Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this has been posted here many times before ... but needs to be reposted today
1701357667648.png
1701357602340.png

After the short video I just saw of Elon; he’ll tell the government to go entertain itself and he’ll do whatever it takes for Tesla to survive by its own rules.

Sweden should also assume they can also entertain themselves before Tesla will ever sign a collective agreement that doesn’t suit them.

This is THE Elon that will will us into sustainability. I’m pleased to see he’s alive and well. Sic ‘em, Elon!
Much like he's said "We have no interest in satisfying the desires of day traders, like we couldn't care less. Please sell our stock and don't buy it."

Or they turned down gov't $$$ for charging infrastructure, because he didn't care for the strings attached.

Or paid off the DOE loan early, partly because he didn't want to be accused of being subsidized by the gov't.

And pulled out of the president's advisory council when he disagreed with the direction.

Elon is not inclined to be bought or bullied. The Vance biography gives some insight as to why.

Last edited:
The DealBook Summit was Elon at his best—this is the Elon I know and love, and in part why I invest in TSLA. All he was saying is that it angers him when people act all kind and nice and anti-discriminatory when really they’re just the opposite—all virtue signaling without the actual virtue, all hopey-changey talk followed up by bad actions. And he thinks many people, with their boots firmly planted on Earth, can also see through the BS.

We observe this BS played out in multi-national corporations, in advertising, Wall Street, national politics, internet, etc, every single day. The simulacrum of kindness/morality/justice is not kindness/morality/justice, no matter how the silly million-dollar advertisements, TV shows and movies try to spin the narrative. It cracks me up to hear the wailing, “Oh that horrible Elon dropping F-bombs! Oh, the humanity! What will the children think!” This is the sort of nonsense Elon’s referring to. Good grief. If you don't like how the world is, stop the whiny virtue signaling, get off your butt and go out and try to change it.

Sign me up for another 25 TSLA shares. Just because Elon made me chuckle.
your avatar summarizes elon at the dealbook summit

One of the main reasons I think the 250k is sandbagging is that 250,000 units a year is now kinda niche for Tesla. The history of the company has generally been bigger selling, more market with each new model.
Semi isn't in production properly yet, and roadster is kinda vaporware, and a halo car...
I don't think Elon is interested in selling 250k pickup trucks a year. Why bother? why not just focus on making a million a year model 2s, or way more than that globally...

Maybe, just maybe Elon has finally learned that the media will NEVER give the company fair coverage, so they may as well intentionally sandbag so the media has no place to go with their negativity. I think we saw some of this very recently. The last earnings call had major predictions of doom due to factory shutdowns that would ruin Q3. As it happens, the highland ramp seems to have worked out perfectly.

Elon's terrible at timescales, but he is not so overly-optimistic on volumes.

From an investing POV I think 250,000 CTs are still going to be very profitable, but I suspect the peak production will be significantly higher. I also think the product is awesome from a brand POV as it broadens the appeal of the whole range, and enables more economies of scale for 4680s and FSD.

On the other hand, Tesla implements change on a continuous basis, and the greatest amount of change occurs after the release of a vehicle... it makes sense to control the ramp to manage that.

Yes, of course you disagree because you think people should have their cake and eat it too. In my house if you don’t like the flavor of the cake, don’t eat the cake. You’ve no right to step into my house, even if I invited you for dinner, to bellyache that it’s vanilla instead of chocolate. You want chocolate cake then bring chocolate cake with you, otherwise sit down and shut up because tonight I made vanilla. Elon just explained that to a group of advertisers.
An invite for diner? I don't know who makes Vanilla cake or if that's even a thing, but I'd love to try something new.
Can I bring my new family too? We're all getting together in Az this year - which is nearby, right? 🤷‍♂️

The number one reason I put in a deposit was for the 500 mile range. (I do think I would rather have a 500 mile X though). The long range market is much bigger than you think (my opinion only).
I also wanted and still want the highest range. Things can get nuts in a zombie apocalypse. That’s a fact.

Logically, having had a Tesla for almost 6 years now, I’m confident I could make significantly less miles work just fine even as the world comes to an end and I’ll have regular towing and off road events.

Partly I’m having a childish temper tantrum and partly I’m guarding against running out of fuel. I’ve begun to notice that I ‘forget’ to check my range then suddenly it’ll dawn on me I’ve been driving all over the wilderness and haven’t plugged in for three days. Range anxiety has moved to a dark, back corner of my brain.

Twenty or so posts about X/Twitter deleted. There was a clear warning by our head moderator yesterday. Free vacations will now be handed out.

More posts deleted. Some parts of some posts are relevant (Elon's need to sell shares to fund X), but it gets drowned out by everyone's personal opinion about Elon's behavior and tweets.

Twenty or so posts about X/Twitter deleted. There was a clear warning by our head moderator yesterday. Free vacations will now be handed out.

Understood, although given how his perception on these things is affecting stock price, it seemed germane.

That having been said, there's some replies to my posts I'd like to respond to. Is there a suggested best place to do that? (And if so, what are the chances of having the offending posts restored there? This issue appears to be affecting the stock more than anything in recent weeks).

Thanks,

• Love
Reactions: Thumper and Mengy
I'm in a great mood today - as always. Looking forward to an excellent presentation on the makings and design of a new technology. It's a triangle of metals that should hold up an entire house placed on top, borderline uncrushable. I'm not going to get upset if they didn't do something that I wanted (500 mi today). Just grateful, it's amazing already, it has 4 wheel steering, air shocks, precision fit and form, and the biggest wiper on the planet! Oh, and is that windshield flat? That could be a cost savings right there, pay attention legacy.

Plus, what we all missed will be even more entertaining. Can the hub caps trigger sensors? How far and how long will it float, with 8 passengers like other boats? Maybe I don't need a boat or to tow anything to the lake. Just drive right in :)

No mention of brands, except Fisker. Still, this reliability problem is at the root of the pullback in EVs from most of the brands trying to find a place in the new world of electrification.

That is a big part of why "EV demand is down" for so many of them. They are a decade or more behind the curve and don't have the technical acumen that Tesla has established in this space.

I dare say that if they had mentioned Tesla, it would have been to show them as the outlier. The one whose products are reliable and whose customers are satisfied with the brand to a significant degree more than others which Con-Reports neglected to mention by name.
Hmmm…this is the same not-helpful group that had certain Tesla’s listed as not reliable based on non-reliability issues.

Have they changed their survey parameters to more accurately reflect and define EV reliability yet? I’d look myself if I actually thought they had a clue, were accurate, and weren’t being paid to lie to consumers.

Understood, although given how his perception on these things is affecting stock price, it seemed germane.

That having been said, there's some replies to my posts I'd like to respond to. Is there a suggested best place to do that? (And if so, what are the chances of having the offending posts restored there? This issue appears to be affecting the stock more than anything in recent weeks).

Thanks,

Sorry, we can't do that. First the discussion was in this thread, then it was in a separate thread, then that thread got moved to Off Topic, then it got closed. And new ones are popping up constantly.

What they all have in common: the discussion quickly becomes a cess pool because too many people can't control their urge to vent their disappointment/anger/political views and then attack others or get attacked by others. This board has had its chance, several times, but lacks the necessary self-control.

This is an opinion shared by all moderators in this section and all admin (owners).

I would still expect such deliveries to be to employees rather than the public (youtubers excepted). Tesla has lots of employees outside Austin Etc
You may be right, but Farzad mentioned during his interview with Yashu that he knows someone taking delivery today in Austin, who is ‘just a dude,’ not am employee and not an influencer.

This coupled with deliveries now expected from other locations, leads me to think deliveries are going to be more widespread.

An invite for diner? I don't know who makes Vanilla cake or if that's even a thing, but I'd love to try something new.
Can I bring my new family too? We're all getting together in Az this year - which is nearby, right? 🤷‍♂️
Hypothetical to make a point.

You are not invited.
Yes, I’ve made vanilla cake and last week I made shortcake from scratch because I had some strawberries that deserved only the best.
Did it look like AZ was just down the street from my glass half empty picture!?

This coupled with deliveries now expected from other locations, leads me to think deliveries are going to be more widespread.
Perhaps in Austin but I remain skeptical of other areas. QA is not going to allow deliveries into areas that do not have trained service staff and parts inventories on the shelf.

Particularly service spare parts inventory are hard to access when just starting up production.

The production ramp will go much quicker and smoother if the product is rolled out in a sensible well supported manner IMO.

Now if validated service parts production shipped out on Monday then they could be good to go. QA will have to sign off on the launch plan which typically involves training and support requirements. I would expect any exceptions to be extremely limited. YMMV.

You may be right, but Farzad mentioned during his interview with Yashu that he knows someone taking delivery today in Austin, who is ‘just a dude,’ not am employee and not an influencer.

There was someone yesterday elsewhere that said he was invited to take one of 50 deliveries today at Texas but he had to sign a NDA. 45 minutes later he posted that his delivery invitation had been revoked for violating the NDA, and that he hadn't understood what a NDA is.

Was not able to verify if that was real or not.