Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a quite big change in tone on every MSM happening pretty soon

Not because Tesla is advertising, but they said they will give it a try, and you can be sure they won't on those places who drag Tesla name in the mud, and the ones that dragged the most over all those years might be screwed already since Elon don't take kindly to lies being spread for years

MSM isn't dumb, it likes money, and deep down they know who will be the brand selling a ton of vehicles and having a bank vault fatter than Uncle Scrooge

The effect that just the mention that they will try it will make Tesla start to be painted positively in most places

Why are they discussing in-car ads, is $TSLA adding ads into cars proposing you coffee shops based on your location (is this related to the map update)?

That question highlighted yet again Gary’s lack of understanding of Tesla. This is from a guy that puts zero value on FSD. Not sure why people even show this guy any f’ing attention.

I pay attention to Gary and Ross because they represent the WS Bull side. And it's painfully obvious to us retail investors how much future potential WS has not taken into consideration.

Which explains why TSLA is very undervalued and hopefully our TSLA investment will lead to a happy and early retirement.

The difference is Ford enforces this limit to specific enabled roads- Tesla leaves it up to the driver to turn it on in unsupported areas or not.
Fundamentally you've completely missed the mark here. You spilled a lot of words trying to make Blue Cruise sound like it's better than Autopilot—perhaps it is in a few circumstances—but Tesla doesn't charge $75/ month for Autopilot. Suggesting Autopilot on non-divided highways is not a feature is a joke. It's designed for divided highways. That doesn't mean it is worthless elsewhere.

I don't get the point of going on an apology tour for Bluecruise.

Last edited:
Fundamentally you've completely missed the mark here. You spilled a lot of words trying to make Blue Cruise sound like it's better than Autopilot

I've done nothing you claimed I did though.

Maybe re-read the post for what it actually says instead of rushing to attack arguments nobody made.

You asked about the differences in the systems. I stated a couple of facts about each system to answer what you asked about.

For some bizarre reason you made up a bunch of motivations and claims not actually contained in my response when all I was doing was literally answering YOUR question with factual info on each system.

Suggesting Autopilot on non-divided highways is not a feature is a joke. It's designed for divided highways. That doesn't mean it is worthless elsewhere.

I'll take "more things I didn't at all state in the post you're quoting" for $1000 alex.

Meanwhile, again, all I actually said is exactly what Tesla says about it in the owners manual.

I don't get the point of going on an apology tour for Bluecruise.

You made up that narrative man, you'd have to be the one explaining why.

Did you just ask the question planning to attack anyone who tried to answer you regardless of what the answer actually was?

Last edited:
…Try TSLL, a TSLA multiplier that increases at 1.5X that of TSLA. It is not for the faint of heart especially in this vacillating market, because it ALSO falls at 1.5X. WARNING: It is for the more experienced trader…

I don’t think an investor’s “experience” would necessarily him or her to a leveraged “investment” like this.

To be fair, you said “trader”, so it might appeal to a trader rather than an investor. But regardless of experience level, I don’t think leveraging like this improves one’s odds of long term gains over just buying and holding the damn stock.

Absolutely. Different investment strategies for different folks. And also different strategies for different periods of life. And also different investment strategies for investment purposes than for play money. For many years, when I was fully invested in my day job, I had the same mentality, until I realized how drastic those swing were ($400 a share to $108. There comes a point you have to stop the bleeding. So, today I actually get some enjoyment out of about 30 minutes of "play money" time a day. It sets the tone for the day to make $10k before breakfast. It sure beats gambling on cruises. I am also not impressed with people who sit in front of the computer all day managing their portfolios to death and fretting over every penny. But, hey. If that is how they chose to spend their time, again, so be it. I find if I tend to spend more than 30 min a day, I overanalyze and don't do as well.

Some people are also quite rigid for a variety of reasons and may state, "I'd never sell TSLA, or I'd never buy JPMorgan (choose to lose), or I'd never buy a Hyundai (almost got me there, but I did buy and sell an IONIQ 5 for a month for profit, just to see where they were at, actually better in some ways, but the autopilot was horrible)".

That's why I respect everyone's individual strategy and if some want a broker to manage their money while they attend to things more important to them, or want to let time run their money, so be it, have at it. I hope no one interprets my offering of a different strategy as imposing. It's simply sharing a strategy that works well for me and some of my colleagues at this point in our lives. Wishing you all successful, enjoyable and profitable trading.

My investment strategy is simple. Buy all the TSLA that I can comfortably, and by 2025 Elon will make me whole *.
I have few worries since Elon is on board with this plan. **

* I am already more than made whole
** It is inconceivable that Elon is not actually on board with this plan ;)

Because of you mentioning this, I found out that I'm blocked on Twitter by her 😐. But I honestly can't tell what a possible reason for that could be. I've sent a DM to her account on TMC here , Twitter isn't allowing me to send her a DM. Anyone here able to bring this to her attention so I could have at least a reason why I'm blocked? Learned a lot from her past years, so I'm feeling bummed to see this happening.
Thanks mod for leaving this here.
No need for others to reply on this matter further on the thread. DM's are open if anyone could further clarify why this happened. thx
She mentioned awhile back on Twitter that anyone who has a Blue mark will be automatically blocked. Did you sign up for verified account on Twitter?

Another misleading headline.... Guess the advertising dollars allocated for Tesla have not cleared yet 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

1684437246399.png

Plus, lets not forget that the motortrend ceo is also probably an expert in batteries, supply chain, engineering, giga casting, etc so he must know how much the actual costs go into the CT 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Why are they discussing in-car ads, is $TSLA adding ads into cars proposing you coffee shops based on your location (is this related to the map update)?
As a stockholder who wants to become rich, I wouldn't mind ads going into the cars if it brings in significant revenue.

As a Tesla enthusiast, driver, and....stockholder....I would HATE ads going into cars. I don't think Tesla will go this route. I also pray Tesla doesn't go this route. Not worth the money. Who wants to click to close ads in their car? It's annoying enough in the Solitaire game on my iPhone.

There's a type of price cuts that isn't usually discussed: inventory discounts. Model 3 RWD inventory in the US is being discounted by over $1k per unit across all configurations. This is an example in the Denver market:

1684437699357.png

The Greater LA market inventory discount is about the same.

More inventory discussion is posted here: Inventory Discussion

Another misleading headline.... Guess the advertising dollars allocated for Tesla have not cleared yet 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

View attachment 938916

Plus, lets not forget that the motortrend ceo is also probably an expert in batteries, supply chain, engineering, giga casting, etc so he must know how much the actual costs go into the CT 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
"Tesla is developing a power train that is ~$1000 in cost, for sure having 4 of them will make impossible to be $75k" lol

While I don't think this new rotor will be on CT, it might on the front axle, specially on the lower trims

So are non-superchargers expensive or did gas just drop to $0.50/gal?
Maybe if "All-encompassing" includes the cost of the SuperCharger station along with the land and infrastructure to deliver the power? Warped.
  • EV fueling costs: All-encompassing, the cost of fueling an electric vehicle is often higher than a gasoline-powered vehicle. This is a deterrent to consumers who are on the fence.

I started following Drew a few days ago...I'm going to keep track of what he posts as it seems it's a more useful way to get insights into a top manager at Tesla than what Elon posts...

Begs the question - Did Elon know about this? Seems Drew is just finding out...doesn't help their mission. Yes I'm still posting about this subject.

So are non-superchargers expensive or did gas just drop to $0.50/gal?
Maybe if "All-encompassing" includes the cost of the SuperCharger station along with the land and infrastructure to deliver the power? Warped.
  • EV fueling costs: All-encompassing, the cost of fueling an electric vehicle is often higher than a gasoline-powered vehicle. This is a deterrent to consumers who are on the fence.

Another reason for Tesla to implement educational advertising and a PR department.

Last edited:

View attachment 938916

Motor Trend is not Edmunds. MT is in general more balanced than the rest of the ICE head magazines.

And in this case I don't think they are too far off. CT will start at a much higher price than $39K and in the next few years we may see one with that price. $75K price this for year CT seems in the ball park. I can guarantee that.

There's a type of price cuts that isn't usually discussed: inventory discounts. Model 3 RWD inventory in the US is being discounted by over $1k per unit across all configurations. This is an example in the Denver market:

View attachment 938923

The Greater LA market inventory discount is about the same.

More inventory discussion is posted here: Inventory Discussion
Is this just a snapshot in time or part of a bigger picture such as clearing out inventory?