Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the plus side, I'll have the charger installed in my garage before the car gets here, so there's something... As well as all the mats, screen protector, mud flaps, etc.
Charger in the garage is not something I have to worry about.. We already have 2 electric cars and the Y will be the 3rd.. So we already have a 32 amp J1772 EVSE installed... The J1772 works fine with Tesla.. I barely use it as I charge 99% of the time on free public chargers. The J1772 is mostly used on my wife's BMW i3..

Getting close to a month since I ordered (4/4) and have still yet to get an actual delivery range. Just the 5-9 weeks from order placed date. Would be fun to get to participate in the ever changing dates delivered range, I keep hoping it'll show up at some point!
I ordered my Model Y LR, red about 1 month before you and they have just updated me to May 29 - June 18

Charger in the garage is not something I have to worry about.. We already have 2 electric cars and the Y will be the 3rd.. So we already have a 32 amp J1772 EVSE installed... The J1772 works fine with Tesla.. I barely use it as I charge 99% of the time on free public chargers. The J1772 is mostly used on my wife's BMW i3..
How easy is it to find these free public chargers? This will be my first EV - I'm in the Eastern GTA.

Congrats! It's so great to hear that it was almost flawless. So do you recommend that ceramic brand?
It was very easy to apply. Did not love the price though ($185). And its only day 2, so no clue if it lasts/works/helps :)
ShineSupply seems to have a lot of great products. I used the paint decontam + paint cleanser prior to applying the ceramic. It made the paint quite tacky. But now it is silly smooth.

Posted this in my tow hitch thread but thought it would be useful here:

I didn't really buy that end of quarter stuff until I just ran this little analysis on the spreadsheet. It's probably skewed a little because I bet at least 50% of people don't update once they take delivery.

Looks like historically they do ship more units in the final month of each quarter, and this was SUPER pronounced in Q1 2021. Not so bad in the second half 2020 though.

No wonder people have so many quality control issues!! They are doing a mad rush at the end of each quarter to get things delivered. They probably then spend the first two months of the next quarter trying out new methods of production processing, fixing the errors that they learn in their end-of-quarter mad rushes to get units delivered.

They are probably learning more through each of these cycles and improving the process of production. I'm guessing that the upper management at this factory is trying to get all the lessons learned that they will need for their Austin plant? I'm not sure what's different between the two, but at the very least the logistics of moving stuff throughout the plant and process/production placement as well. Interesting stuff. If Tesla didn't have such a legendarily shitty corporate culture it would be a pretty interesting environment to work in, at least as a person who does process management for a living. It sucks that the worst leadership personalities, are often the ones who we put in charge - at least here in the States.

EXCEL_Qgzy6BhB3x.png

Finally took delivery of our 01/29/2021 order the other day.

MY Standard Range, pearl white exterior, all black interior, 20” induction, third row 7 seat.

Car was basically flawless. Was quite the journey seeing the SR be cancelled and then no information/guidance from Tesla re. if the vehicles were even going to be built. Ended up getting the lower price after the drops.

$39990+$3000 (7seater)+$2000(induction).

Delivery date-range appeared and disappeared a total of 4 times. Was progressively pushed out each time before finally disappearing. But finally, we have the car!

Now we just need to hope that 1) the EV tax credit passes and 2) they decide to make it retroactive for all of 2021 :).

View attachment 657959

Here she is after 1 coat of beadlock ceramic. Ended up doing 3 full coats. 😳
Congrats.

My delivery center in Naperville said that shipments are not keeping up with deliveries. They finally have one showroom Model 3 and 4-5 test drive vehicles. I think USA production is going to be great and Shanghai is going to be off the charts. Good luck on your waits. I got my Black Y black interior and black wheels on April 1st. Worth the wait, 100%! Tesla skeptical wife likely will get a white Y this fall after enjoying the car. Maybe an early Made in Texas (MIT) Y will be our next Tesla?
I do think they’re doing cartwheels to keep the supply chain going, so a bit more stochastic than normal.

My earliest delivery date has slipped to June 02 (to June 22) from late May. They did fix the sales tax calculation. The car was ordered mid April.
Just wait 2 to 3 more days and you will probably get the same 5 to 9 weeks from order date.. My date got pushed further and further and now I just get the generic message.. My last actual date was June 1 to 21 and now it says 5 to 9 weeks from order date...

I was wondering... has anyone gone from date range to a generic x to x weeks and then back to date range or does it go straight to VIN assignment after losing the date range? I've been sitting at 5 - 9 weeks from order date for a several days now..

Mine's gone back and forth between the 1-10 weeks and a date range about 6 times since I ordered (back in March). Still no VIN for me. May 26 - June 15 range right now.