Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonjour de France,
Est-ce que des Y RWD ont été livrés ou non ?
Je ne trouve pas de réponses dans le tableur car je doute de certaines saisies.
Merci de votre retour.
See you soon ;)
As the spreadsheet indicates and this forum reinforces, no Model Y RWDs have been delivered yet. It appears we will not see them be produced and delivered until 2021. The order page for Model Y says,
Standard range production is expected to begin early 2021.

Ok merci...
De toute façon, pour nous ce sera GF4, donc wait and see...
Le passage de la RWD à l'AWD constitue en France une majoration importante du fait de la perte d'une aide de 3k€ si le montant du véhicule est supérieure à 60k€.
Du coup, le passage à l'AWD représente 3k€+5k€ soit 8k€, soit 9k€USD

I added a new question about month/year of manufacture. You can see this on the driver's door frame sticker. This information isn't available before delivery.

z7WFkaI.png

Reactions: spsheridan
Is it possible to add a VIN sequence number field? Would help determine how many are being created per day and if the numbers are sequential.

VINs are not sequential. Tesla started intentionally randomizing VINs a few months after Model 3 production started because the media was obsessing over weekly production numbers. They leave large gaps unused and jump back and forth within a large range. The highest VIN is always larger than the actual units produced until that time. However, it's not a consistent ratio. I was one of the people tracking Model 3 VINs and I looked into this topic in detail at the time. Initially, the randomization was predictable but then it got more and more random.

If you are interested in production numbers, I still make calculations for that and post them here on Twitter. Here is my current estimate:

KqtqFrv.png

FWIW I was told that after you submit your order, the more complete your information was in your account, the faster the response.
Registration details

Payment Method

Drivers license

Proof of insurance (if possible)

So it's all about how fast they can deliver your car.
I’m confused, but not surprised. There seems to be a randomness about it all. The only thing that could be holding up our delivery was the long-standing mystery surrounding the tow hitch.

Our order was placed in March of *2019* - pretty basic (seemingly common) spec. We did get a call just after the whole COVID thing hit, but delayed as we require a tow hitch (for a tandem bike rack). As soon as the tow hitch option was available in April, we added the option and finalized all the insurance/payment info.

We’ve been told everything is in order twice since that date. No VIN yet.

We’ve seen posts about tow hitch deliveries being scheduled, but have yet to see any confirmed deliveries. We’ve seen posts claiming my exact spec being scheduled for delivery out east. The tin-foil-hat-wearing part of me thinks they are waiting for our trade value to drop even more. :( (kidding, I think)

...sigh...

VINs are not sequential. Tesla started intentionally randomizing VINs a few months after Model 3 production started because the media was obsessing over weekly production numbers. They leave large gaps unused and jump back and forth within a large range. The highest VIN is always larger than the actual units produced until that time. However, it's not a consistent ratio. I was one of the people tracking Model 3 VINs and I looked into this topic in detail at the time. Initially, the randomization was predictable but then it got more and more random.

If you are interested in production numbers, I still make calculations for that and post them here on Twitter. Here is my current estimate:

KqtqFrv.png

Am I reading it right that MY is only offered in US/Canada? This is (selfishly) great news, means that for those of us in NA orders will be fulfilled 24/7 and not 1/3 of each quarter like with M3.

I finally got a call for MY delivery confirmation within a few days
My profile was fully completed and paid includes DL and Insurance
No VIN and Tesla account and still says Drafting Contracts
I did get my VIN via text and called to confirm it’s my vin before getting the insurance
Excited for MY delivery :)

Reactions: DaBucketKicker