Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up to 90 now!!!

Anyone remember when there were 1000+ used for sale what the number of facelift was? I remember it being a small percentage but am not quite sure I'm recalling that correctly.

In and around Feb ‘19 when searching for Model S around $45K and less, with under 30k mileage, I remember there being 60 or so available in FL. 0-2 of those at anytime were facelift from what I recall. I may be off a bit with that memory but in a more general sense they were definitely far and few in the range I was searching.

Reactions: byeLT4
I’ve been checking with Tesla-info because they seem to pull Tesla sites data less and I can see that there have been some quite decent deals that have already passed through. Couple of face lifted cars but without dual engines for under 45k seems pretty hot to me.
I think when everyone comes back from 4th of July vacation they’ll start throwing out more cars!

Tesla keeps adding P85D's with pretty high prices. There used to be sub-50k deals on P85D's, now they're pricing it in the higher 50k's - 60k's. I don't know what the car's actual value is but the price fluctuations are ridiculous

Tesla's website is a joke... Look at what it shows when I search:

upload_2019-7-8_20-45-56.png

Look at what it shows when I click on this:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-8_20-46-21.png
    upload_2019-7-8_20-46-21.png
    203 KB · Views: 50
Online and YouTube everyone keeps saying how awesome the 3 is. I’m sure it is but when I sat in one right after my s it seems small and cheap. The internet seems to prefer 3 overwhelmingly, that’s why I’m asking to make sure I’m not the only one. :)

It's a budget car. Those who prefer them are the mass market the 3 is targeted towards. I ended up with the S due to the cargo space. Didn't even consider the 3 as it did not have sufficient cargo space.

All this reminds me of how it used to be with Porsche... the only reason one would buy a Boxter is when they can't afford a 911.

I'd love an S and I'm still searching around but I'm a bit wary of the used market now so I am considering a 3 too.

All this reminds me of how it used to be with Porsche... the only reason one would buy a Boxter is when they can't afford a 911.

I'd love an S and I'm still searching around but I'm a bit wary of the used market now so I am considering a 3 too.

If you're in love with an S, get an S. If you feel like you'll keep looking at all those S's driving by you everyday while you sit in your 3, get the S. Tesla Used buying experience isn't great and sometimes even frustrating, but you'll get the car you really love. I just got a used Tesla from them directly. DM me if you have any questions.

If you're in love with an S, get an S. If you feel like you'll keep looking at all those S's driving by you everyday while you sit in your 3, get the S. Tesla Used buying experience isn't great and sometimes even frustrating, but you'll get the car you really love. I just got a used Tesla from them directly. DM me if you have any questions.

It's not that simple. I've been munching on this for a while now and there's things which make me want the S and things that push me towards the 3. The balance point is quite fine for now.

S:
+ bigger, more comfortable, quieter, hatch, exterior looks better, possibility of free supercharging
- bigger than I'd need, not so efficient, less range, dated electronics
- hard to find the car with the exact specs I'd like
- cannot afford new, used buying experience is luck based, more risk involved

3:
+ newer tech, more range, better/faster computer, can get a new one for the same price as a 3 year old S
- road noise, paid supercharging
- not a fan of buying new cars, I would love to have someone else take the depreciation hit but I would like one as new as possible.

Not a complete pro-con list but still it's a tough call for me. Either way I look at it, it'll be on the top end of my budget so I really want to make the best choice.
Haven't listed autopilot in either list because it doesn't matter to me that much. I know its limitations, I don't believe FSD is coming anytime soon so for now it's a glorified lane keep assist to be used on highways only.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I don't know about the other cars but the P85D's are RIDICULOUSLY priced now, they've just put up a regular, non-Ludi P85D at $65,000. Yeah it has low miles (20 something K) but that would probably have been priced a solid $12000 lower just a few months ago. It even has body color roof and no premium sound!

This is what I've been trying to say for a while now. Some of the #'s have come back a little but try to find a P85D/P90D/P100D and you'll see that the numbers are still super low and this has driven the price tag up. Good for those of us who got in within the past few months when there was a ton of them and prices were low. As popularity rises I don't think we'll see a massive drop in market values now moving forward. Especially once word gets out that these things go for half a million miles or more. I stated numerous times over the last few months that we would see a stabilization and possibly an up-tick in the used Model S market and that's exactly what we're seeing. I also feel like the cheap used Tesla will be the Model 3 with as many as they made. Once that happens the Model S market will balance even more.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden