Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaTracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.37.37 PM.jpg

A recent trip via Teslab. Very cool

Still can't really use the app, since it won't select my vehicle - just selects the first vehicle on the account. You guys really need to support multiple vehicles!

Anyway - the "Private Trips" option is backward. If I select "Turn Prive Trips Off" it turns it on, and if the reverse is true as well.

Still can't really use the app, since it won't select my vehicle - just selects the first vehicle on the account. You guys really need to support multiple vehicles!

Anyway - the "Private Trips" option is backward. If I select "Turn Prive Trips Off" it turns it on, and if the reverse is true as well.
Yes, we have a fix coming out for it. Multi trip is coming, we are working as fast as we can. We are coming up with an interim way to switch cars. Please email me again with the car you'd like. [email protected]

We have a fix in place for this now. We have sent you an email, please let us know.

The track tab seems to be working now.

Where do I find my actual username? It never asked me to use one?

The app has 2 sign ins:
1) To connect your car (this is what the app is all about). That needs your Tesla email and password (password isn't saved) to get the connection (API) going.
2) A facebook or twitter login (it authenticates via one of those). Mostly just for your profile picture for now.

Your name in the app comes from the Facebook/Twitter login. The car name comes from the Tesla connection.

Hi Naonak, PM me with your car name or last 5 VIN that you want to use in the app and I can switch it from the one car to other in the backend until we get the interface done sometime in the future.

This is something that's coming in the future. You will likely still need your phone.
I do not understand the phone dependency. Given the car knows it is in motion, why do you need the phone to be present? If I can track the car from the Tesla app, can't you get sufficient info from the car vs. having to have the phone on board? This is a variation on the "we have two drivers" problem - just want stats on the car really (though the reported profile would allow the driver to be distinguished assuming it's available to the API).

I've noticed that it's not honoring the back button on Android. You have to click the X to get out of a modal window (or whatever they call it on Android) - typically, the back button should function the same as the X button in that instance.

Thanks for this pretty cool tool. I think it was mentioned before but metric (km, Celsius, etc) for those of us outside of the USA would be handy. Also, some way to adjust the amount of gas saved. I guess from what I read it's difficult since there's the game aspect of it. But maybe a localized version of the same game play. E.g., where I live, Vancouver, Canada, fuel is about $1.30/litre in cdn$. I think that translates to about $5/gallon in cdn$. It would probably be too convoluted but just wondered. If not for badges and ranking but for private stats. Thanks for creating this.