Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 bug: Dog Mode disabled after Smart Summon completed

Should dog mode being disabled after a summon be fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me get this straight... you wanted to show of your dog driving the car? Seriously? DOG MODE MUST BE MANUALLY ENABLED EVERY TIME THE CAR IS PLACED IN PARK.

Please stop doing stupid stuff with smart cars :p

THIS is how Tesla ends up with bad press. Maybe what Elon should do is DISABLE SUMMON when weight is detected in the seats.

Whilst i agree that the op was careless, this does not mean there is not an issue. 'Used as intended' cannot be wielded to stop your feelings being hurt. There are many features, called safety, that prevent stupid things being done but we still expect them to err on side of safety. Eg. You cannot drive while charging, that's because the it would be a stupid thing to do but you can bet it would happen all the time.

Dog mode should remain enabled until manually disabled.

Humans will always do stupid stuff, it's in our nature.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: NoMoGas and Runt8
Smart Summon is intended as a tool where you can summon the car to yourself at the door of a store or restaurant, get in and drive away. If you summoned the car to yourself and left a dog inside after, that is not using it as intended. There is nothing to fix if used as intended by Tesla.

Total user error.

I disagree. I can imagine a case where you park, enable Dog Mode, get out, realize you should have parked a few feet further back in the space, summon the car backwards, and then walk away.

It would have never occurred to me that Dog Mode would have been disabled.

I disagree. I can imagine a case where you park, enable Dog Mode, get out, realize you should have parked a few feet further back in the space, summon the car backwards, and then walk away.

Things that are not the same, partial list: "Summon", "Smart Summon". If regular Summon also disables Dog Mode, I would agree that is a design flaw that should be corrected. But as others have pointed out, Smart Summon is meant to bring the car to you so that you can immediately get in and drive away. Dog Mode is irrelevant here.

This is exactly what happened to me. Moved the car a few feet in friends large driveway to let another car move, it didn't occur to me that dog mode would be disabled.

Things that are not the same, partial list: "Summon", "Smart Summon". If regular Summon also disables Dog Mode, I would agree that is a design flaw that should be corrected. But as others have pointed out, Smart Summon is meant to bring the car to you so that you can immediately get in and drive away. Dog Mode is irrelevant here.

Yes, regular summon disables dog mode!

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
We just need a feature that cancels stupid. It would cut down on a lot of these posts.

Seriously, how did you exist in this world before Tesla?

It's stupid that I had to move my car a few feet with dog mode enabled and by doing so it cancels dog mode? I would argue that the stupid thing would have been not to check my cabin temp after doing so knowing that tech isn't perfect. I posted this as a simple FYI to others, just in case!

I don’t think you should be able to summon at all in dog mode or with weight on seats. It would cut down on the stupid videos.

It’s just a matter of time before this feature gets crushed because people continue to act irresponsibly.

If you truly needed to just move it a couple of feet...get back in the car and move it.