Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is TeslaWaze still a thing?

For the last few months it will start and work - for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then the browser just disappears like I closed it. Other web sites seem to work fine. This is in a MS100D, 2021.36.5.6. Reboot did not help.

Interestingly, often when restarting the browser it goes to TESLA.COM. I've never gone there manually in the car, nor is it a favorite. Seems to indicate something in TESLAWAZE is crashing the browser? 🤔

Any thoughts?

Reactions: gnxs

For the last few months it will start and work - for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then the browser just disappears like I closed it. Other web sites seem to work fine. This is in a MS100D, 2021.36.5.6. Reboot did not help.

Interestingly, often when restarting the browser it goes to TESLA.COM. I've never gone there manually in the car, nor is it a favorite. Seems to indicate something in TESLAWAZE is crashing the browser? 🤔

Any thoughts?
I can just confirm I have the same behaviour since a couple of updates.
The recent MCU1 to MCU2 update was in a little part to enjoy a functional browser, but seems even in MCU2 the browser is not very reliable.

Reactions: KArnold
Any thoughts?
Since upgrading to MCU2 I have not had any issues with running Waze on the browser. Tesla can clear your data logs if you call for service.

Reactions: mspohr
I spoke too soon! I'm am now having issues when I launch Teslawaze from the browser and get this message... Location information is unavailable.

Any suggestions on how to reset the location data? I have already tried a steering wheel scroll wheel reset to no avail. ;)

1639610537871.png

I spoke too soon! I'm am now having issues when I launch Teslawaze from the browser and get this message... Location information is unavailable.

Any suggestions on how to reset the location data? I have already tried a steering wheel scroll wheel reset to no avail. ;)

View attachment 744778

View attachment 744778
I reported this in the thread about this version: 2021.44
It’s not only Waze.
But no one reacted so far… until you.
So I guess we are back to waiting the next update to fix the is.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Is the bottom of the teslawaze app covered by the main taskbar? Am I missing something on mine? I cannot get to all the teslawaze buttons.
Yes that has been a problem on my plaid since day one but you can still press on the very top edges of the buttons and they work. I typically never need to use those buttons anyway so it's no big deal but I hope that is improved on the browser some day.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
So Browsers by default block access to GPS location and will prompt you for consent. In the old MCUv1 and MCUv2, they would show you a dialog. If that dialog does not display they are blocking access to your location from a web page. I do not have access to a MCUv3 so I can't really debug this issue.

You can run the HTML5 test and see if geolocation is enabled in the browser.

or a location test