Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I’m going to do the same. I only have an option to proceed with delivery though… do you have any other option? Should I contact my sales advisor?
No, I do not have the option in the account.
The only option I have is to accept my car will be different rand proceed to delivery etc.

You have to call them.

Also, just to clarify, my advice is UK specific.
So you should still have the right to cancel you just need to be careful about the refund.

Assuming your delivery isn’t tomorrow, before calling them (as you’ve seen upthread you only get one shot), I would read up what costitua a contract in your country/state and what happens if the other party changes the contract rand you don’t like it.
If there are any key words, USE them throughout the call.
Do NOT be rude or raise your voice, however frustrated you get.

But usually, “material changes to the contract” is the key sentence I’d say.

Agreed, and I seem to remember reading something about that. And the UK consumer protections appear to be pretty strong, unlike our US weak and getting weaker protections. Bit of envy here.
I think.. and this is a big I think…. That’s the only advantage we have 😂
Ok.. that and the… NHS… ok sorry, sorry, sorry 🤣🤣🤣🥲

But just FYI, the law? I’m using here isn’t distance selling , usually that applies after the goods are delivered/collected (I believe?) it’s actually contract law.
They’ve literally broken the basics of it..

Reactions: SalisburySam
I have 2019 M3SRP manuf March 2019. I get inches on my screen and am on FSD code (but I DO NOT let it self drive). I REALLY like where you can swipe the left panel to right and see everything. This feature should be standard
I don’t have FSD so I’m not sure if you’re being serious or sarcastic as I don’t know what the feature does 🙈😂
But you can deff see everything with the camera when reversing… but nothing in the front!

I don’t have FSD so I’m not sure if you’re being serious or sarcastic as I don’t know what the feature does 🙈😂
But you can deff see everything with the camera when reversing… but nothing in the front!
Can't see Jack from the rear camera this time of year after 20 miles on salted motorways. It's why deletion of USS without revised cameras or at least camera positions is such a ludicrous decision.

No sarcasm. Without FSD all you see is the left panel and cars around you. WITH FSD you can swipe the left panel where is takes up the whole screen and you can see cars everywhere, 2,3,4 deep and traffic in the reverse lane. The camera in the back is nice BUT the car DOES NOT warn you of an approaching car or person crossing your path. I have almost hit or gotten hit half a dozen times. I still have to back out slowly and crane my neck. This should be part of the base car price. NOT telling you not to buy Tesla but here is what Ioniq 6 offers in the same model 3 price range

Autonomous driving & parking​

Driving

At launch, the Hyundai Ioniq 6 will be available with Highway Driving Assist 2, the company’s Level 2 autonomous driving system. HDA 2 keeps the set distance from the vehicle ahead at the set speed. The car remains centered in the lane, even through a curve. If another car driving on the side approaches the vehicle closely, the path is automatically adjusted to avoid danger. Automatic lane changing is also possible, by giving a turn signal, but only when driving above a certain speed. Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA) ensures the car stays in the zone’s speed limit.

At a later stage, the Ioniq 6 could get Highway Driving Pilot (HDP), which is Hyundai’s upcoming Level 3 autonomous driving feature. With conditional automated driving, the EV can keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and maintain its position in the lane all by itself.

Hyundai Autonomous Driving roadmapThe Hyundai Ioniq 6 will be Level 3 ready, but local regulations dictate its applications. Image Source: Hyundai
Like HDA 2, HDP only works on highways. The driver has to remain conscious and be aware of the surrounding environment at all times, as the vehicle may ask them to take back manual control in case of feature failure or limit situation. It performs minimum risk maneuver when it asks but the driver does not take over the driving functions. In case of an imminent collision risk, HDP tries to maneuver the vehicle out of it.

HDP uses Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), various AI systems, and onboard sensors that gather extensive data regarding the vehicle’s surroundings. LIDAR is a crucial component of autonomy. As per a report from The Korea Economic Daily, Hyundai will install LIDAR sensors on all Level 3 cars.

Parking

Hyundai has equipped the Ioniq 6 with Remote Smart Parking Assistance 2 (RSPA 2), which allows customers to remotely park it and exit a parking spot. RSPA 2 works for parallel, perpendicular, and diagonal parking.

Last edited:
I've had my MYP (UK delivery, China build) for about 6 weeks now. I ordered back in April and including the EAP option. So whilst for the most part I am very pleased with the car I am shocked that Tesla can operate in this way. The Tesla Vision is absolutely awful. We already have one kerbed (curbed) rim. Reverse is fine as long as the camera is clean but going forwards into a space is like going back to the 1980s i.e. you have to guess (cos you can't see) where the front of your car is. The very random multi-coloured wiggly line is utterly pointless and the opposite to helpful. Not to mention the various features I have paid for yet do not have access to (yet!).
I sold a very nice Audi Q3 Vorsrprung in readiness for my first venture into the wonderful tech world of Tesla and find that the parking sensors, camera, etc on the Audi was light years ahead of what I have now. I still don't understand how the overhead view worked (as I could never see the drone) but it was brilliant.
If it was viable and I thought I could give this car back and get a Q4 or something without costing me a bucket I'd do it right now. Fair to say I am not impressed with Tesla's business methods and unless something changes drastically this will be my first and last Tesla.

I've had my MYP (UK delivery, China build) for about 6 weeks now. I ordered back in April and including the EAP option. So whilst for the most part I am very pleased with the car I am shocked that Tesla can operate in this way. The Tesla Vision is absolutely awful. We already have one kerbed (curbed) rim. Reverse is fine as long as the camera is clean but going forwards into a space is like going back to the 1980s i.e. you have to guess (cos you can't see) where the front of your car is. The very random multi-coloured wiggly line is utterly pointless and the opposite to helpful. Not to mention the various features I have paid for yet do not have access to (yet!).
I sold a very nice Audi Q3 Vorsrprung in readiness for my first venture into the wonderful tech world of Tesla and find that the parking sensors, camera, etc on the Audi was light years ahead of what I have now. I still don't understand how the overhead view worked (as I could never see the drone) but it was brilliant.
If it was viable and I thought I could give this car back and get a Q4 or something without costing me a bucket I'd do it right now. Fair to say I am not impressed with Tesla's business methods and unless something changes drastically this will be my first and last Tesla.
if by "changes drastically" you mean a software update arrives which massively improves the parking sensor function?
Then its been nice meeting you good luck with whatever sort of car you chose to drive next.

Reactions: Durzel
if by "changes drastically" you mean a software update arrives which massively improves the parking sensor function?
Then its been nice meeting you good luck with whatever sort of car you chose to drive next.
We share the same level of confidence. I'm already trying to just calm down and accept that this car will get marked. I had my Audi for close to 4 years and there was not so much as a scratch on the body or any of the Audi Sport alloys. 6 weeks of this car and one wheel already scraped! Joking aside I really don't understand how this is legally permitted. I paid for functions that I don't have. And when/if I eventually get them I almost certainly won't trust them enough to use them. I mean, how can this car self-park when it can't tell where the obstacles are? How can I use the summons feature when it has no idea of its surroundings and certain objects are apparently invisible?
Its beyond me to understand how anyone truly thought this could work. Having made that decision though its equally baffling that the Tesla engineers have made such a bad job of it. I mean there's a camera (or a bunch of cameras) looking at the wall. Can they really not come up with software which calculates the distance and relays that onto the screen? Apparently not.

Even cars with radar have kerfed rims.

Serious question, did you look at this forum before buying your car? I'm genuinely surprised that people buy EAP given the information here.
As far as parking sensors on cars goes nowadays, the argument that one should have to have done a forum deep dive before buying to understand that Tesla's version of parking sensors just doesn't work is ludicrous. Parking sensors are so ubiquitous on everything else nowadays, and for some time, that everyone rightly takes it for granted that their new £40k+ car has them. I'd argue they are as expected nowadays as electric windows are.

People also take it for granted that they work, because with ultrasonics - 99% of the time - they do. That's why people put their faith in them, and - unfortunately - sometimes damage their cars because they overrely on them. I said it when Tesla Vision Park Assist was finally released that showing distances, squiggly lines and beeps when they are inaccurate is worse than not showing anything at all.

We share the same level of confidence. I'm already trying to just calm down and accept that this car will get marked. I had my Audi for close to 4 years and there was not so much as a scratch on the body or any of the Audi Sport alloys. 6 weeks of this car and one wheel already scraped! Joking aside I really don't understand how this is legally permitted. I paid for functions that I don't have. And when/if I eventually get them I almost certainly won't trust them enough to use them. I mean, how can this car self-park when it can't tell where the obstacles are? How can I use the summons feature when it has no idea of its surroundings and certain objects are apparently invisible?
Its beyond me to understand how anyone truly thought this could work. Having made that decision though its equally baffling that the Tesla engineers have made such a bad job of it. I mean there's a camera (or a bunch of cameras) looking at the wall. Can they really not come up with software which calculates the distance and relays that onto the screen? Apparently not.
It's permitted because no one has challenged Tesla in a meaningful way on it in court, and the mainstream media, and reviewers, continue to cover Teslas incredulously without mentioning any of these shortcomings, either because they want to ensure future access to review cars, or because it doesn't even occur to them to check. I can't imagine reviewers nowadays even bothering to check how well the parking sensors work or if they're even fitted, they just take it as read that they are. You have to be an owner or have done a deep dive in forums, etc to find this info out in advance.

As far as parking sensors on cars goes nowadays, the argument that one should have to have done a forum deep dive before buying to understand that Tesla's version of parking sensors just doesn't work is ludicrous. Parking sensors are so ubiquitous on everything else nowadays, and for some time, that everyone rightly takes it for granted that their new £40k+ car has them. I'd argue they are as expected nowadays as electric windows are.

People also take it for granted that they work, because with ultrasonics - 99% of the time - they do. That's why people put their faith in them, and - unfortunately - sometimes damage their cars because they overrely on them. I said it when Tesla Vision Park Assist was finally released that showing distances, squiggly lines and beeps when they are inaccurate is worse than not showing anything at all.
I'm not sure how anyone thinks that parking sensors stop you kerbing wheels, 0% of the time the USS picks up kerbs.. I suggest that this was more of a comment on not having a decent 360 view that would help with avoid kerbing.

I would also observe that it's stated that Vision works fine in reverse, pretty convincing argument to always reverse into parking spaces, which is really the most sensible and safe way to park anyway.

I can imagine how it's irritating that they made an adequate parking sensor service worse, but the wildness of claims is over the top. USS was pretty rubbish as well. A good 360 view would be far better, and it's disappointing Tesla don't have anything comparable

Reactions: init6
I would also observe that it's stated that Vision works fine in reverse, pretty convincing argument to always reverse into parking spaces, which is really the most sensible and safe way to park anyway.
It certainly doesn’t work when the rear camera is obscured. And especially in winter it’s obscured a huge amount of the time, rendering it completely useless.

This is how bad Tesla Vision is…

Why would the average punter read a forum before purchasing a car?

Subsequent replies will have reminded you that, even if every one of the UK's couple hundred thousand Tesla buyers had done due diligence here on this forum, there are too many Scientology-style whitewashers whose job it is to reimagine each of the company's dumb decisions as progress.

Last edited: