Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish someone would create a super simplified Wave interface that is just based around counting down to the next traffic hazard as that's really all you need. You can then use the Tesla may for navigation and the Wave interface just for traffic and road hazards...

I'm almost tempted to try and write an app that does this.

Is it possible to have API access to the Waze road hazard database?
Yes, this is currently how teslawaze shows road hazards on the screen.

I think the issue is you need to look down on the screen often to monitor the map and notifications that pop up. If you get too busy, you might miss a pop up. I think what some are saying is to ALWAYS show how far away the next hazard is and count down in miles AND if there is no hazard say for the next 10 miles then say so with a prominent notification with a green background. The background can then turn yellow when you are 1 mile away and red when you are half a mile away. This way you just need to glance down to see the color of the notification and it will be either green, yellow, or red.

Reactions: OPRCE
I think the issue is you need to look down on the screen often to monitor the map and notifications that pop up. If you get too busy, you might miss a pop up. I think what some are saying is to ALWAYS show how far away the next hazard is and count down in miles AND if there is no hazard say for the next 10 miles then say so with a prominent notification with a green background. The background can then turn yellow when you are 1 mile away and red when you are half a mile away. This way you just need to glance down to see the color of the notification and it will be either green, yellow, or red.

GREAT suggestions

Reactions: OPRCE and PhilDavid
Used TeslaWaze on the way home yesterday. I brought up the notepad, and then the TW screen in the web.
It ran for about 5 miles of my 17 mile trip home, then froze at the 5 mile point. Not sure why I would use this, cannot mark hazards with it, does not point out all the hazards.

I run Waze on my Android phone, which does everything I need. Just wish TW was a better more viable product.

Used TeslaWaze on the way home yesterday. I brought up the notepad, and then the TW screen in the web.
It ran for about 5 miles of my 17 mile trip home, then froze at the 5 mile point. Not sure why I would use this, cannot mark hazards with it, does not point out all the hazards.

I run Waze on my Android phone, which does everything I need. Just wish TW was a better more viable product.

TW is a great product but IMHO it is doing too much. It doe snot need to duplicate the maps that are always shown on the car's display. LIke I suggested earlier, Tesla Waze woudl be os much more useful if it just showed when and where the next hazard is and counted down in miles towards that hazard with a prominent green, yellow, or red background.

This is all just about all of us really need. We just need to know of it's threat condition green, yellow or red :)

I love TeslaWaze just the way it is. I turn off all the map overlays except the police and accidents and it is perfect. Unfortunately it stopped working with the latest update 2019.12, which was the browser upgrade... @ericwol, do you have any plans to update to support this browser change? I use this thing every day and it's saved my butt too many times to count. Please say yes!! ;):cool:

It was running perfectly the past several weeks on the previous firmware... finally reached nirvana... then tesla updates the browser. I appreciate Tesla making the browser better, but hoping we'll get TeslaWaze back soon! *Fingers crossed*

I just installed TeslaWaze on my 2019.12.1 software and it works fine. But as SomeJoe said, there is a location permission bug and you need to back out completely and then rrload and accept the permission dialogue. Works fine after that. This will be true for pretty much any app that needs location data until they fix the 12.x browser...

I've got a new problem since one week with TW : the screen stay blank after authorisation popup, even after a reboot : has somebody have a tip for this problem ?

I see a similar issue where the auth screen is blank altogether only when navigating to another web page and then coming back to TW.

What seems to work 75% of the time is to close the browser while on TW and the re-launch it. But I have not had any issue with the screen staying blank/blank after the auth message and choosing Allow.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I can't get my browser to do anything. I normally use TW. If I do a thumbwheel reset, it get the reload icon like it's finished loading but nothing on the screen. If I hit reload, it appears to start reloading in the the reload icon turns to an 'X' but no progress bar and nothing on the screen. If I type in google.com, I get the same thing. Any clues?

I can't get my browser to do anything. I normally use TW. If I do a thumbwheel reset, it get the reload icon like it's finished loading but nothing on the screen. If I hit reload, it appears to start reloading in the the reload icon turns to an 'X' but no progress bar and nothing on the screen. If I type in google.com, I get the same thing. Any clues?
Try tapping the browser button down on the launcher bar, waiting a few seconds, then tap on the browser again. Then navigate to Google.com, then search for Tesla Waze, then click on the result and navigate into the site fresh