadulterated pile on, name calling, bashing bs. It ceased to be valid and constructive 1000’s of posts ago.
If you get something wrong do you not want to be corrected?
That’s not the issue nor the complaint, and you bloody well know it. Don’t be purposefully obtuse @JRP3 it’s a bad look.
And one of the main reasons why I believe this whole mockingbird (birdie) saga started is likely due to Elon’s T feed being populated with sycophants, specially the ones he follows and replies back to. Like, pathole. They had a share in egging him onto this route and him likely Not getting to hear any criticism of such a move .
Well, it’s all past now and no point in rehashing .
I disagree. I don’t believe I need to explain that because I refrained from giving you the disagree rating. Of course, I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’ve got that unwritten forum rule wrong.

The front screen of that YouTube very clearly describes what it is about. The relevance to TSLA is obvious. There's no need for redundant explanation. No one ever "down votes" my YouTube postings except dhanson865.

That assumes the video hasn't been marked private, removed, or otherwise blocked.

I often browse in a way that the video is blocked and I have to go through extra steps to see the video.

Occasionally it has been removed and I have to ask what got removed.

All the time it's low effort for you not to provide context. I suggest you look at the mod note at Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

1671130944256.png

I think Zachary could be of use at another company right now. I’m sure he would love to establish his take-over/turn-around skills.

Oh, I'm sure companies like Ford have scouted him, but would he go? He's spent nearly his whole career building Tesla. To me, that'd be like Wayne Gretzky getting scouted by the L.A. Kings... (bad move, Wayne) ;)

Cheers!

Just adding a "Hail a Ride" button to the Twitter app avoiding the 30% "Apple Tax" is worth $300B a year... ;)

Cheers!

...what? This makes zero sense.

For one, it'd be just as easy (easier in fact) to add such a button to the Tesla app.

For another- you don't appear to have any understanding of what the 30% Apple fee actually applies to? Ride hailing, even from within an app, is not subject to it for example.

I think you are over-thinking this. Elon is pragmatic and matter-of-fact. He is simply de-risking because his acquisition was a bigger dumpster fire than even he thought. He wants to be able to go through a recession no matter how bad it gets without this debt hanging over him and his selling window was getting ready to close. A little pain now for long-term security no matter what happens is a worthwhile trade in his mind.

I don't know the specifics, but I don't have to. I think it's pretty obvious it's long-term de-risking than it is selling for gains in the short-term based upon insider knowledge that Q4 is going to suck. That makes no sense because Elon doesn't take this kind of action over short-term concerns. He wants to fortify his businesses to ensure his enemies can't take him down.
Very possible. I discussed with a tsla investor friend and he reminded me that Elon might not give a crap if he could have sold this at 20% higher SP. He is stupid rich after all.

I'm reasonably comfortable (I know my opinion doesn't matter) with him having sold if it means he isn't under the gun down the road in a worse way.

Nothing like joining the subset of Judases. "just dump" him

OK, a bit harsh language of me. Perhaps better to have said, let Elon pursue the things he wants. He himself has said he doesn't have much to do day to day with Tesla anymore. He has a great team. He has taken in interest in another company. He wants to spend his time turning things around in that company. Let him do what he wants to do. Does Tesla need Elon to be CEO anymore? It is just my opinion, but I think Tesla can survive, even if Elon is no longer CEO. Do I think Tesla could still benefit with his full time attention? Yes.

I am OK with the torrent of disagrees my comments have generated. I respect the different opinions. I want my bearish comments to be wrong. Thankfully, I never purchased TSLA on margin, otherwise I could be screwed. But my timing of trades has been extremely poor. I am still invested in the company because I still believe in the mission of Tesla. I still believe in the long term it will succeed and be financially successful as well. But I did not expect reality the last year or so. It is my opinion that it has not been simply the result of the broader market. It is my opinion that majority of the loss in value in the last year or so has been due to certain actions taken. I am OK with that being disagreed with. Again, I still view the long term results of this company will be positive.

- you wouldn't be criticizing us for criticizing him if it was you who lost a butt load of money picking the right company.
Yes, I would. Yes, I am.

All the feelings swirling around are valid and acknowledged. How you deal with them is a measure of your self-awareness and intellectual, emotional and spiritual development. We’ve got a lot of underdevelopment parading around under the guise of a bunch of labels and names and well, hogwash.

It’s all the rage to publicly post your (general) every thought and opinion. Back in the old days, we punched a bag, we took a walk, we called up a confidant, we cried into a pillow, we screamed in the forest, we played laser tag with our cat, or any other thousands of ways to take some time to decompress and work through the immediate reactive response to whatever didn’t go our way.

Within that period of reflection is an opportunity to learn, to discover, to mature, to be better and to do better.

Instead of hopping on the Internet to vent, to criticize, to speculate, to play amateur philosopher, to add fuel to the fire, practice being a more emotionally intelligent human being.

Lastly, I will reiterate what I’ve said for 10 years, buy TSLA with ******* impunity. The ending is epic beyond anyone’s wildest dreams or we all die in a ball of blazing self-destruction, which is technically epic in its own right.

So this is where the Semi gets built?
Semi probably gets built in Nevada and/or Austin.

IMO Mexico is one of 4 initial factories building Gen3 cars, with another 4 or more to eventually follow.

Thst is a likely path to 20 million vechicles by 2030.

Unlike TSLA, Tesls is in great shape - my conclusion - these 2 things seem to be totally unrelated.

In tech, in the us, typically you get a smaller base salary, annual bonus and RSUs that begin vesting after 1 year over a 4 year period. Most employees would get say 100k in stock at x strike price and those would vest quarterly equally over 4 years. Make sense? It’s complicated but if you joined when the stock was high you own a bunch of underwater shares and your comp isn’t what you signed up for.
I don’t know about other companies, but at AMZN employees are granted RSUs on annual reviews. RSUs are stock given outright (or strike price of $0) vesting over 4 years (or so). The number of RSUs an employee gets is depending on their performance and they take the performance reward devides by the stock price (at the time of the review) to arrive at the number of RSUs to be granted.

Of course, once the shares are vested, the employee own the shares and they can sell or keep as long as they want!

Last edited:
Yes, I would. Yes, I am.

All the feelings swirling around are valid and acknowledged. How you deal with them is a measure of your self-awareness and intellectual, emotional and spiritual development. We’ve got a lot of underdevelopment parading around under the guise of a bunch of labels and names and well, hogwash.

It’s all the rage to publicly post your (general) every thought and opinion. Back in the old days, we punched a bag, we took a walk, we called up a confidant, we cried into a pillow, we screamed in the forest, we played laser tag with our cat, or any other thousands of ways to take some time to decompress and work through the immediate reactive response to whatever didn’t go our way.

Within that period of reflection is an opportunity to learn, to discover, to mature, to be better and to do better.

Instead of hopping on the Internet to vent, to criticize, to speculate, to play amateur philosopher, to add fuel to the fire, practice being a more emotionally intelligent human being.

Lastly, I will reiterate what I’ve said for 10 years, buy TSLA with ******* impunity. The ending is epic beyond anyone’s wildest dreams or we all die in a ball of blazing self-destruction, which is technically epic in its own right.
"Instead of hopping on the Internet to vent, to criticize, to speculate, to play amateur philosopher, to add fuel to the fire, practice being a more emotionally intelligent human being."

Is that advice for people on this board or for Elon?

Semi probably gets built in Nevada and/or Austin.

IMO Mexico is one of 4 initial factories building Gen3 cars, with another 4 or more to eventually follow.

Thst is a likely path to 20 million vechicles by 2030.

Unlike TSLA, Tesls is in great shape - my conclusion - these 2 things seem to be totally unrelated.
Didn’t the link say they would use it to build cargo trucks