Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Pictures - Interior and Exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the second row seats recline more, or iare they stuck at one reclined position?

Model 3 rear seats have one steep reclined position....

If it the rear seats on Model Y don't recline more - then long drive is going to be uncomfortable.

Anybody know?

I'm just trying to think of what kind of huge items where I would need them concealed on a day to day basis under a parcel shelf. Most stuff I would need concealed are smaller and would probably fit in the bigger of the two sections of trunk storage.

Wonder if there is something they can come up with in the aftermarket for those that need it.
Oh, there's an excellent chance of an aftermarket product showing up for this. Problem is, without hooks built in, you might need to permanently modify the car.

As for the trunk storage, that's not as convenient and not everything fits.

Reactions: paddlegirl7
damn i can't decide what color i want!!!! blue or white

Get both. :p

All those pic links are a good opening salvo of info to chew on. Some Q's and thoughts:

Nice big and deeper looking frunk. Nice! The frunk has a square bag in it. Is that the basic 120v charger? Will it come with the same J1772 adapter as with previous models? Will the different plugs (eg. 14-50 plug tail option) fit onto it?

I was disappointed there is no evidence of D-rings in the back. Stowed items should be strapped down for safety. If not D-rings, what could one do to hack straps over the deck to hold a spare wheel/tire, or something big, heavy and deadly in an accident/abrupt stop?

USB-c in the front also? My music is all on standard USB2 sticks, so I hope there's another option.

Glove box pics yet anywhere?

I hope someone pulls off that hitch cover soon and looks inside to see how easy it will be to aftermarket a 2" basic hitch for bikes, and rear boxes.

Confirmation of a 15" screen, or something else?

(I might add more questions here later)

This YouTube video might be already known to many of you, but I just found it. 8 minute long MYP walk around, vin #603, with 19" wheels covers off, and white interior. Interesting details not mentioned much.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Bigbear503
Picking up ours tomorrow at noon, so if there is something you want a close up on, let me know.

Model Y, Gray, Ubertine, Performance.
As many photos as possible of various features in the car.
Glove box compartment
Shots of Leg room in the rear when sitting and sitting position.
I know it has an electric hatch but wondering if it is hands free similar to other brands out there.
Interested to see how comfy it will be for my dog in the trunk size wise.

As many photos as possible of various features in the car.
Glove box compartment
Shots of Leg room in the rear when sitting and sitting position.
I know it has an electric hatch but wondering if it is hands free similar to other brands out there.
Interested to see how comfy it will be for my dog in the trunk size wise.

+

Wireless charging
Tow Hitch
Cargo Shelf

I'm fine with no cargo cover. I had one in my Leaf and my old explorer and always ended up taking them out because they got in the way because whatever I was carrying was too bulky to have it in place. The window tint is dark enough that you can't really see into anything esp. since the upholstery is black.

I'm fine with no cargo cover. I had one in my Leaf and my old explorer and always ended up taking them out because they got in the way because whatever I was carrying was too bulky to have it in place. The window tint is dark enough that you can't really see into anything esp. since the upholstery is black.

/agreed .. I had cargo covers in my Subaru WRX and in my Ford C-Max's and I also ended up taking them out. The cargo covers for both of my C-Max's are still sitting in the garage, not in the cars.

Beyond that, not only is the back window tinted from the factory, but the storage compartment is decently sized to hold anything you really really want to hide..

/agreed .. I had cargo covers in my Subaru WRX and in my Ford C-Max's and I also ended up taking them out. The cargo covers for both of my C-Max's are still sitting in the garage, not in the cars.

Beyond that, not only is the back window tinted from the factory, but the storage compartment is decently sized to hold anything you really really want to hide..
And the frunk can hold something you need to lock up.