Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why your reply is so hostile.

It would simply be nice to read headlines that were more specific to what TESLA as a company is doing rather than 1 persons antics. But I guess those headlines don't get clicks.

It's a shame for those people working their collective butts off at Tesla.

Just my $.02
I’ll explain. This is what you posted: Tsla down almost $7 in pre-market and is down over 40% from ATH and the talk on the forum is about Musk fighting another CEO.

Essentially, here’s the current problem with the forum, people, but I offer no solutions.

I agree it would be nice to read those kinds of headlines. Given the last decade of headlines, we no longer hold our breath.

We’ve no idea what’s a shame for the employees of Tesla. Maybe they find motivation in being peed on all the time. Maybe they don’t even read the headlines. Who do you know at Tesla and what is their take?

Just take one guess who was grumpy enough to do this.

View attachment 964839
I can remain grumpier longer than the market can remain irrational or you can remain solvent. Wanna test it out, ask my spouse, or take my word for it?

There was I reason you got your first disagree from me (though I’ve been tempted in the past) that actually didn’t have to do with me being grumpy. The fact I can’t remember in this moment, may or may not be relevant. 🤷🏻

...I'm sitting here laughing about stuff like ending Capitalism in order to save the climate crisis.

This all screams of the entire world getting angry and having hissy fits over not paying attention to a real problem for decades, then suddenly paying attention to it without any answers and pointing fingers at everyone else because it affects them personally finally.

Meanwhile, the engineer that's been working on it since forever continues to chug along on a fix...like, I dunno, opening up Space as a capitalist industry that's infinite in its potential and reverts us back to being happy with Capitalism because its so large and open-ended. Once the engineer fixes the issue, then everyone rejoices and goes back to their daily business and the world keeps on turning.

...lives sands in the hourglass, these are the days of our lives.

Tesla, therefore, will not succeed without some careful and judicious planning. They will need to make investments in Brazil-sourced components, including mining and refining if they want to have Minas Gerais support (BTW, Fiat did that with stellar success), a crucial political factor

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia said on Monday that U.S. electric carmaker Tesla plans to invest in the manufacturing of battery materials in the Southeast Asian country and will make an announcement in the next few months.

Perhaps something similar can be done in Brazil?

I assume there is a substantial market for energy storage batteries in Brazil?

Long term for something like Megapack it makes some sense to do mining, cell production, and battery pack manufacture close to end markets.

Otherwise, Tesla is essentially shipping a lot of heavy materials around for no good reason.

Eventually Tesla might build a vehicle factory in Brazil, but it may make more sense to do that after local cell production is well established,

Reactions: navguy12
For those who can't see the tweet:

""Sawyer Merritt

@SawyerMerritt

BREAKING:
@Tesla
has launched an all-new Standard Range Model S and Model X in North America. Both are $10k less than the Long Range Model S/X.

Model S Standard Range:• $78,490• 320 mile range• 3.7s 0-60MPH
Model X Standard Range:• $88,490• 269 mile range• 4.4s 0-60mph""

Everybody who has been paying attention can look at those figures and compare to the original Model S and see how far Tesla has come.

If I remember correctly, the "Original" Model S was the nominally 85 kWh version in 2012, and that model continued (along with the 60 and 40) into 2013.

I believe the price of the 85 back in 2012 -- 11 years of inflation ago, was $80,000. The range was listed as 265 miles. It had a single motor, rear-wheel drive, no parking sensors, no autopilot cameras. Solid metal roof (with options for glass or sunroof). I believe the 0-60mph time was roughly 6 seconds. I think air suspension was an optional extra back then.

Today, for a LOWER price (and even lower comparitively when you consider inflation), you get 50 miles more range -- over 20% extra, plus dual-motor AWD, an amazing supercharger network, the 4th generation of autopilot hardware and software, and so many improvements all over the vehicle. The 3.7s 0-60 time is even better than the P85 from back in the day (I think the P85 was over 4 seconds). And so many iterative improvements on the interior, exterior, and body construction.

Google tells me that $80,000 in 2012 is the equivalent of over $105,000 today...so the new base Model S today is a crazy value by comparison to what Tesla could produce back then.

I'm also wondering if this means Tesla will be increasing Model S and X production levels...a $10K lower starting price should open some doors.

It appears the new variants of S+X are software locked, with no option (today) of extending it after the fact. I guess I dont know how to feel on this, on one hand this might open up some new buyers, but on the other its like 140/160 per month difference on payment and I would much rather just give customers more range while dropping the price on the long range like 7K or something. I also wonder why they just wouldn't incentivize leasing more to drive volume. They could easily resell these in 24-36 months.

Bullish y'all!!

1692066704006.png

But....

1692066744536.png

And of course the pricing 'makes sense' because:

1692066787011.png

Bullish y'all!!

View attachment 965033

But....

View attachment 965034

And of course the pricing 'makes sense' because:

View attachment 965035
LOL not only that, but when GM realizes how much money they're losing on the Escalade, you'll be blown out of the water when they blindside you with a price increase! And you'll be blown out of the water when you realize you can't yet use all those Tesla Superchargers! And you'll be blown out of the water by GM's signature outstanding software and drive assist packages!

Excuse me while I go soil myself in the corner. Maybe I can get some water blown through my pants.

I’ll explain. This is what you posted: Tsla down almost $7 in pre-market and is down over 40% from ATH and the talk on the forum is about Musk fighting another CEO.

Essentially, here’s the current problem with the forum, people, but I offer no solutions.

I agree it would be nice to read those kinds of headlines. Given the last decade of headlines, we no longer hold our breath.

We’ve no idea what’s a shame for the employees of Tesla. Maybe they find motivation in being peed on all the time. Maybe they don’t even read the headlines. Who do you know at Tesla and what is their take?
For the record, I know a couple and they very much enjoy being peed on, but that’s probably a better topic on another forum.

😳

Tesla just announced they updated the S and X, maybe we could discuss that instead?