Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1M is good for about $40k annual income in retirement.
According to 🤡 Dave Ramsey, the 4% rule is stupid, you should be making 11% annual returns so if you take out 3% for inflation, you can withdraw 8% and your nest egg will never decrease. I really do not understand how this 🤡has so many followers.

According to 🤡 Dave Ramsey, the 4% rule is stupid, you should be making 11% annual returns so if you take out 3% for inflation, you can withdraw 8% and your nest egg will never decrease. I really do not understand how this 🤡has so many followers.

Ramseys way is great for people who don't understand why their check bounced when they still had checks in the book (I realize how dated this reference is, but I did actually know someone who literally had that issue).

It's terrible advice for people who have any real understanding of math or finance though.... but sadly financial literally is (arguably intentionally) not taught in schools and shockingly low among a shockingly high % of people.

Ford is scaling back its EV ambition. Battery plant was to have 35GWh cap in 2026, but is dialed back to 20GWh.

Anybody know what their alternative supply might be? How is this not simply conceding the market to Tesla?

Or is this just a political stunt to get lawmakers to pony up more government cheese 🧀?

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Ramseys way is great for people who don't understand why their check bounced when they still had checks in the book (I realize how dated this reference is, but I did actually know someone who literally had that issue).

It's terrible advice for people who have any real understanding of math or finance though.... but sadly financial literally is (arguably intentionally) not taught in schools and shockingly low among a shockingly high % of people.
I suppose the 4% idea is geared towards many retirees being less willing to accept principal volatility, and having more conservative allocations that make 11% difficult to achieve.

We live in a clown world...

NEW YORK, Nov 21 (Reuters) - New York City Comptroller Brad Lander told Reuters on Tuesday that Tesla's (TSLA.O) board of directors should sanction CEO Elon Musk if he does not apologize for endorsing an antisemitic comment on his social media platform X.

Ford is scaling back its EV ambition. Battery plant was to have 35GWh cap in 2026, but is dialed back to 20GWh.

Anybody know what their alternative supply might be? How is this not simply conceding the market to Tesla?

Or is this just a political stunt to get lawmakers to pony up more government cheese 🧀?
Its only conceding the market to Tesla if customer wants a Tesla or even an EV. I know, I know, shocking, there may be push back against buying an EV.

• Funny
Reactions: STUtoday
It wouldn’t surprise me to see the first mod that many CT buyers do us to put a set of highly efficient pavement tires on the CT. Off road holds no interest for us for example. But trailer towing range does. I wonder how much more range a good set of EV tires would produce?
(No idea really).

Jmho.

Not just tires, you would most likely be able to downsize the wheels 1 or 2 inches and get more efficiency than just swapping tires assuming you aren't one of those people that are in love with short sidewalls.

It's the first thing I do on any car I buy. Figure out the smallest OEM wheel I can find that clear the calipers. Often they are pulls from someone that loves oversized wheels, sometimes they are pulls from a totaled car, sometimes I have to buy new. No matter the source it saves money on tires and increases efficiency (though is often not a clear financial win considering the time and money spent swapping).

Personally I think this is a good idea especially with lot's more cars using the Superchargers soon.

EA (Electrify America) still does not even have a functioning idle fee that I am aware. They threaten to charge an idle fee but do not actually do it.

Last edited:
Personally I think this is a good idea especially with lot's more cars using the Superchargers soon.

EA still does not even have a functioning idle fee that I am aware. They threaten to charge an idle fee but do not actually do it.
That makes sense for people that charge up to 100% so they can spend longer shopping and not pay idle fees.

But people that bought a long-range trim to visit out-of-the way places that sometimes require charging to 100% in order to make it back after staying overnight may not enjoy paying an extra $20 each time they want to use the top 10% of their battery. Unlike idle fees, these punish people using the system as intended too.

I hope that Tesla continues to prioritize supercharger rollout so that this does not need to be over-used.

Personally I think this [congestion fee] is a good idea especially with lot's more cars using the Superchargers soon.
Correct on the East and West Coasts. For the Supercharger Desert it's basically punishment for taking a road trip in your Tesla. With many SCs being 150-200 miles apart, it's necessary to charge to 90+% if you want to get there and have a bit of reserve for the unforeseen. Remember that speed limits are 75-85 mph. California thinking just doesn't work here. Skipping an SC because it's congested means you will not make it to the next one unless you drive 55 (and maybe not even then if the weather is bad or you have way points to stop at). Get the Supercharger locations at around 50 miles apart, and I can support it, but not currently, or change the requirements to exclude the Supercharger Desert from this.

Today, pretty much exactly halfway through the quarter, I've started seeing some non-demo Model 3's discounted. So far, I'm only seeing some Model 3 discounted. Last quarter, I think I started looking at Tesla inventory at around this time, and there were discounts on all models already.

View attachment 991057

Quick US inventory update: Some discounted Model Y's (less than $2k discount) have popped up as well now. Model 3's are now discounted as much as up to $3k. Still no discounts on Model S/X.

1700614870977.png

1700614911514.png

I have to say that the FUD timing is impeccable knowing full well this is a shortened trading week:

I have to say that the FUD timing is impeccable knowing full well this is a shortened trading week:

So your theory is this random circuit court judge specifically waited for a short trading week to make a preliminary ruling allowing the case to go to a full trial?

Wow.

18% of all households in America are millionaires? I wonder how many qualify if you do not include Home Values in their net worth.
If you read the article, then click on their linked calculator, you can use it to exclude the house in the net worth calculation. Doing so results in 12.5% of the population are millionaires, not including their home value in their net worth.

Fun exercise to see where I stack up (well, where I'd stack up if I were an American ;)🇨🇦). Thanks $TSLA!